The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #1461
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I'm almost positive that both Raph and Don had the same body sculpt even in the film...as did Mike and Leo, but Leo was just much shorter than everyone else.
Each actor in the original films had their body cast and their suits were sculpted specifically for them. Each suit was unique. Also, Leonardo wasn't the shortest. Michelangelo was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NinjaTurtles20142_zps2d038787.jpg (64.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 03-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #1462
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Oh god, yeah I meant to type that Mikey was the shorter...whoops.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #1463
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
BBTS has Donnie in stock right now for those still looking for him!
Dang, I wish I wouldn't have ordered from Kirin hobby because I've yet to receive any update from them. Still waiting for Raph from BBTS but I trust BBTS more.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:11 PM   #1464
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Maybe this is a dumb question. I'm going to ask anyway. Why does it seem to take so long some places to get these in?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #1465
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Maybe this is a dumb question. I'm going to ask anyway. Why does it seem to take so long some places to get these in?
Depends how each shop is getting their stock... and where they are, I believe.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #1466
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Depends how each shop is getting their stock... and where they are, I believe.

Long explanation coming from a retailer for you:

I can only speak for myself, but I ordered from NECA as soon as they made the announcement. Their primary distribution center is in CA/Seattle area. (They may have other distribution centers but thats where my orders have came from). Since I am in the midwest, i got my orders about 5 days after their eBay page for Raph went up. I had my shipping notifications about a week earlier than that. (scroll through past pages and you can see my exact timelines for getting these from NECA directly).

Once they came in, I filled all my orders within the same day they got here and mailed them next day, and my customers got them about 3 days after I had them in hand, which is probably as fast as any retail company can hope for outside of NECA themselves.....now...

Here is the difference between me and EE/BBTS/etc:

I am a small operation, literally 1 guy and my wife and kid help out some time. My order quantities are low, 4 units for Donny/Raph and 8 units each for Leo/Mikey. I typically will get about 15 orders per day across SpaceMonkeyToys.com/Amazon/eBay. This is pretty low sales volume- I dont have a backlog so I can ship pretty fast.

Then I think the biggest killer of them all on these: NECA themselves. When NECA releases solicitations to retailers like me, i place an order immediately. I dont have a purchasing or procurement department, for example, like I am sure BBTS and EE have. On top of that, once you make your initial orders with NECA....they sell once then thats it. Which means I cant get anymore Donny or Raph for you guys right now. I can put in an order, but there is no gurantee that NECA will produce more for second shipment. If you didnt accurately predict the popularity on these, then you as a retailer are holding backorders. Which is why you are seeing shipping dates bump constantly to see if NECA will make more or resupply them.

Long explanation, sorry. I hope this gives you some insight to the retailer process though. This is 1/2 the reason I started the toy store- to learn this kind of crap. I have learned way more doing it this way than with my MBA degree.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #1467
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Long explanation coming from a retailer for you:

I can only speak for myself, but I ordered from NECA as soon as they made the announcement. Their primary distribution center is in CA/Seattle area. (They may have other distribution centers but thats where my orders have came from). Since I am in the midwest, i got my orders about 5 days after their eBay page for Raph went up. I had my shipping notifications about a week earlier than that. (scroll through past pages and you can see my exact timelines for getting these from NECA directly).

Once they came in, I filled all my orders within the same day they got here and mailed them next day, and my customers got them about 3 days after I had them in hand, which is probably as fast as any retail company can hope for outside of NECA themselves.....now...

Here is the difference between me and EE/BBTS/etc:

I am a small operation, literally 1 guy and my wife and kid help out some time. My order quantities are low, 4 units for Donny/Raph and 8 units each for Leo/Mikey. I typically will get about 15 orders per day across SpaceMonkeyToys.com/Amazon/eBay. This is pretty low sales volume- I dont have a backlog so I can ship pretty fast.

Then I think the biggest killer of them all on these: NECA themselves. When NECA releases solicitations to retailers like me, i place an order immediately. I dont have a purchasing or procurement department, for example, like I am sure BBTS and EE have. On top of that, once you make your initial orders with NECA....they sell once then thats it. Which means I cant get anymore Donny or Raph for you guys right now. I can put in an order, but there is no gurantee that NECA will produce more for second shipment. If you didnt accurately predict the popularity on these, then you as a retailer are holding backorders. Which is why you are seeing shipping dates bump constantly to see if NECA will make more or resupply them.

