The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2018, 12:03 AM   #301
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Every TMNT fighter had some out-there choices for characters, though. Like okay, Hothead had a figure, but the SNES and Genesis Tournament Fighters had Karai, who pretty much nobody outside of Mirageheads knew at the time and was still super new to the comic anyway; Aska, who apparently started out as Mitsu from TMNTIII; War wasn't all that well-known either at the time. And of course, Sisyphus who as far as anyone can tell was made up for the game.

Then there was Mutant Melee with Sleeg and the monster from a movie that Michelangelo watched. Yeah...

And of course Smash-Up with an Utrominator. I'd also kind of argue Fugitoid since even though he's not obscure nobody would expect him to be on a damn fighting game roster. And y'know, Rabbids.
Okay but we are talking about a modern Triple A title, a title that has fair budget to it.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:05 AM   #302
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Okay but we are talking about a modern Triple A title, a title that has fair budget to it.
And with the fact that NetherRealm pulls out unexpected characters all the time, you don't think they wouldn't here?
Old 02-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #303
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I don't really count Karai as iconic, I might give you Bebop and Rocksteady but that like 10 characters
True. But like I said, those are the base, just like you know Injustice simply must have Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. After that you can easily go wild with people like Slash. Leatherhead. Rat King, Armaggon, and whoever else they want thrown in there to make it 25 or so. Hell throw in Bishop and Sh'Konabo if they can. Go nuts.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #304
CyberCubed
Overlord

Karai is pretty mainstream now. We're not in 1993 anymore when she was just in Mirage and a SNES videogame.

She's now been in two long lasting cartoons (4kids and Nick), she was in the 2007 movie, and the two Platinum Dunes movies, she's a major part of the IDW series and has been in it since the beginning, etc. Hell I'd even say Hun and Bishop are now getting there too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #305
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Karai is pretty mainstream now. We're not in 1993 anymore when she was just in Mirage and a SNES videogame.

She's now been in two long lasting cartoons (4kids and Nick)
Yeah but barely anyone remebers the 4kids version, I give you the Nick incarnation.

Quote:
she was in the 2007 movie, and the two Platinum Dunes movies, she's a major part of the IDW series and has been in it since the beginning, etc. Hell I'd even say Hun and Bishop are now getting there too.
You mean the movie no one remembers or the movie where she was generic ninja girl number 5. Hun not really the nick incarnation appeared in 6 episodes at most Bishop maybe.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #306
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah but barely anyone remebers the 4kids version, I give you the Nick incarnation..
The 4kids show had the same ratings as the Nick one when it originally aired back in 2003-2006 mainly, with the ratings in 2007-2009 being a bit lower, and then Cartoon Network used to air reruns of Seasons 1-3 weekdays on Miguzi at 5pm.

The show had an extensive toyline and videogame series on PS2/Gamecube/Xbox, and the whole show has been up on youtube for new people to watch since 2012.

It's not anywhere as obscure as people make it out to be, the show literally lasted 7 seasons and made 156 episodes...it's one of the longest running TMNT series.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #307
Coola Yagami
Overlord

But that's the deal, Konami had the balls to grab Karai, War and Armaggon even if the general public didn't know about them.

Give Netherrealm that same reign and create MK versions of whichever character they want, from any series or comic.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #308
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The 4kids show had the same ratings as the Nick one when it originally aired back in 2003-2006 mainly, with the ratings in 2007-2009 being a bit lower, and then Cartoon Network used to air reruns of Seasons 1-3 weekdays on Miguzi at 5pm.
Where, give me a citation for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
But that's the deal, Konami had the balls to grab Karai, War and Armaggon even if the general public didn't know about them.

Give Netherrealm that same reign and create MK versions of whichever character they want, from any series or comic.
But here is the thing that was the nineties where TMNT were still popular(maybe not in their prime but still popular) and games back then were cheaper to make compared to now. I'm not saying nobody will by a Netherelms TMNT game but I don't see them making their money back or at least making the expected profit

Last edited by PApagreg; 02-10-2018 at 04:21 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #309
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Where, give me a citation for that.
Do you mean ratings? They had them over at toonzone back in the day, I don't know if they still exist. Or if you mean it aired on CN, it was definitely part of their Miguzi block on weekdays back in the early/mid 2000's. I think they only aired Seasons 1-3 though, maybe Season 4 but they never aired the whole series.

I wish there was a site that kept the ratings of all old shows archives, I don't know if there is one?
Old 02-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #310
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

I don't think anyone would skip out on a tmnt fighting game just because they don't recognize some of the fighters in it.the important things would be game machanics and how well it plays.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #311
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

here is the Arcade ending for the TMNT

Old 02-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #312
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nice they used the IDW designs for Shredder and Krang. Looks like those are becoming the definitive designs for videogames like Mutants in Manhattan, because they're a nice middle place between the cartoons and Mirage.

Imagine if we got a full TMNT fighter with these designs.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #313
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Now I wish Kraang and Shredder are playable. XD
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #314
AquaParade
Banned

I could honestly this studio making a TMNT game if this sells well enough.

Not saying it's going to happen, just that money talks and we've already seen them develop fighting games for licensed properties.

I love fighting games and I'd be super excited if this were to happen, but I'd rather see something done in a different genre for the turtles.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #315
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I could honestly this studio making a TMNT game if this sells well enough.

Not saying it's going to happen, just that money talks and we've already seen them develop fighting games for licensed properties.

I love fighting games and I'd be super excited if this were to happen, but I'd rather see something done in a different genre for the turtles.
Netherrealm studios is owned by WB games, I'm not sure how likely it is for them to make a licensed fighter completely on its own. Probably the only reason the TMNT are in this is because the DC/IDW TMNT crossovers sold so well.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #316
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Netherrealm studios is owned by WB games, I'm not sure how likely it is for them to make a licensed fighter completely on its own. Probably the only reason the TMNT are in this is because the DC/IDW TMNT crossovers sold so well.
I see. That is a pretty good reason for it not to happen. But if they've already agreed to this deal, then it may be true that a lot of the dirty work has already been done, contractually.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #317
Sumac
Banned

Shaders demonstration.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #318
Ninjinister
無問題

Man, the Turtles' tutorial is lousy with typos. Incomming? Leonard? Pokey Dokey vs. Poley Dokey?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #319
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Spoiler:

Turtles in multiverse outfits.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #320
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:

That means nothing, that didn't stop them from making the LEGO games, centered around properties own by the likes of Disney, some of those from Marvel, the biggest rivals of DC.

Tags
injustice 2, peanut