The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #2281
thefont9
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Aberdeen, SD
Posts: 24
I personally think $100 is a steal. I think if the MSRP was 200, I would feel like that is totally reasonable. Just my own opinion.

Sometimes I look at my collection and play a game, "If I had no part with stuff, what would be the order?" Currently the Neca Henson turtles are the things I would least be willing to let go. Some of that is that they are still new, but otherwise they are just true pieces of artwork. Even my wife likes them and she's not exactly a huge fan of my TMNT collection.
thefont9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #2282
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior
 
Monte Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefont9 View Post
I personally think $100 is a steal. I think if the MSRP was 200, I would feel like that is totally reasonable.
Agreed. I will probably part with mine someday, 'cause eventually I part with everything. But these are probably the greatest value in the history of my toy hobby.
Monte Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #2283
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior
 
Lil Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
Agreed. I will probably part with mine someday, 'cause eventually I part with everything. But these are probably the greatest value in the history of my toy hobby.
Ditto here.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:16 PM   #2284
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,561
These are extremely cool!!! But $200 is out of my range. I think the lower $100 side was priced perfect. It would be $800 for all four if NECA had priced them at $200 each. I would have bought zero because it's all or none for me. But $400 over a ten month period is just about right. I think NECA knows the market and priced accordingly.

I do understand another way for people to praise these figures is to say that they would pay a great deal more. But don't be giving any NECA lurkers any ideas, $100 is just fine.

Although I did shell out $200 for the 2017 SDCC set. That's a different story altogether though.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 07-17-2017 at 12:21 AM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:19 AM   #2285
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist
 
Dane E5R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 1,563
Got my Don from Coro yesterday. Ordered Friday, shipped Friday, was in my hands by Monday. EXCELLENT customer service, I can't recommend ordering from that dude enough.

Now that I have all 3 that have been released thus far, this wait until September for Mike is gonna be excruciating.

I WANT THEM ALL NOW.
__________________
"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."
- Christopher Reeve
1952-2004
Dane E5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:08 AM   #2286
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
Got my Don from Coro yesterday. Ordered Friday, shipped Friday, was in my hands by Monday. EXCELLENT customer service, I can't recommend ordering from that dude enough.

Now that I have all 3 that have been released thus far, this wait until September for Mike is gonna be excruciating.

I WANT THEM ALL NOW.
Glad it got there fast! We aim to please!
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #2287
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,086
Do you know when/if you will be able to re-stock Mike?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #2288
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,561
When are we expecting Mikey to ship? At first I read September. Now I am reading not until after October 30th, so practically November. That's almost a full year since I first received Don. I suppose not to shabby but would like Mikey sooner than later.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #2289
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Do you know when/if you will be able to re-stock Mike?
I am on a "wait list" at NECA for 2 cases of each turtle. I do not expect to get more, but will be happy if I do. I guess this means someone would have to cancel theirs for mine to ship? Seems slim to none to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
When are we expecting Mikey to ship? At first I read September. Now I am reading not until after October 30th, so practically November. That's almost a full year since I first received Don. I suppose not to shabby but would like Mikey sooner than later.
Where are you getting these dates? From what I understand nothing has changed.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:23 AM   #2290
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,561
I can't remember when or what location I first read September. Perhaps in this thread awhile ago. September was just what I have always thought.

Calendars.com reports shipping after 10/30/2017.

What date do you have?

EE has September but when have they ever been accurate?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #2291
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I can't remember when or what location I first read September. Perhaps in this thread awhile ago. September was just what I have always thought.

Calendars.com reports shipping after 10/30/2017.

What date do you have?

EE has September but when have they ever been accurate?
I wouldn't go around saying there are delays and claiming November if you dont have a reliable source then. This is how rumors get started haha
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:51 AM   #2292
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
I wouldn't go around saying there are delays and claiming November if you dont have a reliable source then. This is how rumors get started haha
That's why I asked for a clarification in my original post because of the conflicting reports between EE and Calendars. I'm not claiming anything. Never used the word delay either. After 10/30 is virtually November. Again, that's why in my original post I was asking when are we expecting Mikey to ship. What date do you have?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #2293
Vegita-San
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,838
mods, if there is a topic f or these guys, please move. my searching skills suck.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #2294
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,826
Ya there was a thread devoted to the Prime One statues
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #2295
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist
 
Dane E5R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
mods, if there is a topic f or these guys, please move. my searching skills suck.
https://scontent.fewr1-4.fna.fbcdn.n...07&oe=59F09A2F
When these were revealed, I was stoked. But that price tag was very unattractive. So glad NECA came out with an alternative; and as nice as these are, in my opinion, NECA puts them to shame.
__________________
"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."
- Christopher Reeve
1952-2004
Dane E5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:49 PM   #2296
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
When these were revealed, I was stoked. But that price tag was very unattractive. So glad NECA came out with an alternative; and as nice as these are, in my opinion, NECA puts them to shame.
1000% agree. I dont like the head sculpts of those statues and the price point was a little silly. I went with the Sideshow statues to scratch that itch. NECA is where the movie figs are at.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:02 AM   #2297
LeoRaDoMic
Foot Soldier
 
LeoRaDoMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 140
Baby Turtles! And I'm loving the pizza box.

Ridicolous if they bring out another Raphael just for the accessoires....

https://youtu.be/HlhAxagyQm0

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 07-20-2017 at 04:23 AM.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #2298
I Crave Pizza No More
Stone Warrior
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
Agreed. I will probably part with mine someday, 'cause eventually I part with everything. But these are probably the greatest value in the history of my toy hobby.
Greatest $100 value in toy history? How about those Playmates cold cast statues from the early 2000s. And those I'm never parting with.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #2299
mikezilla2
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 94
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Ya there was a thread devoted to the Prime One statues
the faces look off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
1000% agree. I dont like the head sculpts of those statues and the price point was a little silly. I went with the Sideshow statues to scratch that itch. NECA is where the movie figs are at.
what Were they ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Ya there was a thread devoted to the Prime One statues
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Greatest $100 value in toy history? How about those Playmates cold cast statues from the early 2000s. And those I'm never parting with.

What did they look like ?




also anything else besides the baby turtles from SDCC ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:06 AM   #2300
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
the faces look off



what Were they ?







What did they look like ?




also anything else besides the baby turtles from SDCC ?
I agree the faces look off on those. These are the sideshow ones I was referring to:


There is already a thread in here. Search function FTW
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.