The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #8281
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Got in the mail what appears to be a small bill from VSP vision care. I've never used VSP nor ever attempted to sign up for it. Fantastic.

So I go looking online for info on medical identity theft, since that is what I'm kind of assuming, and am looking over a page via the FTC and part of it states

Quote:
If you see signs of medical identity theft, visit IdentityTheft.gov to report and recover from identity theft.
But of course when you go there...
Quote:
Due to the government shutdown, we are unable to offer this website service at this time. Information about identity theft can be found on the FTC's website at: Identity Theft | Consumer Information

We will resume normal operations when the government is funded.
Which then leads right back to the page I was already on.

So yes, if anyone ever have any doubts that people who don't work for the goverment can be affected by the shutdown, I found one of the many ways. Ugh.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-07-2019 at 01:48 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #8282
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Got home from Canada to a house full of the flu.

And the realisation that if I do decide to work there, I may have to rehome my snake
Old 01-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #8283
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

my cable Company Spectrum is having a "dick wagging contest" with Tribune regarding paying for channels. Long Story short because of this I have no access to CW and the DC Superhero shows start up next week and I am gonna have to watch them online the next day
Old 01-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #8284
Vegita-San
Emperor

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm really tired of social media.

more and more people are going into derangment syndrome. folks you'd never expect to go off the rails, go off the rails.. and it happens more and more and more.

Social media used to be a very welcome respite from a world where I didn't get much real social interaction with people my own age. but thanks to the infusion of politics into EVERYTHING, reason has gone out the window. and it's nothing but insult insult insult, under the guise of 'i'm the good guy while insulting you'.

I honestly wish I had the will power to give it all up, but after 20 years, it'd be weird to just quit message boards totally.

I've already given up FB message groups.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:58 PM   #8285
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Tablet pen keeps disappearing on me and I never know where it goes. Even when searching the places I know I've had it.

I just want to do art my computer, damn it...
Old 01-16-2019, 03:08 AM   #8286
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Autograph forgers :

Piece of the Past

Hwood Collector Show (used to be owned by PotP but sold , they are still selling fakes on ebay though. Never ever pre order from them !)

plattautographs

Walls of Fame aka entertainment-sports1967

Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; 02-07-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:33 AM   #8287
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

http://norwaytoday.info/news/kiwi-at...ist-in-norway/

These are the people we let into Europe , folks
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:12 PM   #8288
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw some person from some other country ask via a Q&A site what the goverment shutdown meant. I responded giving them the basic gist of it, that parts of it are presently shut down and some jobs effected and requiring some to currently work without pay.

So some idiot, who doesn't even bother to reply to the person, just shows up to comment to me saying:
Quote:
They are considered non-important government employees, known by most people as "free loaders".
*facedesk*

Some people in this country make it far too easy to hate fellow citizens. Which is pretty damn sad.

(At what point did we get to that people in the U.S. with employment and are willing to even keep showing up despite the lack of pay, are suddenly freeloaders?)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-20-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:54 PM   #8289
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm trying to figure out all the things I need to get a work visa in Montreal - including actually finding a job - but I have no idea what I'm doing or how I'm going to get help.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:32 AM   #8290
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Working the cash window in drive through in 28º weather. The wind blows straight into the window and in my face, with a biting cbill that makes my sinuses go crazy and my fingers numb, even with my gloves on. I hate working window in cold weather!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:26 AM   #8291
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm actually up and out in the world at a time to feel the temp.

That really sucks, at least for here (I being the one who wants to relocate to Canada and enjoyed the cold...)
Old 01-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #8292
mikey0
Foot Elite

The 1989 Mattel He-Man toy line and The New Adventures of He-Man cartoon. What a poor follow up to the 1981 Mattel Masters of the Universe line and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe series. Both the new He-Man and 30 minute program that went with it are dark spots that make people want to forget the early 1990s ever happened.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #8293
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*Looks back at last two days where she's at*

8°F Monday morning, 17° high, 40mph gusts and windchill at -13°, luckily no snow or ice, but vehicle unhappy about being asked to start up before work... And that was just in DE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I being the one who wants to relocate to Canada and enjoyed the cold...
ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

lol You are a far tougher person than I am in the face of winter, that's for sure. It's all yours.

Please let the Canadians know that some of their arctic temps have escaped across the border and please come retrieve them.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:09 PM   #8294
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
*Looks back at last two days where she's at*

8°F Monday morning, 17° high, 40mph gusts and windchill at -13°, luckily no snow or ice, but vehicle unhappy about being asked to start up before work... And that was just in DE.

ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

https://themidnightalliance.files.wo...y-confused.gif

lol You are a far tougher person than I am in the face of winter, that's for sure. It's all yours.

Please let the Canadians know that some of their arctic temps have escaped across the border and please come retrieve them.

Sounds about like our weekend was. And now again this morning. Texas is one big yo-yo when it comes to weather. Hmm.... Maybe we need a border wall up there to keep illegal temps out? Just a thought....

Old 01-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #8295
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

wow, sometimes you can't even trust family...I am really saddened to find out that my Godmother, and technically my step grandmother, has been shady and underhanded all these years and basically swindled my mom and her five sisters out of an inheritance that my maternal Grandfather set up. It is long and complicated but my Godmother is getting old and wants to sell the house everyone thought was just hers and get a smaller apartment for herself. Fair enough. Red flags went up when she had her lawyer send a document to my mom and her five sisters saying that they all had to sign something so she can sell the house. This shocked my mom and her sisters because everyone assumed that their father (my maternal grandfather) had left the house to his wife (my godmother/step grandmother) to her. But come to find out that even though she technically owns the house, in my Grandfather's will, it is stated that should she ever want to move out the house and property would be bequeathed to his six daughters (my mom and her sisters) to do with as they please.

She technically does not have the right to sell it because it is supposed to go to them if she no longer wants to live there. Everyone assumed she had the right to live and sell the house. She kept it from them that: if she wanted to leave the house that they would get it, but found out when they got the document to sign off on the house. Not only that my Godmother took out a loan against the house (without tell them) and needs to sell it to pay back the bank. She let the house get run down and did not maintain it. My mom and her sisters are upset because she did some shady things behind the scenes over twenty years ago when my Grandfather passed away to keep this knowledge from them.

I feel bad because my mom said that she always suspected that she was shady and that when she married my Grandfather that she resented and was jealous of his relationship with his six daughters. But that she tried to get along with her. Worse after doing some digging my mom and her sisters also found out that when my grandfather was alive he had $50,000 that he wanted split between all six of his daughters (which they did get) but she tried to get a lawyer to see if she could get all that money for herself without any of it going to them. Whats even worse, it looks like if my mom and her sisters do not sign the document so that the house can be sold it can affect all their credit. There is more to this legally but this is the gist of it. Every one is shocked at this development.

As for me, when I was younger I used to feel bad that I didn't really like my Godmother/step grandmother because I thought she was mean. She was always very snappy and impatient and I wouldn't like to be around her. She was nasty, but because she was family I tried to love her and be respectful. And as she got older I felt she had mellowed out a bit, though she could still be mean and nasty. And my mother said that over the years she has tried to be nice to her and help her out but that she rarely appreciated it. When my mom and her sisters got together to discuss this they also found out how two faced she was because apparently she had talked behind everyone's back to other family members. She even had nasty things to say about me and my two sisters (WTF). You know I always knew she was petty and it wouldn't surprise me that she was two faced and had nasty things to say about people but never dreamed she could be this underhanded.

What is really gross about all this is that the house was paid off, no mortgage, she got all of my Grandfather's pension and social security, and she had money from selling her parent's house. Why did she need to take out a loan against the house and why was it hidden that the house was to go to my mom and her sister's if my Godmother decided she didn't want to live there anymore? My maternal Grandfather has been gone for over twenty years, his whole life he worked hard to make sure his children were provided for and it's awful that his wishes are being subverted like this. My mom suspects that my godmother let the place go so that it would be unlivable to stick it to them. Holy sh*t.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:42 PM   #8296
Leo656
The Franchise

Wanna make sure you NEVER have time to work out, ever again?

