The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #61
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
JCR was hilarious

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #62
snake
Disgusting

Just got back. Holy sh*t. The visuals, the soundtrack, everything. Absolutely loved it.

This is the first thing newly released in a long time that made me feel like I was watching an actual MOVIE.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #63
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just got back, loved it! The score and soundtrack were great. I'm a big classic rock guy, so it's not like I hadn't heard most of the songs a million times, but still a great selection.

The visuals and effects were great. The whole thing made Peter Jackson's movie look like a pretentious, bloated turd. But it was already that anyways.

The cast was very MCU heavy (even had FAKE Dr. Doom and that Coulson look alike. Plus the Maximoff twins starred in Godzilla, hmm), but I'm not complaining. I think this was the first big movie I've seen Larson in, definitely hype for Captain Marvel. Also crazy how handsome Hiddleston is, they make him so ugly as Loki lol.

I agree with CanadianDrome, JCR was the highlight character. But everyone was awesome, Jackson had a cool arc too.

Pretty frustrating to watch Warner Brothers build this cinematic universe in a natural manner. Good movies leading up tob the crossover event. Pretty simple eh? Then to see how they treat DC... ****. I guess that's just on Snyder and Johns.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-28-2017 at 09:03 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #64
snake
Disgusting

Yeah, Larson was awesome here.

I never realized how huge her tits were until Kong. Like, they seemed to be the subtle focus of nearly every scene she was in during the 3rd act.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #65
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, I didn't notice that until the 3rd either. They threw in a semi-gratuitous wet t-shirt shot too.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #66
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just got back, loved it! The score and soundtrack were great. I'm a big classic rock guy, so it's not like I hadn't heard most of the songs a million times, but still a great selection.

The visuals and effects were great. The whole thing made Peter Jackson's movie look like a pretentious, bloated turd. But it was already that anyways.

The cast was very MCU heavy (even had FAKE Dr. Doom and that Coulson look alike. Plus the Maximoff twins starred in Godzilla, hmm), but I'm not complaining. I think this was the first big movie I've seen Larson in, definitely hype for Captain Marvel. Also crazy how handsome Hiddleston is, they make him so ugly as Loki lol.

I agree with CanadianDrome, JCR was the highlight character. But everyone was awesome, Jackson had a cool arc too.

Pretty frustrating to watch Warner Brothers build this cinematic universe in a natural manner. Good movies leading up tob the crossover event. Pretty simple eh? Then to see how they treat DC... ****. I guess that's just on Snyder and Johns.
Finally saw this. I agree, the music choices were great (although what are the odds that any records they brought with them to Skull Island [and also, why?] would have survived Kong's initial attack?)

Jackson's King Kong movie could have been good but he was still stuck in LOTR mode, apparently. Man needs to learn how to make a movie under two hours long.

Everyone was cast pretty well and did a good job in their roles. I wish the island natives had gotten a little more explanation but that's a minor nitpick. John C. Reilly really did stand out. And I liked what Brie Larson did with her character so I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about Captain Marvel now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Yeah, Larson was awesome here.

I never realized how huge her tits were until Kong. Like, they seemed to be the subtle focus of nearly every scene she was in during the 3rd act.
There are plenty of films out there with gratuitous boob/butt shots but I don't think this was one of them; I think your hormones were just raging, dude.

Anyways, glad I finally saw this. At least an 8.5/10 for me, much better than 2014's Godzilla. Can't wait for the next MontserVerse film now
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:43 AM   #67
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Man, Kong was on fire that night, wasn’t he?

The dude’s expression at 5:33 is HILARIOUS!

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 01-09-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:48 AM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That's got to smell so bad.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 12:42 PM   #69
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote