The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: All we needed was Baxter's laboratory to be called Botany Bay...
Great Fight Scenes! 38 54.29%
Aw... Dark Raph should have been longer... 29 41.43%
Mondo Gecko's so.... mondo tiny. 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #141
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 View Post
while he sat in that stupid lowered bunker thing.
With his head just sticking out of the top, it looked like the elevator got stuck.
Yeah, when he lowered down into that and was surrounded by fire I was like one of those dogs with the tilted head. "Huh?"

Sure... I'm just gonna get down in here and watch the fight with just my head visible and a wall of fire in front of my face, because it makes total sense to me as a complete psycho. lol

Of course, after Slash knocked over the statue and Shredder lived I could see the sole reason for it...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #142
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, when he lowered down into that and was surrounded by fire I was like one of those dogs with the tilted head. "Huh?"

Sure... I'm just gonna get down in here and watch the fight with just my head visible and a wall of fire in front of my face, because it makes total sense to me as a complete psycho. lol
Wouldn't his face get burnt because of being so close to the fire? I didn't get that part. "I am Shredder and nothing phases me."

Last edited by Sabacooza; 05-03-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #143
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
The worm creature actually reminds me of an old 1988 movie called Brain Damage. "A boy (Rick Herbst) grows addicted to psychedelic jolts from an eel-like brain-eating monster called Elmer." From Google search. IMDB. They always do a reference to old horror movies and I wonder if they referenced Brain Damage.
The worms could've also been a nod toward the goula'ud in stargate
Old 05-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #144
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier

Great Episode
Yeah it sucks Dark Ralph is onlly one episode
But loved Dr rockwell hitting donnie
Slash and the rest of the mutanimals are back
Great to see a variety of shredders mutants and not just using one or two
Liked how they made mikey face tiger claw
I felt that the turtes and mutanimals could have taken on the foot and tiger claw in the end
All in All 8/10
Old 05-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #145
CyberCubed
Overlord

People complaining about the shows "quality" should all leave because they don't know what they're talking about. Whining about some stupid dark Raphael thing that you guys conjured up yourselves by random speculation in threads for months.

The content of the episode was fantastic, and since mind-control plots in animation/comics has been done to death for decades I'm glad it didn't last more than an episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #146
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier

The only thing I didn't like was the constant use of the phrase "SNAP OUT OF IT"

okay, maybe it was only said 3 times, but still

Solid episode.
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:19 PM   #147
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People complaining about the shows "quality" should all leave because they don't know what they're talking about. Whining about some stupid dark Raphael thing that you guys conjured up yourselves by random speculation in threads for months.

The content of the episode was fantastic, and since mind-control plots in animation/comics has been done to death for decades I'm glad it didn't last more than an episode.
I think you should leave because you're clearly full of ****. Look how often you whined about the turtles having nostrils and you still do it.

While I'll admit the fighting was great, the story was not.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #148
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Cybercubed...considering the past threads you were making about Bebop & Hun (for those who don't know...just take a look back)...you're the LAST PERSON to talk...

The writers are utterly ignorant about how to write for Raph & Mikey. For example, callbacks to the season 2 finale (where Mikey hugged Raph to calm his rage) would have worked out Perfectly...but they didn't do that. Because they're stupid (in MY opinion).

Not giving Mikey or Raph any actual arcs (while Leo, Don, Casey, and even April have a lot more going for them) is not 'dumb'. And potentially wasting something that could have been great is 'not dumb'.

Once again, go back to your posts about Hun, or Bebop, or such Cybercubed...and remember the phrase 'the pot calling the kettle black'.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I think you should leave because you're clearly full of ****. Look how often you talked about the turtles having nostrils and you still do it.

