The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #21
Venom
Space Knight

I had ooze several times as a kid, even the purple type a couple times. I even have a couple different versions of the little turtle, but I never found a little rat.

Anyway, back on topic, my ooze always molded after a couple of weeks and I had to throw it away. The substance would always form a giant layer of mold like cottage cheese does and would basically dry up any remaining ooze.

Is the new ooze of the same consistency as the retro ooze?
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #22
Triglyph
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_CJJ View Post
I'm going to put it in my sewer spittin' turtles.
I wouldn't do that-it could probably still dry out and it would screw up the figures. I've seen old toys (masters of the universe) that were well played with that would have dried up slime all over them...definitely not good stuff for collectibles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_CJJ View Post
So it should be more like the 4kids ooze?
I am going to say "probably", but I haven't handled any of the contemporary stuff. I assume its more health friendly now, but it can't be too far off from what the old stuff was. I never got any of the mutating figures at retail-only picked them up on ebay, and I didn't get any ooze.
Triglyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triglyph View Post
I wouldn't do that-it could probably still dry out and it would screw up the figures. I've seen old toys (masters of the universe) that were well played with that would have dried up slime all over them...definitely not good stuff for collectibles.
Well, I have a bunch of them loose, so it doesn't really matter. Anyway, I plan on rinsing them out afterwards just in case.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:12 AM   #24
darklight
Mouser

never new he-man uses it
darklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #25
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklight View Post
never new he-man uses it
It's used with the Horde's slime pit playset.

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1455

Poor Beast Man, he always cops it!

EDIT: And on the topic of contemporary ooze and to throw in a pointless bit of info, they changed the mix very early on.... the first batch that came out were the ones that included the little articulated baby turtle. I don't think this appeared in the States.

The first batch was lighter green and a lot runnier... it held together really well. The second batch came out the same time as the mutating figures and was a darker green as seen in the link below and a lot chunkier. It fell apart in my experience more than it oozed... not sure what consistency the original vintage ooze was supposed to have as I never owned a can.

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/24-t...iner-figurine/

Last edited by JaffleMan; 08-20-2011 at 01:25 AM.
JaffleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #26
Will not be censored

No, they never appeared in the states. I wish I had left mine sealed-- probably would be worth a fortune by now.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 08-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #27
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***CJJ*** View Post
The part about how they are extremely pricey. My mom wouldn't buy me ooze when I was a kid because she thought that $3.00 was too much for a can of goo. Now you can't get one for less than $20 if it's still sealed and still has the labels.
It was £1.29 a can here. My mum hated the stuff and refused to buy me any, so I tore apart the house looking for loose change... Got home, opened it up, dropped it on the carpet. Lasted less than 5 minutes.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #28
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

My ooze never got moldy. mine would always just accumulate little pieces of carpet fiber and hair after time passed and got increasingly disgusting. I always had to throw it out after a while. i dont know how i ever got my mom to go for it while i had a carpeted room.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #29
TMNT82
Thug

I have a few of those as well. They are still sealed but I don't know what they look like at this point. Anyone actually open one of these up recently? I know they can cost a pretty penny now a days considering its just old ooze
TMNT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #30
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No, they never appeared in the states. I wish I had left mine sealed-- probably would be worth a fortune by now.
If you're talking about the ooze that was released in Europe but not in the States, then I have a canister. I wish I had bought more, but I e-mailed the TMNT website before I left Athens and asked if the stuff would be released Stateside. Dan said it would, but it never came to be. I just had SO much stuff crammed into my bags, including some fine bootleg TMNT figures, that I wanted to avoid carrying more ooze if I could. Ah, well. C'est la vie.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #31
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
If you're talking about the ooze that was released in Europe but not in the States, then I have a canister. I wish I had bought more, but I e-mailed the TMNT website before I left Athens and asked if the stuff would be released Stateside. Dan said it would, but it never came to be. I just had SO much stuff crammed into my bags, including some fine bootleg TMNT figures, that I wanted to avoid carrying more ooze if I could. Ah, well. C'est la vie.
I am, but I am talking about 2003 ooze, the one with the articulated baby turtle. I think in Australia they were released with the name of the turtle inside on the cannister, whereas in Britain and several other countries it was a surprise.
Quote:

Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #32
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I am, but I am talking about 2003 ooze, the one with the articulated baby turtle. I think in Australia they were released with the name of the turtle inside on the cannister, whereas in Britain and several other countries it was a surprise.
Yes, and I'm talking about the same one. I have a Leonardo canister; I would have bought the whole set but, like I said, I wanted to leave room in my bags for other stuff. I bought my ooze in Athens at a toy store called Jumbo.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #33
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
i'd love to get some more cans of 2K3 Ooze

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #34
TMNT82
Thug

Is this the same ooze that came with the mutations or the Toysrus Easter egg bundle?
TMNT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #35
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

I actually have all the ingredients to make this. I had bought the guar gum a while back to cook with, I ordered it from ebay.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #36
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

Edit: I just checked Triglyph's link-- the ooze that I have (and it was sealed when I bought it) was almost like liquid water. Is that how it's supposed to be? Is the new ooze Playmates puts out made of something different?[/QUOTE]

My ooze is like that to I have a original canister that I just got off ebay last week. Payed 99 cents for it I think i got a steal. The title had ninja and turtles spelled wrong so I think thats why no one else bid on it. There was the ooze plus a turtles dragster toy in the auction.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #37
Powder
So tired of this place

Playmates didn't just slip up like that, pretty sure you bought bootleg Ooze.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #38
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

No I just think its that way from being so old.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #39
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Not sure where else to post this question, so I'll just post it here.

What would be the best thing to use as retromutagen ooze for the Flushomatic playset or the Retro-catapult? Is there any kind of green slime sold in stores today that would work? Wondering if anyone knows, thanks!

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #40
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
Not sure where else to post this question, so I'll just post it here.

What would be the best thing to use as retromutagen ooze for the Flushomatic playset or the Retro-catapult? Is there any kind of green slime sold in stores today that would work? Wondering if anyone knows, thanks!
Flush-o-matic. The Retro-Catapault didnt work at all. I think the green slime in stores would work. Maybe it would be a little faster than the retromutagen.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote