The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #121
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Obviously the mecha were inspired by TMNT but i thought it would be an elseworlds type story where here the TMNT were robots and not real and then when I saw the kids come out I thought similarly and it wasn't until Mikey came out that we can confirm that this universe did have a more traditional TMNT team many moons ago.

How many shorts are we getting? I'm guessing 5 or so. So far I liked this one. From last year we had one that I really liked, one that was forgettable and one that was alright.

EDIT:

We need a separate thread for each short, I mean come on, we're a fandom god damnit, we should be giving fanon names to the four mecha TMNT pilots, I mean that's what makes fandoms geeky and fun.

Last edited by sdp; 06-05-2017 at 04:33 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:07 PM   #122
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
We need a separate thread for each short, I mean come on, we're a fandom god damnit, we should be giving fanon names to the four mecha TMNT pilots, I mean that's what makes fandoms geeky and fun.
Why would you do that when they have actual names? Basque and Jackson at least are called out in the short itself (along with Grimm, the wolf), and all of the characters with speaking roles are mentioned in the credits.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 06-05-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #123
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Pretty decent short all around. Seeing Mikey in a Splinter type of role was pretty sweet.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:16 AM   #124
neatoman
Emperor

I am kind of curious about how this particular setting ended up being. How'd the human kids end up being trained by Mikey? Why is the world full of mutants? Would this have the Utrom Shredder given the theme? etc.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #125
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Mikey may have kidnapped them like the Christmas special
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:56 AM   #126
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

I have realized now that Jackson has an orthopedic leg
Now I want to know what happened when he lost it
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #127
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Does that wolf seem familiar to anyone? I have no idea, doesn't look anything like Rahzar or Dreadmon.
I was thinking more like Wolfrun from smile precure.... then again, it's a very generic wolf design.

Last edited by Allio; 06-06-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:03 PM   #128
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I am kind of curious about how this particular setting ended up being. How'd the human kids end up being trained by Mikey? Why is the world full of mutants? Would this have the Utrom Shredder given the theme? etc.
I am, too. In one way, I'd like to think this is a continuation/spinoff of 2012's continuity. But with no backstory information, it's anybody's guess.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 06-06-2017 at 12:03 PM. Reason: i have a headache and can't spell
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #129
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I am, too. In one way, I'd like to think this is a continuation/spinoff of 2012's continuity. But with no backstory information, it's anybody's guess.
Yeah, all the shorts are likely standalone from both each other and any of the cartoons. Some of the upcoming ones just look like parodies. We'll see nods to certain series or characters but that's all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #130
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I was a little confused on the feminine voices until the mech pilots were revealed. It was a neat little twist and I have to say enjoyed it, but as a stand alone series I don't think this idea would last too long before it got shelved. It would inevitably become too involved in the "human teenager life crisis" issues with school/crushes/social lives that would take away from the whole feel of a TMNT series and turn it into another "teen super hero/vigilante" thing like Ben 10, Static Shock, Danny Phantom, or the plethora of other series I could name, but with a nostalgic sensei to plug it into the TMNT Universe. (So yea... Batman Beyond) Maybe I'm being too harsh, but as a stand alone episode or short I thought it was great.

It would be cool if they released a little compilation DVD of all the shorts once they're out. I have the ones from SDCC downloaded into my phone and I'll freely admit I've probably watched Don Vs Raph about 50 times now between waiting to get my oil changed and lunch breaks.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:18 AM   #131
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I was a little confused on the feminine voices until the mech pilots were revealed. It was a neat little twist and I have to say enjoyed it, but as a stand alone series I don't think this idea would last too long before it got shelved. It would inevitably become too involved in the "human teenager life crisis" issues with school/crushes/social lives that would take away from the whole feel of a TMNT series and turn it into another "teen super hero/vigilante" thing like Ben 10, Static Shock, Danny Phantom, or the plethora of other series I could name, but with a nostalgic sensei to plug it into the TMNT Universe. (So yea... Batman Beyond) Maybe I'm being too harsh, but as a stand alone episode or short I thought it was great.

It would be cool if they released a little compilation DVD of all the shorts once they're out. I have the ones from SDCC downloaded into my phone and I'll freely admit I've probably watched Don Vs Raph about 50 times now between waiting to get my oil changed and lunch breaks.
Or it could be like Extream Ghost Busters where even though the main focus of the story were the kids that Egon was teaching. There were times where the other Ghost Busters would appear as well.

After all, the end of the short did nothing to indicate that Leo, Raph, and Donnie weren't alive somewhere. At best the Turtles would have all gone their separate ways as they grew older and would have likely established their own team of students to carry on their legacy as ninja in some form.

All four of the teenagers in the mecha turtles story line did have some of the core aspects of each of the Turtles.

Such as the girl who was similar to Mikey was childish, and a peacekeeper much like her Turtle counterpart.

Basque is a pacifist and the smart one of the team like Donnie. He doesn't like to fight, but will if he has to. In this case, he is more of a gentle giant, personality.

The girl who represents Raph is the Leader of the team or has established herself as leader of the team, whereas Raph was more or less was a second Lieutenant to Leo's leadership. And much like her counterpart, she does get into spats with Leo's counterpart.

And lastly, Jackson who is the second in command of the team. Much like Leonardo he is clearly the oldest member and the most dedicated to the teachings they have received.

There is certainly a lot for fan writers to work with here.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:30 AM   #132
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

That was such an original take on a franchise with so many constants. I loved that short. The twist at the very end even caught me off guard. Very Batman Beyond-y, and I always get a kick out of Batman Beyond.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #133
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
That was such an original take on a franchise with so many constants. I loved that short. The twist at the very end even caught me off guard. Very Batman Beyond-y, and I always get a kick out of Batman Beyond.
Was it really that unpredictable though? Two of them clearly had effeminate voices, not women cast to sound like boys.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #134
CyberCubed
Overlord

When's the next short coming? Are these going to be once a week?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #135
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When's the next short coming? Are these going to be once a week?
Yeah every Sunday, I think there's 6 shorts.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #136
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

No, next short will be airing 06/18.
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=83&aid=zap2it
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #137
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
No, next short will be airing 06/18.
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=83&aid=zap2it
There are shorts airing this Sunday but it's Pizza Friday and Turtles Take Time and Space.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #138
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Ok, next new short will be airing 06/18.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #139
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Finally watched the 1st short, I thought it was interesting, So it takes place in the future, and apparently there are a lot of mutants in NY, and Michelangelo turns out to be the Master, whose training these teenage humans, who are driving these Mechs.

With this short taking place in 2090, Its kind of sad knowing that Mikey is the last survivor of the TMNT, his brothers probably perished at some point in that timeline, and he was the only one left, so he gets 4 kids to take on the mantle to continue the legacy.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 06-07-2017 at 01:49 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #140
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah every Sunday, I think there's 6 shorts.
That's a good thing about TMNT it has a way of molding itself into whatever genre it's trying to convey. It doesn't always succeed, but even the attempt has some interest.

Tags
lay off the crack smoking