Long explanation, sorry. I hope this gives you some insight to the retailer process though. This is 1/2 the reason I started the toy store- to learn this kind of crap. I have learned way more doing it this way than with my MBA degree.
My shop ordered/preordered mikey for me, but through diamond.... and the mousers. Any idea if those orders will actually get filled? If not, I don't want to wait for a refund sometime next year...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #1468
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsy333 View Post
Got my Raph from Coro today, such a smooth transaction. Thanks so much, man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
My shop ordered/preordered mikey for me, but through diamond.... and the mousers. Any idea if those orders will actually get filled? If not, I don't want to wait for a refund sometime next year...
So in that case...they go from China>NECA>Diamond>Comic chain>single comic shop. I could see this taking an additional 30-45 days.

The Mousers would be China>MONDO or EE/ then Diamond>Comic chain>single comic shop

Old 03-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #1469
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Question. I "pre-ordered" Donatello as well as Raphael and Leonardo the other day from EE. They are all on backorder and Don's and Raph's estimated ship dates are "March 2017."

Since Don has been out this long already, is EE just waiting for them to produce a new batch? If he's available for pre-order there does that mean they've confirmed NECA will indeed send more?

Much appreciated, I just want them all!

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #1470
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Question. I "pre-ordered" Donatello as well as Raphael and Leonardo the other day from EE. They are all on backorder and Don's and Raph's estimated ship dates are "March 2017."

Since Don has been out this long already, is EE just waiting for them to produce a new batch? If he's available for pre-order there does that mean they've confirmed NECA will indeed send more?

Much appreciated, I just want them all!
I dont have an answer for you on that one, sorry. I am not an ALL KNOWING retailer, just a retailer that knows my situation. I have gotten pretty decent at getting as close to the source as possible in order realize the best margins I can. I am close to getting my company in the black and I have only been operating for just under 22 months.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #1471
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Sorry, that question was for everyone with more experience in ordering, not just you.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #1472
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Coro, do you charge the full 130 per figure?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #1473
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
Coro, do you charge the full 130 per figure?
Mine are always 100+shipping. Shipping has been as low as 12 and as high as 60

Old 03-07-2017, 10:07 PM   #1474
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Mine are always 100+shipping. Shipping has been as low as 12 and as high as 60
When you take orders for Mikey, please let me know.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #1475
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Thumbs up

Coro thanks for that detailed post im nether a retailer nor somone that it might apply to but i found it informtive and intresting

Cheers for sharing
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #1476
Meow
Stone Warrior

Oh hell wow! I received my Don today This "thing" is not only HUGE but also so extremely impressing. I could not convince myself yet to remove him from his box though but boy was I trying to touch him all over already

This is by far one of the most impressive things I have ever gotten to see, simply amazing! Can't wait for the other turtles, absolute must have for any 90ies-movie fan!

Here are some pics

Last edited by Meow; 03-08-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #1477
deadsy333
Foot Soldier

Anyone with solid tips of how to get these guys not to fall over. I get them standing on a flat surface, and eventually I hear a loud thud. Only to return to the scene of the crime and they are in the floor.
deadsy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:01 PM   #1478
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Anyone with solid tips of how to get these guys not to fall over. I get them standing on a flat surface, and eventually I hear a loud thud. Only to return to the scene of the crime and they are in the floor.
This happened to me last night. Fortunately I have my collection in display in the PC room, so I managed to ninja jump ala goalkeeper and save my Donnie from hitting the floor.
Hurt my shoulder in the save, but figure remained intact.
It is true their feet are not the very best, but if you take your time to pose them correctly this shouldn't happen. Mine doesn't swing anymore.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #1479
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Get some doll stands
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #1480
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Thanks everyone who answered my last question. Coro as always you are great.

My Donnie kept doing nose dives. Thankfully it is in a carpeted room. I kept messing with it and finally got it to stay. I found I have to get the weight focused backward. Adjusted the knees and feet for this mostly. He stays now by himself. I also pose him holding his staff like a walking stick. It helps make sure he doesn't list forward again.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote