Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-12-2020, 06:15 AM   #41
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
He speaks for a lot of us actually.

You shill this s*it so much, I honestly think you're being paid for it.
What's with people being unable to handle pro-Rise opinions?

He's allowed to like the show and talk about it, no one forced you to enter into the Rise section in the first place.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:32 AM   #42
Leo656
The Franchise

He's allowed to like it, as is anyone, but casting aspersions and labeling anyone who doesn't like it as a "Hater" or whatever else is untoward and makes one's bias show considerably. And if a person is blatantly biased and proud of it, they're not going to enter any conversation in good faith and that's not the point of discussion. It's something that makes me decide against ever talking to certain people, because I know I'm dealing with a closed-minded individual who gets needlessly pissy and protective, and it won't be a "conversation" but rather a battle, and I'm not in the mood for it at my age.

When I say things like, "I definitely wouldn't have a conversation with This Person or That Person," and people say, "Wow, that's messed up of you," THAT is why I'm like that. I really don't give a sh*t if a person agrees with my opinions but if you're not going to at least discuss and debate in good faith then I want nothing to do with your cotton candy ass, it's that simple. Some of my best friends f*cking HATE a lot of the stuff I like, but we get along fine because we're not gonna go to war over it, but we can still talk and even debate about it while agreeing to disagree. That's a level of maturity and respect which I don't think most people on this forum are familiar with, frankly.

This thread, specifically, is speculative. "What do you think's gonna happen with _____?" Anyone can throw their two cents in, that's the entire point. SOME people speculate that the show is over with, and furthermore, that pleases them. They're allowed to say so.

This "Pro-opinions only or GTFO" stuff is garbage, and I've been saying so for almost 15 years, here. Ironically enough, if you pay close attention to certain individuals and how they post, some of them were citing this exact position when it came time to deservedly trash and burn the BayTurtles films. Some of the same people who said "This forum is NOT an echo chamber" back then, are now saying "This SECTION, at least, is an echo chamber, and if you don't like the show keep it to yourself." And it's horse sh*t and hypocrisy. "If it's something I hate, negative opinions are allowed. If it's something I LIKE, you better watch your mouth, sailor!"

You got people saying you can't criticize the FW show. You got people saying you're not allowed to criticize "Rise". Bullsh*t, all of it. As long as personal attacks aren't involved you can Like or Dislike whatever the hell you want, that's the entire point.

Some'a these people need their pussy powdered because someone likes something they don't, or vice-versa, and it's childish and tiresome. People defending f*cking cartoon shows as if they were their children. Don't be on a message board, then, go on the official FB pages where criticism absolutely isn't allowed. You'll fit in better and have a better time. I don't know what else to tell you.

Some people probably bang their preferred Opinion Drum a bit often and hard on either side. And sure, that's annoying. But it's also allowed. "Open exchange of opinions and ideas." That's the entire point of a forum.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 11:36 AM   #43
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
He's allowed to like it, as is anyone, but casting aspersions and labeling anyone who doesn't like it as a "Hater" or whatever else is untoward and makes one's bias show considerably. And if a person is blatantly biased and proud of it, they're not going to enter any conversation in good faith and that's not the point of discussion. It's something that makes me decide against ever talking to certain people, because I know I'm dealing with a closed-minded individual who gets needlessly pissy and protective, and it won't be a "conversation" but rather a battle, and I'm not in the mood for it at my age.

When I say things like, "I definitely wouldn't have a conversation with This Person or That Person," and people say, "Wow, that's messed up of you," THAT is why I'm like that. I really don't give a sh*t if a person agrees with my opinions but if you're not going to at least discuss and debate in good faith then I want nothing to do with your cotton candy ass, it's that simple. Some of my best friends f*cking HATE a lot of the stuff I like, but we get along fine because we're not gonna go to war over it, but we can still talk and even debate about it while agreeing to disagree. That's a level of maturity and respect which I don't think most people on this forum are familiar with, frankly.

This thread, specifically, is speculative. "What do you think's gonna happen with _____?" Anyone can throw their two cents in, that's the entire point. SOME people speculate that the show is over with, and furthermore, that pleases them. They're allowed to say so.

This "Pro-opinions only or GTFO" stuff is garbage, and I've been saying so for almost 15 years, here. Ironically enough, if you pay close attention to certain individuals and how they post, some of them were citing this exact position when it came time to deservedly trash and burn the BayTurtles films. Some of the same people who said "This forum is NOT an echo chamber" back then, are now saying "This SECTION, at least, is an echo chamber, and if you don't like the show keep it to yourself." And it's horse sh*t and hypocrisy. "If it's something I hate, negative opinions are allowed. If it's something I LIKE, you better watch your mouth, sailor!"

You got people saying you can't criticize the FW show. You got people saying you're not allowed to criticize "Rise". Bullsh*t, all of it. As long as personal attacks aren't involved you can Like or Dislike whatever the hell you want, that's the entire point.

Some'a these people need their pussy powdered because someone likes something they don't, or vice-versa, and it's childish and tiresome. People defending f*cking cartoon shows as if they were their children. Don't be on a message board, then, go on the official FB pages where criticism absolutely isn't allowed. You'll fit in better and have a better time. I don't know what else to tell you.

Some people probably bang their preferred Opinion Drum a bit often and hard on either side. And sure, that's annoying. But it's also allowed. "Open exchange of opinions and ideas." That's the entire point of a forum.
In all honesty, you are completely dead on correct over here with your points, and you know we've been on the same page lately in regards to a lot of stuff such as being allowed to criticize the Fred Wolf show in order to support an open exchange of ideas and stuff like that.

