The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #3821
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's no problem with them being crime fighters in kids cartoons, as long as they're not actively seeking out crime to stop. They didn't do that in the Fred Wolf cartoon either, they mostly sat in the lair watching VHS of monster movies until Shredder/Krang came up with their next scheme to take over the world or repower the Technodrome.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #3822
sdp
Megan Fox = April

All the turtles are for the most part crime fighters even if accidental, the OT didn't really patrol or anything like it, but if they saw news about something they'd check it out. 2k3 and other incarnations have them patrolling.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:00 PM   #3823
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Five year olds or the very easily pleased obviously.
Isn't that the target audience for this.

I actually agree that this looks like a pile of crap but we're not the audience who is going to make or break this.

I have doubts that there's been enough time since the Nick show ended and turnover of potential new fans that this can hook in without the previous version casting a shadow over it. I also worry that the need to re-invent the wheel so drastically doesn't do the brand much good but frankly it's all going to rest on whether kids like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't like the idea of the turtles not being ninjas yet but I guess it's something we've never really seen so it could work.

It didn't really strike me as all that different to usual Splinter speeches telling the turtles they are not ready to fight or their training is not yet complete which is staple of the franchise.

Although it and the title of the show could imply that they'll end up becoming ninjas by the series end. I've seen some speculation they'll drop all the extraneous crap and adopt their traditional look and weapons. I'm not sure why they would though, after all if you've got ultra cool high tech weapons and mystical powers why would you stop using them in exchange for nunchuks and bo staff etc? Of course being proper ninjas in this show could mean even more mystical abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
All the turtles are for the most part crime fighters even if accidental, the OT didn't really patrol or anything like it, but if they saw news about something they'd check it out. 2k3 and other incarnations have them patrolling.
I'm sure the turtles did patrol in the '87 show. I specifically remember Beneath These Streets had Splinter sending the turtles to patrol the streets. I don't remember actual patrolling in the 2k2 show outside of Raph tagging along with Casey who is a crimefighter and the cod superhero episodes with Mike as the Turtle Titan. Their 'patrolling' the city was done in the form of the turtles getting exercise and "blowing off steam" by jumping the rooftops of Manhattan.

But yeah the turtles are supposed to at best be quasi or as you put it accidental crime fighters. I wouldn't mind a version where they are proper crime fighters but there should be a reason for it, that's what is missing in a lot of the non comic versions.

Last edited by Galactus; 03-23-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:27 PM   #3824
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I wouldn't mind a version where they are proper crime fighters but there should be a reason for it, that's what is missing in a lot of the non comic versions.
In the case of making them crime fighting heroes, I've always just taken it as them finding a niche they fit into and a greater purpose for themselves in the world/society/city they quietly live within and a way to feel more a part of it, though it would be nice to see that actually addressed.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #3825
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Here's the Youtube version

Looks good. The style reminds me of Ducktales.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #3826
Sumac
Banned

Animation is ugly and choppy.
Designs are ugly as well. The only turtle who looks normal is Mike.
Other characters look like they can belong to any other modern TV show.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #3827
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

...Was apprehensive, but after seeing the trailer, I'm on board.

CHOO CHOO!
Old 03-23-2018, 07:08 PM   #3828
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I can see kids loving this series. It's colorful, action packed, witty and quirky.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #3829
shihe
Hench Mutant

I watched this teaser several times.

I think I can get over the choppy animation, because there were glimpses of some fast paced fighting action (Raph vs Meatsweats exchanging punches!)

I'm really liking what I saw. I know it's going to be a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people, but I will love this show. Leonardo is my favorite turtle here, but everyone has a charm of their own.
Michaelangelo was surprisingly bland-ish. Unless I just got used to the ridiculously upbeat Mikey from 2012.

Can't wait for this show. Hope they make some 6cms high figures of this, because I need to keep adding them to my growing collection.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #3830
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, most of the animation budget is definitely going toward the action scenes...which look very intense and stylized compared to the non-action scenes.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #3831
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, most of the animation budget is definitely going toward the action scenes...which look very intense and stylized compared to the non-action scenes.
Eh they look alright, in some instances they look good but in others they are kinda cheap looking(the part where Raph fights the giant brute for example)
Old 03-23-2018, 10:55 PM   #3832
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Action looks decent, and I dig Ben Schwartz as Leo so far.

Still unsure about how I feel overall about this show though.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #3833
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:

PD Turtles reference?

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
Old 03-24-2018, 06:02 AM   #3834
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Loved the animation, action and overall expressions. The voice acting was fine as well with the animation, still not a fan of the designs of the Turtles and Splinter.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #3835
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I've a LMGTFY question, but is anyone familiar with the animation house producing this?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:10 AM   #3836
Vicky82
Emperor

Apparently there's going to be a preview shown at the KCA tonight. I assume it's not the teaser trailer that was uploaded yesterday.

TMNT@TMNT
7m
Drop in & watch #KCA on @Nickelodeon tonight to see the cowabunga cast & a preview from Rise of the #TMNT 👀🐢

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/977575872491347968

Old 03-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #3837
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Here's the Youtube version

Honestly, even though i hate leos, dons, and splinters designs, i can get used to donnies (though his skull annoys the crap out of me, it doesnt look that bad in some angles) and i guess i can get used to leos even if the markings stand out like a sore thumb... Splinters on the other hand, no way!

Ignoring the size, raph actually looks kinda cool. Excluding the character designs, i like the animation style even if it is kinda jerky at some points. The writing sounds decent (wont make any more opinions on it til some eps air for a better idea). The actors will take some getting used to though.

Regarding leos "one liners", really? Some of his new personality "traits" kinda fit him in a cool interesting way even if its not under the "potential leader traits" but pass on the one liners.

Going back to the character designs briefly, on leos/dons body markings and mikeys body paint, is it just me or does it kinda look like their spiritual markings during the tribunal eps?
Old 03-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #3838
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
Explain, not really seeing it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #3839
Powder
So tired of this place

The scene from OOTS when Raph & Mike were in the police station, they were hiding on the ceiling in the same poses.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #3840
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Mirage TMNT were never designated crimefighters.
And this isn't Mirage. I thought that was obvious.

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters