The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #821
stcardinal
Foot Soldier

I am glad I was able to get a set because having perfect 7" representations of the 90s Henson Turtles is essentially a holy grail for me as a figure collector and a TMNT fan. I resisted the urge to get two sets because that's just not how I am. I would feel guilty scalping it or holding it hostage in storage. Nor do I ever plan on selling my personal set which will grow to have intrinsic value to me. While I am afraid I'll get a bum set (I've been badly burned by NECA before *cough*WB Superheroes*cough*), I also know NECA has had a track record of trying to do things right by customers and they have come through for me in the most dire situations. Thanks NECA!

You guys have no idea how prepared I tried to be to buy this set. I know many have shared their stories but I literally did dry runs the day before and morning of and timed myself like a pit crew to make sure I could order and checkout in under 2 minutes. I am not even going to regret saying that if anyone deserved a set, it was me because of how many times I practiced and meticulously prepared myself. I had ordered the Arcade set from NECA before and I don't recall it being that difficult, but I HAD TO GET THIS SET.

To my surprise, it sold out way too last the first day. I got caught in the "waiting queue" despite adding it to cart right at 10:00:08 when they first appeared in the product list page. At first I thought I was good but when I tried to submit my payment (the final step) it gave me an error saying it had sold out. I was totally dumbstruck and devastated. Instead of complaining about it and cussing NECA out, I did a postmortem (I think I know why, but I am not going to reveal my secrets ) on what went wrong and willed myself to be even faster the next day.

The next day came and I was able to order a set rather anti-climatically. I may have only been faster by 6 seconds, but I wasn't hit with any queue and the pages loaded and transacted normally as if I was the only one buying it. Just for fun I stuck around to see how fast they'd sell out and sure enough after 2 minutes both sets sold out. I think the added speed may have come from other collectors not trying to get the other exclusives because compared to day 1, those didn't sell out right away. The transaction actually went so smooth I almost didn't believe my order went through and even to this day (having already paid, and the money deducted from my bank account) I am still a bit paranoid my order didn't go through.

For fun I decided to attempt to place an "order" on the last day. I noticed the normal set actually sold out just as fast if not faster! I imagine those who missed out tried a bit harder this time around to acquire theirs. The Dio set hung around a minute longer and if I had gone ahead with my order I would have been able to buy 2 Dio sets by going through the entire shopping experience twice. People who wanted this set and missed out have nothing to complain about. But I feel for those who missed out on the normal set. The frustration is definitely warranted, because it boiled down to a race of not minutes or even seconds but milliseconds.

With that said, I am sure NECA will have another opportunity for people to order this online again, if not during NYCC maybe Black Friday.

Don't buy from scalpers. I think collectors who buy multiples to horder/trade/keep in box are just as bad as scalpers. But I also think a limit of 2 is fair. It's not NECA's fault. It's not the website's fault. I hope everyone that wants one can get one at retail price because this is an amazing set and I can't wait to get mine.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #822
Powder
So tired of this place

So many posts in a row from people without avatars! Get some pics so I can more easily tell ya's apart!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #823
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
So many posts in a row from people without avatars! Get some pics so I can more easily tell ya's apart!
Trying to discreetly put together a secret santa list, are we? It's okay you're secret is safe with me. I won't say a word...
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #824
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
Welcome to the Technodrome..... we get along like you would expect people gathered in a technodrome get along. Think Beebop and Rocksteady from the TMNT animated series. Sometimes we are buds but most time we are mad at each other for being the dumber one.
This is PERFECTLY ACCURATE!

I literally laughed so hard at this. When I first joined I didn't understand it either....but this....this is SO perfect.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #825
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther10 View Post
Trying to discreetly put together a secret santa list, are we? It's okay you're secret is safe with me. I won't say a word...
You know what? We should do a secret santa thing this year! I can try and set it up. (there are websites that do most of it). I do the Reddit one and a few other secret santas on weird website forums and they can be fun. One of my sites some guy sent an entire completed engine block to a guy-we all had a good laugh over that one.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #826
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
Welcome to the Technodrome..... we get along like you would expect people gathered in a technodrome get along. Think Beebop and Rocksteady from the TMNT animated series. Sometimes we are buds but most time we are mad at each other for being the dumber one.
This is the best thing I've read in this thread... maybe the whole forum

As someone who got two diorama sets on the last day, I originally intended on one diorama and one of the regular sets... after two days of being unable to secure that I thought maybe if I just did two dioramas I could get my cart filled quicker and check out that much faster and thank God it worked.

I'm a one for play and one for display kind of collector, so in retrospect I'm kinda glad it worked out that way. Almost everything in my collection I have two of. My Mondo turtles, the 1/4 scale NECAs, last years SDCC 30th anniversary set, Robotechs, and Figuarts... but anyway, I don't know where I read the rules I read, but it certainly wasn't twitter because I'm not on Twitter and it was pretty clear to me the rules for buying multiple sets (that it was 2 of each the same, or one of each kind) I'm pretty sure it may have been Facebook. I'm not arguing the rules on the site may have been vague, but I didn't look there at the time and I had already seen the question asked many times on social media so I didn't need to. I am happy to see that they did screen the orders, but it does suck for those who may have misinterpreted the rules. My advice would be to ask the question if you weren't sure of the answer on that. Especially with limited releases like this... it's easy to predict that they would strictly enforce some sort of limitation policy and it's better to be safe than sorry.

In any case, I'm sure they didn't catch them all anyway. I'd guess more than likely blatant offenders with known store fronts or online retailers, ebay or otherwise.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #827
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Somebody on Twitter just dared them to make a SDCC exclusive Randy figure for next year. I'd buy that, anyone else?
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #828
Powder
So tired of this place

Uh, hell no?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #829
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Somebody on Twitter just dared them to make a SDCC exclusive Randy figure for next year. I'd buy that, anyone else?
only if its in a two pack with Pixel Dan
Old 06-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #830
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
only if its in a two pack with Pixel Dan
And once again, Zach Ryder is declared the designated odd man out in the Neca bromance love triangle....
Old 06-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #831
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
And once again, Zach Ryder is declared the designated odd man out in the Neca bromance love triangle....
But doesn't he already have an action figure?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:04 PM   #832
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Anyone know when these are supposed to ship?

I just want a Danny figure. Sorry I mean...."Dan".
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #833
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post

Danny isn't included in the 7" set
Old 06-19-2018, 09:29 PM   #834
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Danny isn't included in the 7" set

What about Charles Pennington?
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:39 AM   #835
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:

What about Charles Pennington?
its just the 4 turtles
Old 06-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #836
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Danny (Dan), Charles, April, Sterns 4 pack. Do a Keno by himself; maybe with his scooter.

Probably never happen, but would be nice.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:55 PM   #837
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Danny (Dan), Charles, April, Sterns 4 pack. Do a Keno by himself; maybe with his scooter.

Probably never happen, but would be nice.
yeah wouldn't get hopes up on that one
Old 06-20-2018, 06:16 PM   #838
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:

The week after SDCC. Link:

https://thenecastore.com/pages/2018-...-pre-order-faq
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:33 PM   #839
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

I want a wave of NECA Keno, Super Shredder, Professor Perry & Vanilla Ice
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #840
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I would prefere splinter first, then shredder, then casey figure and then maybe foot soldier, everything else is not as desired by me and would be great to have different heads set for turtles.