That being said though, I have yet to see myself an instance of Papagreg ever getting personal with anyone over Rise, and from what I've seen from almost every Rise thread, he has offered nothing but a coherent opinion on the show, which he justifies with examples.

In return though, he has been personally attacked many, many times just for liking Rise and not in response to any bad behaviour, being repeatedly called a shill, a plant, and accused of ruining tmnt among many other things.

And from what I've seen, the people who attack Papagreg for liking Rise on these forums offer little to no criticism of Rise itself which makes for unproductive discussions (I'm not even talking about the posts in people wish that Rise would be cancelled, I disagree with that opinion and find it to be distasteful for often being off-topic in many threads, but people are allowed to say that by virtue of it being impersonal).

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-13-2020 at 12:55 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:33 PM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, I certainly haven't seen every thread and interaction so I'll take your word for it. And no, I can't say I've ever seen PA be outright rude or make attacks, but I know for a fact I've seen them make "If you don't like it you shouldn't be allowed to talk in this section/thread" kind of posts sometimes, and I don't like that from anyone. They're about as hyper-defensive of Rise as the other guy is about FW. It's nothing personal in either case and I don't wish anyone here any specific harm, by any means. It's just... these shows are not your kids, things need not be so heavy and personal.

I only get pissy when people lie about things I like, not just because they disagree with my opinions on them. I get angry at false and misleading statements, and that kind of thing I will fight to shut down. But I won't tell someone they can't talk just because their opinion conflicts with mine. A subtle distinction, perhaps, but an important one.

I do concede that I've seen some people be a bit too stiff towards PA and others who like the show, but again, I don't see everything. And I often got the impression that at least some of those people were perhaps overreacting to being told they had no right to an opinion, but perhaps didn't go into the conversation looking to stir sh*t. Maybe they did, but I don't know. I can only call what I see.

Given I can only call what I see, I see a lot of people saying "If you don't like this show, get out of the section entirely and stifle your opinions" and I simply don't agree with that. I WILL say that it's rather pointless to keep banging a drum once you've made yourself clear, and at some point a person is deliberately being contrary for the sake of it, and that's vulgar, but that's also a bit of a different story.

As for people offering "little-to-no criticism" of the show, well... I have in fact seen some people try, and they were told to keep their mouths shut for being Buzzkillers, which probably led to them doubling-down and getting so hostile about it in the first place. I was Temp-Banned when the first episode aired, so I made a FB post after watching the first episode specifically listing my own grievances with it. I was told I shouldn't care, I shouldn't even speak out loud because my opinion was ruining everyone else's good time. SO, for my part I simply don't talk about the show because A. I've only seen the one episode, and B. I was told, flat-out, that nothing I could say was worth hearing at all because "I'm a hater", thus any points I could make are invalid by default.

WHY should anyone even try to clarify or eloquently defend their position, in that kind of environment? If you can write an entire paragraph or novella, OR just say "Show sucks, I hate it," and either way, you're gonna be told to go f*ck off... why do the work? But you still deserve a voice, right?

Believe me, I could write a ton about why I feel this show is both not good (at least as a TMNT show) and also very bad for the ultimate long-term health of the brand, but I'm too old for the war I'd be starting simply for talking out loud, so I don't get involved with it. I just think the "You can't say that, I like this thing!" stuff is stupid.

As for anyone being called a "shill" or "plant", well... we've had them here. Not saying anyone is or isn't, but if you're going to put your neck out so far then you'd best be prepared for any and all things that people are gonna say about you and your opinion. That's just common sense. And yeah, I'll be honest, when I see someone fight SO hard to defend something, I have to wonder if they have any personal skin in the game, it's just my nature. So I don't find stuff like that to be unforgivable, even if it's petty and childish.

I don't know, I personally find the "If you don't like this thing, you don't get to have an opinion" stuff to be worse than anything else. I haven't seen these attacks towards pro-Rise people and such you speak of for myself so I'll take your word for it. No need to use Quotes, don't go out of your way for something so inconsequential. I'll take your word for it. But telling someone they have no right to an opinion, is worse than someone getting pissy and firing back after being told they have no right to an opinion. That's my take on it.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #45
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
He speaks for a lot of us actually.

You shill this s*it so much, I honestly think you're being paid for it.
I agree 100%
Old 05-25-2020, 10:22 PM   #46
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I'm very short sighted when it comes to Rise to be honest. I don't see the point. April already wields a bat like a maniac. So is Casey also going to be a maniac with a bat/hockey mask?

I suppose if they did like in 87 where he's this creepy Jason Vorehees/Michael Myers type dude who freaks everyone out because he never says anything and just stares menacingly, they could get some jokes out of that. But April has the entire spectrum of snarky teen human friend filled up.

So yeah. Casey Jones would have to be an unstable adult who barely knows how to socialize.

Edit: Zarious and Autbot you are both pathetic tools.

You people act like the behavior of the pro-Rise people came out of nowhere when people like you constantly come into their space to tell them they're dumb for liking this show. And then people like Leo justify it with essays about why "clapping back is wrooong waaah waaah waaaah". Dude please. How can you expect otherwise when every other response a thread in here gets is negative or hostile. Same complaints over and over since day one. If you're such an adult then let sleeping dogs lie. It would be one thing if you actually watched Rise but you don't.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 05-25-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:20 AM   #47
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Woah my response went to the entirely wrong thread. Disregard this post.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:12 AM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

People who say "Clapping Back" are the new "People Who Say 'Don't Go There'."

There's some tea for ya.