The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #21
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here is the poster.

Plus, the synopsis has also been released.

Quote:
Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. Between personal obligations and training for his next big fight, he is up against the challenge of his life. Facing an opponent with ties to his family’s past only intensifies his impending battle in the ring. Rocky Balboa is there by his side through it all and, together, Rocky and Adonis will confront their shared legacy, question what’s worth fighting for, and discover that nothing’s more important than family. Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can’t escape your history.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...nters-the-ring
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Where's the teaser trailer? That's supposed to drop today, too.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #23
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Where's the teaser trailer? That's supposed to drop today, too.
they changed it to wednesday
Old 06-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
they changed it to wednesday
Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Am I the only one who wishes they'd get actors to play the opponents in these movies? Ever since Rocky V it's been real boxer after real boxer and none of them have "stuck" the way the opponents in 1-4 did.
Quote:
Yeah, but did anyone care about Tommy Gunn? Did Mason Dixon leave a meaningful stamp on the saga? Does anyone even remember who Creed fought in the last movie?
Agreed. Entertainment > Realism when it comes to sports movies. Give us back the over-the-top icons!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the 1st trailer for Creed 2

Old 09-26-2018, 02:23 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Here's the new trailer:

Looks awesome. Finally a little bit of Drago Sr. in there. That look Rocky gives him... chilling.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:35 AM   #28
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

I'm so watching this. Drago, Sr. looks like he still gives no f*cks about killing Apollo.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 AM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think there will be some touching backstory to Drago Sr. we have no idea about, knowing the minds involved.

Two things most people won't be expecting but I know will be in the movie:

1) Brigitte Nielsen is in it, reprising the wife role. Maybe estranged.

2) Stallone strongly, strongly suggested there will be at least one scene where Rocky punches Drago Sr..
Old 11-25-2018, 10:53 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw "Creed II," and after re-watching all 7 of the other movies. Fantastic! Just so much awesome. I've been looking forward to this even more than any of the Marvel stuff. Everything I wanted to see I saw here, and more. Nice surprises, too. Pretty much every character gets a good story in this, everyone hit with a big dose of "Family." Also the boxing has never looked more realistic and hard-hitting as in this.

A lot of people will and have criticized the movie because it potentially digs too deeply into the Rocky lore at a time when Creed is supposed to be coming into his own and maybe not leaning on the past, particularly Rocky's old movies. But what else were they supposed to do? Just throw completely new, unrelated/unconnected to anyone bad guys at Creed in this sequel, while he deals with his rise in boxing? I guess they could've (and sort of have to after this), but anyone who's a big Rocky fan certainly walked out of the first Creed movie pondering, "Oooh... what if Creed fought Drago's son?" (or alternately -- stupidly -- people pondering, "What if Creed fought Drago himself?!") I know I did, but not just to see another boxing match between a Creed and a Drago. I wanted to see Drago getting the "Creed"/"Rocky Balboa" treatment... many years after Rocky IV now, to see him get a story arc and become humanized. What they did here was nuanced and short with them, but it was strong... and sad.

I really love these movies. Rocky already had its near-perfect end with "Rocky Balboa," then like 10 years later we get Creed... yet it works flawlessly. And now we're getting more and more.

I don't know what they will do in a Creed III. Pit him against Clubber Lang's son? Surely not. Whatever they do, though, I think it will very likely involve Rocky dying and Creed having to cope without his training wheels. And that's going to be very sad.

New Rocky rankings? Eh. I think my taste has changed slightly.

1. Rocky
2. Rocky Balboa
3. Rocky II
4. Rocky IV
5. Creed
6. Creed II
7. Rocky III
8. Rocky V

But I don't dislike any of them, even Rocky V. Rocky Balboa retroactively makes Rocky V a pretty necessary step, and a worthwhile one.

Bring on Rambo: Last Blood!