While I'll admit the fighting was great, the story was mediocre.
Complaining about designs is not the same as getting upset about a plotline that was never intended because you guys believed your own speculation from threads for months. Raph being mind controlled wasn't hyped up for months in the show, and the previews of this ep showed Raph and the Mutanimals under shredder's command.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #150
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Complaining about designs is not the same as getting upset about a plotline that was never intended because you guys believed your own speculation from threads for months. Raph being mind controlled wasn't hyped up for months in the show, and the previews of this ep showed Raph and the Mutanimals under shredder's command.
Okay Mr. hypocrite.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #151
newhire13
Hench Mutant

I think some of you guys take things way too personally lol. Jeez.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #152
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Okay Mr. hypocrite.
Not liking the design of a character is the same as getting upset over a non-existent plotline that you falsely claim was "hyped up" for months? Where did this whole "dark Raph" thing even come from? Ciro said Raph would turn evil for an episode, and you guys went crazy with that speculation for months and now are getting all up in arms about it.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #153
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not liking the design of a character is the same as getting upset over a non-existent plotline that you falsely claim was "hyped up" for months?
I can't speak for him. I'm speaking for myself.

So me complaining that I want characters like Mikey and Raph to have good, solid arcs, on-going storylines is bad thing. And for them to be treated fairly (which I DEFINITELY think both have not) is a bad thing.

But you talking and making threads about the races of Bebop and Hun is peachy.

*Pats you on the back.* If you say so.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #154
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
But you talking and making threads about the races of Bebop and Hun is peachy.
I was worried Bebop's race would be changed, but since it wasn't I'm fine. As for Hun, I didn't make the thread about Hun that's currently on the front page here. You can see others didn't like his design change either.

And again, I don't see how character designs is the same thing as getting angry over a plotline that was only existence in speculation.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #155
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Boy dontcha just love how this forum brings out the best of us TMNT fans?

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #156
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

It was a good episode, though it was a bit disappointing to see Dark Raph didn't last long.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #157
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Not liking the design of a character is the same as getting upset over a non-existent plotline that you falsely claim was "hyped up" for months? Where did this whole "dark Raph" thing even come from? Ciro said Raph would turn evil for an episode, and you guys went crazy with that speculation for months and now are getting all up in arms about it.
I could go on and on about how you complain about things that aren't design related and believe me, you do a lot of complaining on this forum so don't even go there with me. Besides I'm not talking about a specific plotline I had in my head, I'm mainly referring to Raph getting a little more respect in the show. I don't think I'm asking for the world.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #158
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I was worried Bebop's race would be changed, but since it wasn't I'm fine. As for Hun, I didn't make the thread about Hun that's currently on the front page here. You can see others didn't like his design change either.

And again, I don't see how character designs is the same thing as getting angry over a plotline that was only existence in speculation.

You were getting mad if Bebop wasn't black. But did I go up to you and say "you should leave cause you don't know what you're talking about?"

I get mad because I think certain characters needs to be better handled in terms of arcs, development, usage, and so on...and yet I should leave because I want two characters that I enjoy (Mikey & Raph) to be better handled...in which I gave specific reasons as to how they COULD be better handled.

If you really don't know where I'm going with it, Cybercubed...then just drop it and get back to the topic at hand, which is this episode.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #159
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I could go on and on about how you complain about things that aren't design related and believe me, you do a lot of complaining on this forum so don't even go there with me. Besides I'm not talking about a specific plotline I had in my head, I'm mainly referring to Raph getting a little more respect in the show. I don't think I'm asking for the world.
So if Raphael remained mind controlled for 5 episodes, would it make any difference? Most likely Raph would remain Shredder's bland clone obeying his every whim, and the outcome would have been the same as this episode with Leo snapping him out of it. It just would have been dragged out over 5 episodes instead of one.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #160
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
So if Raphael remained mind controlled for 5 episodes, would it make any difference? Most likely Raph would remain Shredder's bland clone obeying his every whim, and the outcome would have been the same as this episode with Leo snapping him out of it. It just would have been dragged out over 5 episodes instead of one.
They could've done so much more with this for reasons other people stated. Stop being so close-minded.