The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

E-Free 2018

Yoooooo, let's discuss that Microsoft conference. Pretty densely packed with stuff and probably XBox's best in years. Lots of cool stuff was shown. Let's also discuss the other conferences!
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Pretty densely packed with stuff and probably XBox's best in years. Lots of cool stuff was shown.
I agree with the latter but its not really "Xbox's best" when pretty much most of the games are multi platform. Really looking forward to Sekiro and Cyberpunk 2077, might get Jump Force though
Old 06-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
sdp
-

I didn't watch the conferences just some videos I was linked to that piqued my interest:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Still not a fan of nuLara but at the very least this looked more Tomb Raider than the past two games

CyberPunk 2077: Looks ok so far but it didn't wow me.

Jump Force: I wish the graphics were cel shaded

Dead Or Alive 6: This trailer did not seem like a DOA game

Devil May Cry 5: looks ok

I'm not big on current gaming trends so nothing else really interested me to check out trailers but not crapping on that, just not for me.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Xbox reveals:
-Just Cause 4
-Gears of War 5
-Dying Light 2
-Forza Horizon 4
-Halo Infinite
-Battletoads
-Devil May Cry 5
-The Division 2

EA reveals:
-Battlefield 5
-FIFA 19
-Madden 19
-Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
-Unravel Two
-Sea of Solitude
-NBA Live 19
-Command & Conquer: Rivals
-Anthem

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm more excited about new Battletoads then any of the other games. Battletoads holds a special place in our hearts. It came out in a time when TMNT was huge. And the game was no doubt capitalizing on the success of TMNT. The game was super challenging.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #6
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Would have honestly preferred we got a sequel to DmC over DMC5.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:11 PM   #7
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Jump Force: I wish the graphics were cel shaded
Wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose?
Old 06-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Would have honestly preferred we got a sequel to DmC over DMC5.
Me, too, actually! That game is great.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #9
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Well Bethesda is pretty bad so far and whoever decided that Fallout needs to be a multiplayer game should be ashamed of themselves. Doom and Wolfenstein were the only saving grace but all we got was teasers
Old 06-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #10
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

VR gaming news has been painfully light so this E3 hasn't done much for me. Hoping tomorrow has some good reveals.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:58 AM   #11
Turo602
The King of Kings

Microsoft killed it! I really think they've restored faith in their brand, which was exactly what they needed to do this E3.

Halo didn't show much but it said a lot, and that's that 343 is listening, which is exactly what fans needed to hear. Gears of War 5 looks like the proper next-gen experience that 4 failed to deliver due to its back to basics approach. Crackdown looks like insane fun, and making Terry Crews the star was honestly the best way to make the protagonist instantly likeable. They're officially working on Battletoads! They're getting previously Sony exclusive stuff like Nier: Automata and Kingdom Hearts 3, and they've acquired 5 studios to make exclusive games for the Xbox. Microsoft really got their sh*t together and 2019 is looking like a great year for the Xbox.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks like another incredible entry in the franchise and I'm really loving the setting. I didn't expect Devil May Cry 5 to be shown off at Microsoft's conference as Capcom tends to favor Sony and the rumor going around was that it would be exclusive to the PS4. Glad that wasn't true. The game looks amazing, though the focus on Nero in this trailer leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Though, I still haven't played 4, so maybe that will change. Weird though how much DMC 5 looks like the reboot, which I would have preferred they continued, but if the core DMC fanbase is satisfied with this, which I don't mind too much considering how good it looks, then I'm happy for them.

I will say, I'm a bit disappointed that 343 didn't have any words at the conference to give us more insight into Halo: Infinite and the future of the Master Chief Collection and I could have sworn Remedy was scheduled to be at the Microsoft conference with P7? Did I miss something? Was really pulling for it to be Alan Wake 2. But overall, Xbox had a very strong showing and I couldn't be anymore excited for the future of the console. Really looking forward to the rest of the conferences.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #12
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
VR gaming news has been painfully light so this E3 hasn't done much for me. Hoping tomorrow has some good reveals.
It seems VR is not yet at the point where it can become a serious contender of the traditional video games. Much like motion based games (Wii, move and Kinect) it was a fad, that have mostly died / went into the background.

Funny it will be second time when VR attempts to become a next step in the video game industry and second time it fails. Well, better luck third time. Probably then we will have a virtual reality like it was predicted in cyber punk novels..

Microsoft seriously had absolutely monstrous conference, in a good way, of course. Dunno what Sony need to do. They might not even get Final Fantasy VII Remake, since Square has their own conference today.

I predict Resident Evil 2 Remake, maybe RE8, maybe some kind DLC for Dad of War. I really really hope for the announcement of new Mortal Kombat, but it might be not in the cards. NRS is very silent about the matter.

At least Namco has brought a new build of Soul Calibur 6, so my hunger for the good fighting games this year will be sated. Also, Talim reveal is seemingly will happen in the next few days.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #13
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Max settings 1440p on all action games and fighting games! Cant wait for all of them but mostly for DOOM! I iwill kill all demons monsters zombies humans e.t.c! MY RYZEN 1700 16 GB DDR4 3200MHZ GTX 970 and 24'' 2560x1440 60 hz ips monitor are ready for all of them!
Old 06-11-2018, 09:16 AM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

Your hardware is super outdated, bro.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #15
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Sumac isn't too wrong, the last VR trend was indeed a fad, but mostly because the technology isn't there yet. VR is definitely the future of gaming, it just has to get cheaper.

Give it 5 more years. Many companies are heavily investing in VR and AR, so it won't be too long. We're almost there to make it mainstream. We'll get tons of VR content then.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man, 2019 is seemingly stacked with games. Just in January-February alone there's like 10 high profile games coming out. Goddamn.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #17
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post

Funny it will be second time when VR attempts to become a next step in the video game industry and second time it fails. Well, better luck third time. Probably then we will have a virtual reality like it was predicted in cyber punk novels..
How did it fail, yeah sure VR isn't in the "Mainstream Gaming market" but so far its making good strides with a decent library of games, hell Bethesda even announced Wolfenstein and Prey VR.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #18
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
How did it fail, yeah sure VR isn't in the "Mainstream Gaming market" but so far its making good strides with a decent library of games, hell Bethesda even announced Wolfenstein and Prey VR.
Do you see hundreds of developers bringing their iconic IPs to VR and those games being extremely successful and being talked about like a new hotness?
Me neither.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #19
sdp
-

VR has not failed, it just can't live up to the hype that it had 2 years ago. It was indeed a fad since you don't see people marketing it as much, but that doesn't mean the technology isn't the future, it is and it's amazing. It's still in its early stages but this isn't like the 90s VR fad that came and went, this time we actually have the technology and it's progressing at a steady pace.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #20
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Square Enix was OK but Ubisoft was so baaaaad.