Spoiler:
Creed's new trunks in the 2nd fight didn't have "Johnson" on the back, I noticed (the pair his mother made for him had "Creed" on the front and "Johnson" on the back). What is this supposed to mean?
Old 11-25-2018, 10:58 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually don't want to go through Rocky dying. That's my only reservation going forward.

I know Stallone's been saying since Rocky II that he's wanted to play Rocky's death scene in a future film - although he's since waffled a few times - but I don't think I can take it.

Like I'm an asshole about a lot of things but I'm not made of stone. I don't wanna watch ROCKY f*cking die. C'mon. Even hearing about it happening offscreen is more than I think I could take.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:00 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I actually don't want to go through Rocky dying. That's my only reservation going forward.

I know Stallone's been saying since Rocky II that he's wanted to play Rocky's death scene in a future film - although he's since waffled a few times - but I don't think I can take it.

Like I'm an asshole about a lot of things but I'm not made of stone. I don't wanna watch ROCKY f*cking die. C'mon. Even hearing about it happening offscreen is more than I think I could take.
Yeah, he's been trying to kill off Rocky since Rocky V. I just can't think of any writer's room for Creed III that won't immediately be like, "OK, Creed has got to outgrow Rocky. Now. Rocky death scene" ala Mickey in Rocky III.

Conversely, I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Adrian or Paulie die on screen. If I had one gripe with "Rocky Balboa" is that I don't see a convincing enough case for not having Adrian there and the quasi-flirtatious thing with Lil Marie. Adrian on her death bed or suffering from Alzheimer's or something while he's contemplating his big return to the ring would have been better.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:17 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

Before then, even. There's interviews from the Rocky II press tours where he said if he "had the courage", Rocky should die in Part III.

I assume sanity kicked in when he realized that if Thunderlips couldn't kill him, then no way Clubber Lang could.

I'unno man, I feel like they've hit a good spot between the drama, the "slice of life", and the full-blown tragedy in this series. I think if we'd actually gotten some of those moments on-screen, it would push people away. Remember, movies are edited nowadays to shield people almost completely from feeling any real emotion, to "protect" them from anything too uncomfortable. Watching Adrian wither away in a hospital bed - AGAIN - might be emotional, but it would really kill the repeat business. Just from a practical standpoint.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #34
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Great movie, and totally worth the 3-year wait.

I'm on the fence about Rocky potentially dying in future installments. On one hand, it would definitely give the next movie the emotional breakdown it would need. On the other, it's f*ckin' Rocky, and he already had a scare in the first Creed with the cancer. If they ever decide for Rocky to finally pass on, it needs to be an absolutely necessary reason, and not just a preferred tear-jerker. It has to have meaning.

At the same time, the idea might have just transformed itself into a red herring, because it's so expected now. Whatever the case, I will definitely be watching Creed III if they green light it.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Creed III is definitely happening. Creed II had the biggest opening of any Rocky/Creed movie.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #36
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Just saw it a worthy sequel but I Still think the First is better. Tessa Thompson and Micheal B Jordan have amazing chemistry.I legit teared up at the ending with Rocky and his Son. I don't wanna see Rocky Die either.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:31 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Aw, Stallone retires from Rocky entirely. He won't be in Creed III:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/stallone...xbJebEUAcFLXEU
Old 11-28-2018, 12:21 PM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah yeah, sure sure. The next senior citizen to turn down a $20 million check will be the very first.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:44 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah yeah, sure sure. The next senior citizen to turn down a $20 million check will be the very first.
I don't think he's messing around. Probably it's because he's killing off Rambo on-screen in Rambo: Last Blood, he doesn't want to do the same with Rocky.

So Rocky will die between Creed movies and Creed will be talking to his headstone. Probably.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:51 PM   #40
Leo656
The Franchise

You vastly underestimate people's greed, sir.

I mean, Jackman actually did kill off Wolverine onscreen, and we're already talking about his inevitable un-retirement once Disney offers him a sweet enough plum. Some things are inevitable, whether they're right or not.