The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #21
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife View Post
No, they most certainly did not.

As a matter of fact, Randy even made it a point at Toy Fair to mention that the figures were put out in arcade style as a sort of red herring, and they are being done in cartoon colors for Target, instead.
I’v watched the videos from multiple YouTube channels and I don’t remember hearing that. I’d like to hear it though if you can post a link. Either way whether they’re video game style or toon style it’ll be nice to finally get these released.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #22
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I’v watched the videos from multiple YouTube channels and I don’t remember hearing that. I’d like to hear it though if you can post a link. Either way whether they’re video game style or toon style it’ll be nice to finally get these released.
You're right. He didn't say that it was a red herring specifically. But that the intention was for them to be cartoon.

Arcades are still happening. But more than likely retail exclusives, NOT NYCC. Semantics, I'm sure someone will argue.

He begins talking about Turtles pretty right away. It's hard to hear. This is the only interview where I heard him publicly mention it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZg929wZEk&t=524s
RicksNerdLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:44 PM   #23
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You're right. He didn't say that it was a red herring specifically. But that the intention was for them to be cartoon.

Arcades are still happening. But more than likely retail exclusives, NOT NYCC. Semantics, I'm sure someone will argue.

He begins talking about Turtles pretty right away. It's hard to hear. This is the only interview where I heard him publicly mention it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZg929wZEk&t=524s
All I have to say is I like what I heard.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #24
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Randy still mentioned another 1/4th scale figure in the works as well. I'm guessing Tatsu since in the Pixel Dan video he made mention that it all correlated ... though since they've already made a Casey Jones mask, I'm not going to rule him out as well.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #25
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
NECA will be revealing their SDCC exclusives this week. Turtles will be on Thursday for World Turtle Day.
Don't doubt it. In fact I wouldn't be suprised to get a tease or two today and tomorrow. I was talking about New York Comic Con.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #26
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Don't doubt it. In fact I wouldn't be suprised to get a tease or two today and tomorrow. I was talking about New York Comic Con.
You said "I hope we get some good SDCC teases this week". Just confirming that we will be.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #27
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

The Arcade figures were confirmed for NYCC 2019.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:20 AM   #28
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
The Arcade figures were confirmed for NYCC 2019.
Again, by whom? Because, again, I've heard otherwise. Was this public? Because they haven't even announced their SDCC stuff yet.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #29
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Yeah, I'm wondering about that, too, because I REALLLY want me that TiT Slash and the only reference I've seen to those figures being NYCC exclusive was here.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #30
italianice388
Stone Warrior

This will be a movie set with small scale shredder, foot soldier (2x) and splinter. It will be announced tomorrow.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:23 PM   #31
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Toon sets from wave 2 (bebop & rocksteady,
slash & leatherhead, and one more set) will come in fall / holiday
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #32
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
This will be a movie set with small scale shredder, foot soldier (2x) and splinter. It will be announced tomorrow.
Why would they release a small scale splinter before they have even done a 1/4th scale splinter. Usually its 1/4th version than small scale version

🤔
Old 05-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #33
sdp
-

Quote:
Again, by whom? Because, again, I've heard otherwise. Was this public? Because they haven't even announced their SDCC stuff yet.
I mean, He can. He is.

And it's not so much on you being suspicious. That's fine. It's everything to do with the approach. There are more tactful ways. Saying "Oh, hey, that's cool. Not to be rude, but what are your sources on this?" would be one way...

...you turd decided to go another route.

And especially over something so ridiculous. How/why would he make this up? If you sit back and think for two seconds, I mean, you're looking at a figure already, of which they clearly got the license for. Wouldn't common sense dictate that if they have the license for something as super popular as this, they would want to capitalize on that? That this would NOT be a one and done?

I understand common sense and tact aren't strongly held values on message boards, but come on. Let's at least *try* using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
I like this sourceless insider more already.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #34
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

I think a rival pack would be fun. Shredder vs splinter & Casey vs tatsu. But that would be so many new sculpts at once. Guessing shredder, 2 foot, and tatsu.. if I had to hazard a guess. Without checking, I wonder if tatsu would already share some pieces from Niander Wallace.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:59 AM   #35
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I mean, He can. He is.

And it's not so much on you being suspicious. That's fine. It's everything to do with the approach. There are more tactful ways. Saying "Oh, hey, that's cool. Not to be rude, but what are your sources on this?" would be one way...

...you turd decided to go another route.

And especially over something so ridiculous. How/why would he make this up? If you sit back and think for two seconds, I mean, you're looking at a figure already, of which they clearly got the license for. Wouldn't common sense dictate that if they have the license for something as super popular as this, they would want to capitalize on that? That this would NOT be a one and done?

I understand common sense and tact aren't strongly held values on message boards, but come on. Let's at least *try* using them.

I like this sourceless insider more already.
Yawnnnn.

You're boring. And your crap won't work on me. But please, keep wasting your own time.

And the large difference between what you're pulling, and what I had originally said, is I know BS when I see it. I know things you don't know. So, I have a little more standing in questioning this.

Idiot.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:11 AM   #36
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yawnnnn.

You're boring. And your crap won't work on me. But please, keep wasting your own time.

And the large difference between what you're pulling, and what I had originally said, is I know BS when I see it. I know things you don't know. So, I have a little more standing in questioning this.

Idiot.
Man I was on ur side at first but now it’s clear your just a pretentious douche who thinks he’s something with information on toys.

You make Latin Kings look good.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:17 AM   #37
Will not be censored

Quote:
It has been awhile but someone here cited one of Pixel Dan's interviews with Randy.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 05-23-2019, 07:54 AM   #38
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Man I was on ur side at first but now it’s clear your just a pretentious douche who thinks he’s something with information on toys.

You make Latin Kings look good.
You're*

And you expect me to just sit back while someone is purposefully being antagonistic, solely for the purpose of being a troll, and not say anything?

GTFOH with that noise.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #39
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
It has been awhile but someone here cited one of Pixel Dan's interviews with Randy.
...this is 100% incorrect.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:58 AM   #40
Will not be censored

I've started a petition in the Comments/Questions/Suggestions section to have this guy banned, if anyone wants to sign it.
Quote: