The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you accepted the probability?
Yes 50 50.51%
No 30 30.30%
In the process of it 19 19.19%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #241
IronBoomer
Random Punk

Honestly, after Ciro lost the opportunity to wrap up Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go (Disney axed that one on a massive cliffhanger), I can see the show ending after five, and you know what?
I'm okay with that.

G1 stretched on far longer than is should have with seasons 8-10, and I'd rather not peter out on forcing it out longer than it should have, but ending on a good note.

Nick's done limited run shows before (Avatar: The Last Airbender, for example) and those shows are better for it. Let this cartoon end, a few years pass and then we can catch up with the boys in their late 20s/early 30s having to be adults and dealing with a different world.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #242
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I hope they wrap up the Mutagen Man with Season 5, For too long we been wondering what happened to him, hope by the end of Season 5, Donnie finds a way to change him back to a human.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:01 PM   #243
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I hope they wrap up the Mutagen Man with Season 5, For too long we been wondering what happened to him, hope by the end of Season 5, Donnie finds a way to change him back to a human.
I hope there's at least a throwaway line mentioning him but that might be too much to ask for this show.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #244
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
That too bad. If it ends on season 5 it will be the least succesful tmnt show. Less episdoes than 1987 AND 2003 show?! I want to know what the reason that they want to end it so soon. Unless they are planning to make another new one in less than a year there is no reason to end it so soon.
I take it you got this from Cubed...
Old 11-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #245
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I hope there's at least a throwaway line mentioning him but that might be too much to ask for this show.
And what makes you think that?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:50 PM   #246
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And what makes you think that?
They did mention Mutagen Man when they were trying to help April fight Za-Noran.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #247
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
They did mention Mutagen Man when they were trying to help April fight Za-Noran.
Which is exactly my point.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:54 PM   #248
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The show still has lots of plot amnesia. And it'll continue to do so as long as they follow a 'if the episode isn't centered around someone they'll just vanish inexplicably even though they should still be there' mentality. Like Shinigami in the recent episodes.

I do like that they at least had Rahzar see his own cartoon show and remember who he was. That's something.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #249
CyberCubed
Overlord

There is no plot amnesia.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:05 PM   #250
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Are you Ciro Nieli or something?

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #251
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #252
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Oh yeah, there's heaping helpings of it, like ignoring April's dad unless the plot called for it, just dropping and forgetting about finding the Mutagen bottles like 3 episodes in, them not even recognizing chrome dome as a Chris Bradford clone and so forth. They're not gonna cure Mutagen Man unless he gets his own episode in season 5.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #253
ToTheNines
[sic]

Newtralizer.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:32 PM   #254
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Oh yeah, there's heaping helpings of it.
Loosing battle trying to convince people of this at this point. just going over the same facts over and over again .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #255
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Oh yeah, there's heaping helpings of it, like ignoring April's dad unless the plot called for it, just dropping and forgetting about finding the Mutagen bottles like 3 episodes in, them not even recognizing chrome dome as a Chris Bradford clone and so forth. They're not gonna cure Mutagen Man unless he gets his own episode in season 5.
What on earth are you talking about? The Turtles would never be able to find hundreds of mutagen canisters scattered throughout NY. That was likely only done to explain the new mutants popping up all over the city, which they did with the Squirrelnoids, Sir Malachi, the fungus mutant, and several of the others.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #256
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Loosing battle trying to convince people of this at this point. just going over the same facts over and over again .
Those are the most common examples and are too late to fix now. I haven't seen enough of the later seasons to see what screw ups they might have had.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #257
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Just a thought, but it kind of makes a little bit of sense that they would end on this season. If we assume that each season is a year in the Turtles lives, they would be 20years old right? Technically not teenagers anymore. Perhaps the season will end with someone acknowledging that.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #258
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Those are the most common examples and are too late to fix now. I haven't seen enough of the later seasons to see what screw ups they might have had.
So you're saying you haven't watched the show since Season 2, and you're talking about what the writers are doing? What the?
Old 11-28-2016, 12:28 AM   #259
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I doubt his show will have the post-following as the 2003 series though. People were still talking about that series 3 years after it ended.
I think it's too early to tell what kind of legacy TMNT 2012 will have, but I have gathered that it's made more impact while running than TMNT 2003 did.

But, did the 2003 show have a substantial post-following, though? It hasn't really carried on the way things like Star Trek: TOS or Firefly did, and, while some things it did have carried on, it's not really had the same level of impact that the other shows have had, nor does there seem to be the same fanbase for it that the others have.

(I know that there is a following here who complain about the lack of DVD releases for 2003, but given what I know of the show's reception, I'm not sure there's the market for it that the fanbase believes exists).

Quote:
Umm, there has been some plot holes and dropped ideas along the lines. For example, the early seasons established that the Kraang needed April in order to mutate Earth, but changed why (the first explanation was that they needed her hooked up to a machine because the needed her mind, or something, then later, they needed her DNA to perfect the mutagen). Then, suddenly, by the end of season two, the Kraang managed to finish the mutagen without April or her DNA, with no explanation as to why the didn't need her.

Others on the thread have pointed out that Mutagen Man mostly vanished from the show after he was frozen. Now, a few offhand comments and scenes do establish that he's in the lab, but the plot idea that he could've helped with creating retromutagen was forgotten right after it was dropped.

The find the mutagen plot early in season two fizzled out with no clear resolution. Spider Bytez, Snakeweed, and Neutralizer were very underused. Karai's mutation (why retromutagen didn't work and how Stockman stabilized her) were not explained at all.

If you want a really silly example, in season one's "Parasitica," the Turtles get and keep a working centrifuge from a Kraang lab, but later, in "Mikey Gets Shellacne," the Turtles have never had a centrifuge and need to find one.

Look, TMNT 2012 is my favorite of all the franchise's incarnations, but it has had it's weak spots and stuff that was abandoned.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:53 AM   #260
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
But, did the 2003 show have a substantial post-following, though? It hasn't really carried on the way things like Star Trek: TOS or Firefly did, and, while some things it did have carried on, it's not really had the same level of impact that the other shows have had, nor does there seem to be the same fanbase for it that the others have.

(I know that there is a following here who complain about the lack of DVD releases for 2003, but given what I know of the show's reception, I'm not sure there's the market for it that the fanbase believes exists).
You mean the fact that people still watch and talk about it to this day? What kind of "fanbase" are you talking about when most hardcore TMNT fans liked and followed the show?

Tags
cybercucked, you're all to blame!