The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2021, 09:07 PM   #2001
italianice388
Hench Mutant

after the announcement confirming that NECA will be releasing 50+ tmnt figures this year, it really seems like super7 needs to increase the frequency of these ultimates waves. feels like NECA is about to eat their lunch, which i hope isn't the case–but it's clear that TMNT collectors have a huge appetite for these things.

super7, add more waves so there's less of a wait in between!
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:55 PM   #2002
teemu
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
after the announcement confirming that NECA will be releasing 50+ tmnt figures this year, it really seems like super7 needs to increase the frequency of these ultimates waves. feels like NECA is about to eat their lunch, which i hope isn't the case–but it's clear that TMNT collectors have a huge appetite for these things.

The problem is, they can't. Production moves too slow and Brian said he won't do pre-orders and take more money until a previous wave gets in hand. Wave 2 came, so Wave 5 next month. Wave 6 won't show up until wave 3 is in hand.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:24 PM   #2003
italianice388
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
The problem is, they can't. Production moves too slow and Brian said he won't do pre-orders and take more money until a previous wave gets in hand. Wave 2 came, so Wave 5 next month. Wave 6 won't show up until wave 3 is in hand.
right, production is set in speed. wave 5 and wave 6 will take the same amount of time from concept to shipment. but, if they put a wave in between 5 and 6, then we get more figures, more regularly.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:54 PM   #2004
j3h
Foot Soldier

What super7 can do is throw us more one off retailer exclusives that are easy to make in between waves...like give entertainment earth a five pack of mousers, give BBTS a glow in the dark MutagenMan, give another retailer an all black Raphael, and another a glow in the dark Leonardo (for quick examples)
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:11 AM   #2005
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Please lord no. One saving grace for me on this series is the slow pace. I'd have a tough time rationalizing blowing $200 a wave more often than they currently release.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:36 AM   #2006
mikey see
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
Please lord no. One saving grace for me on this series is the slow pace. I'd have a tough time rationalizing blowing $200 a wave more often than they currently release.
Seriously, and it's about to be more like $250/wave if the new $55 price point is true.

Four waves a year does seem slow until I think of the price tags. I think if they really wanted to stay on collector's minds a little more regularly the best they could do would be to release figures one at a time, similar to Matty Collector. At 16 figures per year we'd be getting a new Ultimate once every 4ish weeks. That would be amazing.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #2007
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Seriously, and it's about to be more like $250/wave if the new $55 price point is true.

Four waves a year does seem slow until I think of the price tags. I think if they really wanted to stay on collector's minds a little more regularly the best they could do would be to release figures one at a time, similar to Matty Collector. At 16 figures per year we'd be getting a new Ultimate once every 4ish weeks. That would be amazing.
Yep, and $50-55 every 4 weeks or so would be a lot easier to fork out than $200-250 every few months.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #2008
inaheap
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I think it may be the opposite. They'll loose because I'm going to have a hard time justifying spending something like $1300.00 for figures, in one line, in one year. That is assuming I can get them at retail which is very unlikely. $600.00ish for Super7 that are easy to get is more doable. It may end up being the thing that pushes me more completely away from NECA.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #2009
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
after the announcement confirming that NECA will be releasing 50+ tmnt figures this year, it really seems like super7 needs to increase the frequency of these ultimates waves. feels like NECA is about to eat their lunch
NECA and Super7 have two different audience at this moment. Super7 is redoing the classic Playmates line, NECA is doing figures based on the old cartoon, movies and videogames. People have a limited amount of money, so they'll chose according to their taste and interests, regardless the amount of toys those companies are releasing.
Personally, I think putting out 50+ figures a year is too much. People will have an hard time keeping up with those and I'm sure a lot of the figures will get "lost".
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:30 PM   #2010
AquaParade
Big Boss

Between the two of them, there has to be room for more Mirage figures.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:31 PM   #2011
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

I'd have a much easier time keeping up with both if NECA stuff was actually freaking orderable.

Thankfully various toy buddies have been able to fill in the blanks for me. Gotta pay shipping of course, but it's better than eBay markup.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:16 PM   #2012
italianice388
Hench Mutant

Totally hear you all on not wanting to have to keep up with many releases, and respect that. I'm personally in the opposite camp. The more super7 tmnt ultimates, for me, the better!
Old 02-24-2021, 05:29 AM   #2013
Otter
Hench Mutant

¿Por que no los dos?

NECA's 1990 movie and Mirage, and some cherry-picked Ultimates from Super7 for me.