Get a job at a f*cking gym.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:46 AM   #8297
Leo656
The Franchise

SO, the gym I work at is 24/7. I stayed late Thursday night because there was a lot to do, and right before leaving, as usual, I stocked all the disinfectant spray, paper towels, etc., because we get a decent amount of overnight traffic. There's 5 dispensers for towels, all full or mostly-full when I left.

Today, I was at our other gym. Boss went to the place I worked yesterday. ALL the towels were used up. "Clearly you didn't stock them." Sure, 9 years in and I"m gonna forget to do the thing I do EVERY DAY. We've caught people on camera taking excessive amounts of towels many times, even sent email blasts to the entire client list asking them NOT to do that. BUT, clearly I just said "F*ck it." Clearly.

He kept sending me emails about it while I was busy training clients, too. If he's training someone, he makes no bones about not being bothered. My people don't matter, I guess?

I told him, from now on I'm taking pictures of all the dispensers before I go home and texting them to him, because this comes up about once a year and I'm sick of it. He said not to bother, but f*ck that, I don't listen particularly well when people call me a liar.

I've been there 9 years; I've seen dozens of people quit inside a month, or a week. This is generally why.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #8298
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, one of those sorts of bosses. Laying blame and esp where it doesn't belong and isn't deserved, always such a fantastic leadership style.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-02-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:02 PM   #8299
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah, the kind that throws people under the bus for crap they didn't do. Had a few of those, myself.

My gear grind was a couple of days ago, but still bears mentioning. Working in drive through taking orders and making drinks, I had a truck pull up in my lane (we have two), and sit there. I greeted them, but recieved no response. Continued to prompt for their order, about seven times in total, with no response whatsoever. Windows never even came down. Yet they sat there for SEVERAL minutes! They finally pulled around to the window, and seeing this, I gave our cash-taker a head's-up that they never ordered, and to take it at her window. After she took it, I asked what the deal was. Turns out, the customer was DEAF/MUTE!!!

Why the absolute F**K would someone who can't communicate verbally use a DRIVE-THROUGH to order, when the whole point is to talk into the speaker??!! Made ZERO sense, and I was livid that she had wasted so much time, and held up the line, just to end up giving our cash girl a piece of paper with her order on it. Freaking stupid and inconsiderate of the people behind her. If you can't communicate over a speaker, come INSIDE, for F**K'S sake!!

Old 02-02-2019, 04:08 PM   #8300
Leo656
The Franchise

It's a common trait in self-made millionaires. Came from nothing, worked 32 hours a day for X number of years until they were making seven figures, they compulsively need everyone around them to be exactly as driven and obsessed as they are, or else they lash out. They expect everyone around them to be up to their standard 24/7, 365.

I've worked for a few and met many more more. I respect it, but I'm simply not that driven. I'm content to punch out, go home, and not think about work again until the next day. I'm actually, medically, for psychiatric reasons, NOT supposed to think about work after I go home, and I am not supposed to work more than 6 days a week. And I constantly, CONSTANTLY get lectured about THAT sh*t, too.

I respect his work ethic but the thing those people do about treating people like cyborgs is exhausting. I told him, I dragged myself back in against doctor's orders because I was going broke, and I still haven't been to physical therapy for my back, yet, nor have I taken one single pill. I'm in constant, blinding back pain, I don't need anyone getting on my case about goddamn paper towels. Especially when I already goddamn did it.

I actually set my alarm to PM last night, and subsequently woke up over an hour late for work this morning. He was so pissed - I assume - that he didn't call, text, or email me even once, all day. He's usually constantly on my sh*t, so when I don't hear from for an entire day, it usually means he's too busy wondering how much it would cost to replace me with three people, like he tried to do last time I wasn't around.

I mean, whatever, at least it was quiet.

And how cool is it that apparently it takes THREE people to potentially replace one of me? I can't help but take that as a compliment.