The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #2541
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Got Mikey today, his right shoulder is a little out of place, but it's nothing too bad. The mask has shading on it, so maybe they heard the complaints and fixed some? But here are my 4 Turtles, please excuse the horrible display, I'm moving soon and I'll have a much better display for them.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #2542
statik
Foot Soldier

Well since both Neca and EE couldn't help me I decided to at least attempt to fix Donny myself. Not that I don't appreciate First of Two Latin King's offer to sell me their extra Donny.

I ended up using Tech Bond BP Blue after researching best fix for plastic specifically. So far so good. I'm using his bo as extra support just to be safe until I'm 100% sure it's fixed. I guess Donny is the only one with this problem from the few cases I've heard of. Early production defect thing?

The sai was a simple repair, just used standard Loctite super glue.

One thing I suggest is holding between the bottom of the shell tight anytime you adjust the legs. Put less pressure on that inside shell seam, less risk of breaking.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:22 PM   #2543
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
Well since both Neca and EE couldn't help me I decided to at least attempt to fix Donny myself. Not that I don't appreciate First of Two Latin King's offer to sell me their extra Donny.

I ended up using Tech Bond BP Blue after researching best fix for plastic specifically. So far so good. I'm using his bo as extra support just to be safe until I'm 100% sure it's fixed. I guess Donny is the only one with this problem from the few cases I've heard of. Early production defect thing?

One thing I suggest is holding between the bottom of the shell tight anytime you adjust the legs. Put less pressure on that inside shell seam, less risk of breaking.
How can NECA not stand behind their product? To give you a
"not my problem" answer is pretty crummy of them. Given all the derpy SDCC figures that went out the last thing they should give is crappy CS
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #2544
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I sold one to a member here and his arrived with a broken leg, I contacted NECA and got the same answer of "not our problem/not our responsibility." A handful of angry customers isn't going to hurt their business when they're cranking out the 1:4 scale figures by the hundreds of thousands.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #2545
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

So am I the only one that doesn't really like Mikey's head sculpt and feel he looks out of place next to his brothers?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:44 PM   #2546
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I sold one to a member here and his arrived with a broken leg, I contacted NECA and got the same answer of "not our problem/not our responsibility." A handful of angry customers isn't going to hurt their business when they're cranking out the 1:4 scale figures by the hundreds of thousands.
I think you need to be the purchaser, otherwise they wont cover it. Like buying from eBay is not covered cause its some random guy reselling. Even if you bought it from me and it was broken, Id take it back and I would have to eat it myself. Its all on the retailer.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:48 PM   #2547
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
So am I the only one that doesn't really like Mikey's head sculpt and feel he looks out of place next to his brothers?
After looking at the pics, I agree about the face sculpt...there is something wrong with it, but I cant put my finger on it. Its like his eyes are too wide open or there is too much green between the eyes and the bandanna or something. I cant really tell whats wrong, but to me its something about the eyes.

On the other hand its not bad enough for me to care that much, but yes...definitely the weakest of the 4 to me. Ill just pose mine all goofy or something.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #2548
mikeyatemypizza
Foot Soldier

Trade you for my playmates secret of the ooze Mikey if it bugs you so much.
mikeyatemypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:41 AM   #2549
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

It appears that the front part of the shell or chest area if you will is much cleaner and brighter yellow on Mikey compared to his brothers.
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:27 AM   #2550
Otter
Stone Warrior

I believe the word you're looking for is "plastron".
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:50 AM   #2551
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Did yours come in yet, Coro?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:54 AM   #2552
ProdUK
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
It appears that the front part of the shell or chest area if you will is much cleaner and brighter yellow on Mikey compared to his brothers.
Maybe they didn't bother with the plastron in preparation for the trench coat raph?
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:30 AM   #2553
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Mikey's expression seems a bit creepy in the photos on the last page but may be less so in person? It doesn't help that the head is down lower, adding to the creepy body language effect. Head might look more genuinely happy and less creepy if not for that. Maybe its just the pose in that pic on last page, but wasn't it here that I read they did something to the neck joint to make him appear shorter? I can't find it now... If so maybe they shouldn't have done that...in this case non-canonical uniformity would probably have been preferable ...

Last edited by DonnieLaForge; 08-31-2017 at 06:38 AM.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:55 AM   #2554
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

I think at this point, I've seen enough photos and video reviews to determine that that orange is just way too bright and neon-esque. The orange that was used on the prototype figure is spot on. Wonder what happened.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:02 AM   #2555
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Mikey's expression seems a bit creepy in the photos on the last page but may be less so in person?
I'd say so ... I do agree that I wish his expression wasn't as intense as it is, but it doesn't look as like "on crack" in person. I think his eyes are a little more pronounced than his brothers, so that does add to the 'in your face' look to an extent. I don't think the orange looks as neon in person either ... it's certainly brighter, but not in a way that hinders anything IMO.

So glad to have all four!
Old 08-31-2017, 12:49 PM   #2556
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yep. That's what I do. Did you take yours apart, or where you able to glue it without doing that?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 08-31-2017 at 01:06 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:05 PM   #2557
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Yep. That's what I do. Did you take yours apart, or where you able to glue it without doing that?
Are these actual "breaks" or did it just pull apart at the seam?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:05 PM   #2558
Coro
Mad Scientist

So just an FYI Mikey's orange is MUCH better looking in person...was worried.

I still think these are my favorite turtles ever. They will be my centerpiece for a long time.

On a side note, if you ordered your Mikeys from me, they will go out tomorrow morning. Some of you are so close that priority said 1 day shipping which is pretty cool.

This is my current display in a temp location (we are redoing my man cave/basement) but this is how they will display in their perm home too.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:42 PM   #2559
Dizmone
Thug

Got my shipping confirmation. In Kansas City, would be sweet to have Mikey in hand this weekend.
Dizmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:48 PM   #2560
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmone View Post
Got my shipping confirmation. In Kansas City, would be sweet to have Mikey in hand this weekend.
I would bet you were one of the 1 day shippers. Like 1/2 of the 10 turtles were 1 day priority.