I'll get duplicates of both companies' Usagi figures WHEN they are released. I hope NECA pairs him with something good.

Last edited by Otter; 02-24-2021 at 05:34 AM.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:59 PM   #2014
King Kahn
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
¿Por que no los dos?

NECA's 1990 movie and Mirage, and some cherry-picked Ultimates from Super7 for me.

I'll get duplicates of both companies' Usagi figures WHEN they are released. I hope NECA pairs him with something good.
Same. I’ll buy any and all usagi figures.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:24 PM   #2015
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Please, no. I already have to pick and choose which figures I can get because these are so expensive and come out 4 figures at a time. If the output were even more than that, that just means even LESS figures I'd be able to afford.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:23 PM   #2016
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Stone Warrior

Sorry for the double-post, but I just wanted to let everyone know that BigBadToyStore has the wave 1 re-issues in stock again. Or at least, as of this post, they have Raphael by himself in-stock, as well as the whole wave in a bundle.

I kinda wish I hadn't have gotten Raph from another store for a higher price, as I could have snagged him here today. Oh, well. Still figured I'd pass this along for anyone still hoping to jump onboard.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:08 AM   #2017
SleepDrifter
Random Punk

If I’m not mistaken- this month we should see Wave 5 (fingers crossed). I know we’ve speculated who’s going to join the line up but my newest inclination is:

Slash
Krang
Ace Duck
Wingnut/Screwloose

Sadly, it seems the Usagi license is more complicated then Brian originally projected. I don’t think we’ll be seeing him this round.

There’s not a true pattern occurring but speculating is fun. For me the next 4 dream waves:

Wave 6
Traag
Scumbug
Ray Filet
Genghis

Wave 7
Leatherhead
Triceraton
Usagi (hopefully can clear licensing)
Panda Kahn(hopefully can clear licensing)

Wave 8
Pizzaface
Chromedome
Napoleon
Fugitoid

Wave 9
Antrax
Scaletail
Wyrm
Hothead

I could go on...

I’m sure we will more than likely see the first four turtle variants mixed in there as well, which I’m fine with. The more I consider how deep this line will go, I really hope to see a Killer Bee and Needlenose at some point. Price be damned.

Last edited by SleepDrifter; 03-07-2021 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Grammar
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:42 AM   #2018
Otter
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post

Sadly, it seems the Usagi license is more complicated then Brian originally projected. I don’t think we’ll be seeing him this round.
My feeling is that with the animated series coming they don't want any product that might potentially cannibalise anything else that might be coming in association with it. I reckon Usagi is a lock for Super7, but is just going to be delayed.

So the line better go gangbusters until then to make sure Usagi isn't canned!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:57 AM   #2019
Theonlywessmith
Mouser

Quote:
If I’m not mistaken- this month we should see Wave 5 (fingers crossed). I know we’ve speculated who’s going to join the line up but my newest inclination is:

Slash
Krang
Ace Duck
Wingnut/Screwloose

There’s not a true pattern occurring but speculating is fun. For me the next 4 dream waves:

Wave 6
Traag
Scumbug
Ray Filet
Genghis

Wave 7
Leatherhead
Triceraton

Wave 8
Pizzaface
Chromedome
Napoleon
Fugitoid

Wave 9
Antrax
Scaletail
Wyrm
Hothead

I could go on...

I’m sure we will more than likely see the first four turtle variants mixed in there as well, which I’m fine with. The more I consider how deep this line will go, I really hope to see a Killer Bee and Needlenose at some point. Price be damned.
I am really hoping each wave includes a costume turtle. Like Apollo 11, Crazy Cowboy Don etc etc etc
Old 03-08-2021, 02:29 PM   #2020
italianice388
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theonlywessmith View Post
I am really hoping each wave includes a costume turtle. Like Apollo 11, Crazy Cowboy Don etc etc etc
I respect you and wish you the best of luck, but personally I hope the opposite happens. I love the original mutants. Such beautiful sculpts. I want a shelf full of freaks, monsters, and robots, not a bunch of turtles wearing costumes. I will make an exception for Universal turtles, though.

Quote:

Slash
Krang
Ace Duck
Wingnut/Screwloose

Wave 6
Traag
Scumbug
Ray Filet
Genghis

Wave 7
Leatherhead
Triceraton

Wave 8
Pizzaface
Chromedome
Napoleon
Fugitoid

Wave 9
Antrax
Scaletail
Wyrm
Hothead

I could go on...

Now THIS lineup sounds awesome to me. great taste, man.