Old 06-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #21
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Kevin Eastman
@kevineastman86
THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. We have spoken with the powers that be, Nickelodeon and this is 100 % fake. Would be cool - but NOT happening Thumbs upFace with medical maskSlice of pizza
Old 06-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Straight from the source then, thanks for catching that and sharing, both of you.

Rumor mill types should be banned from the internet... >.>

Though it was nice to have something to talk about for a minute.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:57 PM   #23
Vicky82
Emperor

I was looking at replies on Kevin Eastman tweet about this live action show being fake and the person who posted the original article has asked him to follow her so she could talk to him privately.

https://twitter.com/Vullein/status/1...454231046?s=20

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Probably some wannabe who doesn't like his rumor already being debunked. Because if it was real and some big secret, then why should an outsider "news" writer like him even be in on it, esp when he doesn't even cite an anonymous source with a company.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:06 PM   #25
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
It's BS per Eastman on Twitter.
Yeah Kevin Eastman has debunked it.
https://twitter.com/kevineastman86/s...67128932024320
Old 06-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #26
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Regarding to film, TV, and streaming news, I would follow Variety or The Hollywood Reporter. If it's legit, they'll usually report it.

If the only obscure sites are posting it, it's probably B.S.

If We Got This Covered is reporting, it's definitely B.S.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #27
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Typical of Eastman to be such a LAMER, clearly he doesn't work with the turtles, he sold them to Laird and this twitter user clearly knows something, which is why they're doing damage control, it's basically confirmed with all the damage control they're doing #teamreal #moreOT #readyforthenewnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Twilight Zone reboot.
I was wondering about that, is it really that bad?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:40 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I was wondering about that, is it really that bad?
I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't make it more than 3 episodes in. Every episode is jam-packed full of SJW talking points. Like, those are the twists.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:06 PM   #29
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well the original show was about making points in society so it's not like it's totally out there? I'll check it out, love the original show, have never seen any of the remakes I was wary of this new version because 40 minutes is too long for the Twilight Zone, those episodes were usually the poorest.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:13 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well the original show was about making points in society so it's not like it's totally out there?
It's nothing like the original show, which I'd watched on Netflix beforehand to get myself in the mood. All of those were awesome. While there was plenty of commentary to be found in those, it was done cleverly and in service of great stories.

Like, one episode of the new one is specifically all about white privilege and guilt. Another episode is all about systemic racism. And so on.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:05 PM   #31
Shinigami
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah Kevin Eastman has debunked it.
https://twitter.com/kevineastman86/s...67128932024320
It was fun to imagine while it lasted
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:30 AM   #32
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't make it more than 3 episodes in. Every episode is jam-packed full of SJW talking points. Like, those are the twists.
The original Twilight Zone commented on the politics of its era.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:35 AM   #33
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I always liked that KKK segment in the Twilight Zone movie. Super creepy.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:44 AM   #34
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I always liked that KKK segment in the Twilight Zone movie. Super creepy.
That one is still relevant. There's also a really great 4th season episode starring Dennis Hopper, in which he plays a rising fascist, that I'd argue still hits home to this day.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

This was so dumb, the fact that anyone needed Eastman to debunk this makes me weep for our generation.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:48 AM   #36
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
This was so dumb, the fact that anyone needed Eastman to debunk this makes me weep for our generation.
I feel like crazier things happen all the time.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:25 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
But those politics were real.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #38
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
But those politics were real.
These politics are real too. Just because you don't care about or identify with such movements doesn't mean they don't exist/matter.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:44 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
These politics are real too. Just because you don't care about or identify with such movements doesn't mean they don't exist/matter.
Well, let's look at a random sampling of Twilight Zone episodes from the original series.

The one from a later season about a couple that drunk-drives and ends up kidnapped by giant aliens and put in a fake town. Sure there's a message about drunk driving = bad in there, but it doesn't permeate the whole thing. And drunk driving isn't political. It's just something that 99% of people can agree is bad.

Another one, (and this kind of had to have influenced the Battlestar Galactica reboot) a human from a world on the brink of atomic bombing itself to rubble (it does, halfway into the episode) crash-lands on a planet and meets an alien women who also crash-landed there. It turns out the planet they're on is Earth and they're Adam and Eve. There was some very quick "nuclear war = bad" sprinkled throughout the beginning (probably cautionarily to do with Russia, PERHAPS) but also, this hardly permeated the episode.

A better example and indicative of probably the majority of the episodes, the one where the guy comes to a town in a carriage and claims to have the power to resurrect the dead. He claims to have done so... but everyone ends up paying him a whole lot of money to UNDO the resurrections because they don't actually want their loved ones back. Seems fairly non-politlcal to me and more a dark message about humanity itself.

The one with the pitchman who beats the Grim Reaper and sacrifices himself to save the little girl in the end? Where is the politics at all in this one?

Again, vs. CBS On Demand Twilight Zone. Where the politics are front and center, in every atom and fiber of every episode, and all very angrily from one side of the aisle. Though I've been told that that was due to the showrunner really pushing that in season 1 and that the season 2 showrunner isn't about that at all... so we'll see.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-26-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #40
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

When an episode ends with the characters discovering the world they inhabit was once destroyed by nuclear war -- during an era riddled with the Cuban Missile Crisis and fears of atomic wars -- I would definitely say that message permeated the episode.

Whether or not you consider a message "political" or not is irrelevant. (I'd argue a number of the new episodes are less "political" and more of "a dark message about humanity"). The fact remains, it's still a message on the human condition and the old show was as prone to dishing them out as much as the new show.

But also keep in mind, these "SJW talking points" may seem more potent and "in your face" because we're living in a time when they are most relevant/talked about, whereas a classic episode about our fears of nuclear attacks, the paranoia thereof, and other social issues that transpired in the late 50s/early 60s, may not have the same punch for those of us who didn't live them.

EDIT: I think one of the great things about the original Twilight Zone was its mission to comment on the human condition and open viewer's eyes and minds to certain fears, issues, social behaviors, etc. While I may agree the new show isn't nearly as well-written as the original series, I would say that at the very least, for the most part, it follows in the spirit of it. (Although, I haven't seen the new season yet, and the last season's finale was weird. Like, Dark Tower Book VI weird.)

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 06-26-2020 at 08:40 PM.