The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #21
easyemoney
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I seriously want this!

Does anyone know how large the box is that this thing comes in? I have zero space for it now, but once I move into a larger apartment/house, I'd definitely make use of it!
About 4 ft x 2.5 ft x 7 inches, around 60 pounds. Big rectangular box that should fit in a backseat.

However this is the 1st 4 player game being released so dimensions may be a little larger. But nothing too crazy.
easyemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #22
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyemoney View Post
About 4 ft x 2.5 ft x 7 inches, around 60 pounds. Big rectangular box that should fit in a backseat.

However this is the 1st 4 player game being released so dimensions may be a little larger. But nothing too crazy.
Thanks so much for the info! I seriously appreciate it!

That definitely sounds doable for me. The price point is crazy awesome as well, so hopefully I can snag one if they're not too limited.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #23
Coro
Mad Scientist

Yup-been dreaming of the full sized one forever, and now with this?!?! Yeah its gonna happen. Too awesome not to. If anyone has any release info or where I can get this thing please let me know.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #24
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Already have an insider who is going to snag me one once they hit locally.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #25
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

When is it releasing ? If it’s listed I have missed it somehow
Old 06-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #26
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Already have an insider who is going to snag me one once they hit locally.
Wait until Walmart.com has it for preorder.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #27
easyemoney
Random Punk

Not sure how I feel about the associated riser. Definitely getting one to raise the height but might go with the default black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80CE01FB-A392-4701-966D-4F5BF4F742EF.jpg (8.8 KB, 104 views)
easyemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #28
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

I saw one of these tonight at Costco (different games) and it got me even more excited.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #29
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyemoney View Post
Not sure how I feel about the associated riser. Definitely getting one to raise the height but might go with the default black.
I hope the back is just their standard black one w/ logo? I also saw a video from E3 and there was a TMNT stool as well (same image as riser)
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:45 PM   #30
statik
Foot Soldier

https://youtu.be/xamzEqd89Ik

Skip to 6:30 marker.
Goes to 22:00 for all things TMNT.

Few notes for the lazy. If you're all fat, good luck fitting four players. They do show a smaller group of four playing towards the end. The volume control featured will be changed out for a slider adjuster. November should be release date. Not sure if $349 price tag is with riser or not. They also made some custom stools it looks like. No additional info on that though.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #31
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
https://youtu.be/xamzEqd89Ik

Skip to 6:30 marker.
Goes to 22:00 for all things TMNT.

Few notes for the lazy. If you're all fat, good luck fitting four players. They do show a smaller group of four playing towards the end. The volume control featured will be changed out for a slider adjuster. November should be release date. Not sure if $349 price tag is with riser or not. They also made some custom stools it looks like. No additional info on that though.
It includes the riser
Old 06-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #32
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Hahaha

I'm in too. Can't wait.
been scoping out the local hut. got a few good spots in mine
may wear my back to the future sunglasses from Pizza Hut while there while I play
good times it shall be
Old 06-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #33
AquaParade
Banned

That is so damn cool! I have no place for one and it kills me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #34
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
I almost can't believe this is happening and I'm so happy it is. 350 bucks is pretty steep for just two games and a neat cabinet but I'm pretty sure I can't resist this one.
You think this is steep? Do you have any idea how much the original cabinet goes for?

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #35
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
You think this is steep? Do you have any idea how much the original cabinet goes for?
Go on...

I bought mine in 1999 for $427. Some of the decals are worn/faded but I have vintage replacements (not reprints, but new old stock). One of these days I want to restore it, I guess.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #36
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

They sell these things through Aldi here, which is annoying. They like to play funny games with release dates, so you never know how hard it will be to buy something.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #37
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Go on...

I bought mine in 1999 for $427. Some of the decals are worn/faded but I have vintage replacements (not reprints, but new old stock). One of these days I want to restore it, I guess.
$350 for an Arcade 1up cabinet seems like a lot if you paid $427 for the real deal. In the last 5ish years of looking for a TMNT Arcade I have never seen anything near that price so I would say you found yourself a really good deal!

I have seen a few rebuilt or refurbished original TMNT full sized cabinets for sale and they are around $3,000. Lowest I found was a local machine for $1,800, but the board didn't work and was very "seasoned" looking to say the least.

Even assembled MAME cabinets are around that $2,500-$3,000 price from what I have seen.

I finally decided to just build my own, but it is taking more time then I was at first thinking. (And costing more too)
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #38
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
$350 for an Arcade 1up cabinet seems like a lot if you paid $427 for the real deal. In the last 5ish years of looking for a TMNT Arcade I have never seen anything near that price so I would say you found yourself a really good deal!

I have seen a few rebuilt or refurbished original TMNT full sized cabinets for sale and they are around $3,000. Lowest I found was a local machine for $1,800, but the board didn't work and was very "seasoned" looking to say the least.

Even assembled MAME cabinets are around that $2,500-$3,000 price from what I have seen.

I finally decided to just build my own, but it is taking more time then I was at first thinking. (And costing more too)

These are the same reasons that I want this thing too. I cant afford 2-3k for a nice cabinet with only 1 game in it. This is a dream come true plus its smaller and fits the man cave better.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:52 AM   #39
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post

The same happened to me. Once it’s all built though it’s definitely more rewarding having 1000+ games on it. I think I spent about $1200 on mine over time. I did buy some things for it that weren’t really necessary though. Even with all those games I think I only play about 40 of them anymore.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #40
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

There are videos to mod these cabinets with a Raspberry Pi if you wanted to.....even just to add X-Men & Simpsons on it.