The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #41
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Have I mentioned just how much I hate this movie? Because I really hate this movie.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #42
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Man, now I just GOTTA see it.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #43
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I'll be seeing this tommrow and letting you know what I think.
Shame to see everyone saying its so bad though.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #44
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Is it so bad that it would take MST3K to do it justice?

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #45
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I'll be seeing this tommrow and letting you know what I think.
Shame to see everyone saying its so bad though.
That's how I felt about it. It really looked like it was going to be cool going off of the trailers. I avoided seeing the cartoon so I wouldn't have any attachments to bias my judgment of the film. But the lack of any character depth (Or development) and the worst acting I've ever seen in a big budget movie just made it to be hard to sit through. Especially that me and 2 of my friends were being very positive about the movie. We thought there was no way it could be as bad as people were claiming it was.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #46
Vivi
Mad Scientist

I haven't seen it but am thoroughly disappointed that the general consensus is that it is a turd burger. I adored the series. But...I will still watch it, even if only for the bending effects.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #47
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie
Whoa, thats a little harsh...to the MMPR.. The Power Rangers movie was atleast ENJOYABLE.
Too true. I apologize. The Power Rangers movie was a golden globe compared to The Last Airbender. Though in that instance of comparison, I was talking about EFFECTS. For Power Rangers, it was at least totally appropriate given the nature of the story and source material. Not so with Airbender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie
As far as money spent? 280 million. 130 of which went to marketing.

Ask yourself...how much legit marketing have you seen for this film? Now compare that to Twilight Eclipse...A film that spent far less than 130 million on marketing.
Oh yes, I am aware. But that still leaves $150 million. That is PLENTY of money. It shouldn't even take $20 million to have decent writing (from an experienced director) and at the very goddamned least, acceptable movie editing. Even for the sh*ttiest, most low budget piece of box office refuse, decent editing is a given. Considering the budget, I expected more at least in the way of choreography. And for the last time it does not cost ********s of money to simply synchronize a bodily movement with a bubble, or a pebble. The animation I saw in that film was amateur-level, and poorly applied at best. They had the money. Clearly, among many things, they were missing directors who knew what the f*ck they were doing. Oh yeah, and it might have helped if the main director wasn't such a disgrace.

EDIT: Yep, you can blame it on laughably poor choreography (which itself isn't terribly expensive) and lazy half-assed direction. ILM and Kerner Optical were doing the effects. There is no excuse for the crap we saw in Last Airbender.
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.

Last edited by Fledermaus; 07-06-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #48
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

I don't really plan on seeing this movie, and I don't really know the cartoon, but I have a question regarding its not so goodness.

Being as the two companies behind this movie, which is also based on an existing franchise are the same doing our new fave movie in two years, how did they do?

I understand that the acting and characters were crap, but that might just be M. night being a ****** director. As anyone who might be a fan of the original content, how did they do in terms of serving it justice?? Did they stray from the content and if so how?
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #49
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Being as the two companies behind this movie, which is also based on an existing franchise are the same doing our new fave movie in two years, how did they do?
Are you trying to say that Last Airbender's sh*tiness might rub off on the next ninja turtle movie? That's quite a stretch.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #50
Katie
Just...way too serious.

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=18501.0

......so you can answer your questions about hardcore fans and sticking to the story source material and whatnot.... ((damn if there isn't a forum for everything))

But I agree that just cause this movie is apparently very sh!tty it sdoesn't mean the next TMNT will be.

I liked the tv show.....I could tell from the trailers this was one that I wouldn't care to see
Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #51
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I really didn't think it was as bad as everyone is saying, I thought the movie was quite beautiful.
The acting was pretty bad and the pace was slow at times but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would after reading everything I did about this movie.
I'd have to give it a c+
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #52
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I thought the movie was pretty, but it's biggest crime to me was character development. I went in not knowing the characters, left not knowing the characters, with few exceptions.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #53
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Are you trying to say that Last Airbender's sh*tiness might rub off on the next ninja turtle movie? That's quite a stretch.
I am not exactly saying that no, I'm just saying these are the same people who will be making the next Turtle movie. (NOT M Night, I mean Paramount and Nick) Just keep in mind that Paramount has a lot more pull than you can possibly imagine, so if their execs want to change everything about Turtles, they can do what ever they want... Just saying... But we cross our fingers and hope for the best Turtle movie ever!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:54 AM   #54
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I love Avatar and was excited for this movie, the teaser seemed great. I was not happy that the cast being different races (no brown Katara?!) but I liked Avatar enough to give it a chance. I saw reviews but didn't care and wanted to give it a chance since I thought it could still be good. Watched it, hated it. It's been 8 years and I felt like watching it again:

Cast: I'm so annoyed when they change the race of characters for no reason but they're horrible actors even with them being the wrong race. None of the characters are any good, none of them, seriously.

Rushed: I know it's adapting a whole season in only one movie but I still feel like it could've been done much better, they set ups of important characters are so rushed and the random drops of important information in just some random dialog as if it weren't that important to give you more context just doesn't work at all. It doesn't feel like an adventure of getting to a goal, they just go from set piece to set piece every other scene and you're not sure of what's happening.

Boring: The music is boring, not enough comedy, the uniforms are all dull which doesn't help, the dialog is stiff and bad. I don't care for any of the characters, they never form a relationship, if I didn't know their history from the show I literally would care less about them, I can't imagine what people who didn't watch the show even think of the characters, they skip character defining/building moments so you don't understand how they got from point A to point B.

Dark: The movie is too dark, it needed more color, more light hearted moments. I like dark movies and Avatar being darker is fine even in a kids movie but it doesn't work here, it makes it boring: see above.

Some details are good: I liked Aangs tattoo for example, some of the visuals are great, specifically some moments did capture the essence of key moments of the show but so few and far and they don't emote the same feelings they did.

Man this feels like those 80s and 90s movies where they don't understand the source material and just make a movie. How did M Night Shyamalan... get it so bad? He seemed to be a fan of the show on the DVDs and understood it well. I know he has talked about returning for a sequel like 2 years ago but that's not going to happen. I think enough time has passed that people would be ok with a reboot that keeps it more faithful to the source material. Kids who grew up with the show are getting in the stage where this is nostalgic.

updated the review of Avatar The Last Airbender live action movie on MIscrave

Last edited by sdp; 02-06-2020 at 07:43 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #55
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I like dissing on bad movies as much as the next guy, but did you really need to resurrect an 8-year old thread, though?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #56
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I like dissing on bad movies as much as the next guy, but did you really need to resurrect an 8-year old thread, though?
I know right! I even thought that maybe there was another movie or something.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #57
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I know right! I even thought that maybe there was another movie or something.
this was my first thought This movie was so bad it killed the franchise (In movie terms, hindered the rest of the franchise)

People think that Platinum Dunes TMNT are bad or killing TMNT remember it could be worse, ATLA worse haha
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #58
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I don't know man, that movie was so terrible I think we do need a reminder 8 years out of the gate.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #59
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
this was my first thought This movie was so bad it killed the franchise (In movie terms, hindered the rest of the franchise)

People think that Platinum Dunes TMNT are bad or killing TMNT remember it could be worse, ATLA worse haha
Well the Platinum Dunes TMNT were a bit better. They at least got a sequel. The ATLA was so bad, that not only did they leave the movie on a cliff hanger, but the sequel got cancel shortly after the movie release. Perhaps had ATLA been Platinum Dunes TMNT bad, they could of at least got a sequel lol.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #60
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Well the Platinum Dunes TMNT were a bit better. They at least got a sequel. The ATLA was so bad, that not only did they leave the movie on a cliff hanger, but the sequel got cancel shortly after the movie release. Perhaps had ATLA been Platinum Dunes TMNT bad, they could of at least got a sequel lol.
Yeah that what I meant. If I remember ATLA was suppose to be a trilogy and got cancelled bc of how bad it was.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote