The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 02-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #501
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I really wish I had the funds to collect these, as it sounds like I would really enjoy it. Any news on if they are bringing the marriage back for real?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:37 AM   #502
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I really wish I had the funds to collect these, as it sounds like I would really enjoy it. Any news on if they are bringing the marriage back for real?
They're teasing it presently, but I think there's going to be a catch and they'll hold off a bit longer. The year's still young so we'll see.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:19 PM   #503
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Been off the grid for awhile. Still liking the series so far, but I'm not sure that Houser's work is catching me as much as Conway and Stegman's did.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #504
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Been off the grid for awhile. Still liking the series so far, but I'm not sure that Houser's work is catching me as much as Conway and Stegman's did.
I recently saw the April sales and it's selling at 17K. The only other book that sells lower is Scarlet Spider.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #505
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I recently saw the April sales and it's selling at 17K. The only other book that sells lower is Scarlet Spider.
I see. It seems like it's always seesawed in sales, but this isn't encouraging.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #506
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I see. It seems like it's always seesawed in sales, but this isn't encouraging.
It's always seesawed, but there were times it stayed in the top 100 more consistently than others, and sometimes when it wasn't, it was due to other factors like relaunches of other titles or new titles that knocked it it out of the charts.

Now I don't think that's an excuse anymore. The book isn't gelling with a lot of people.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #507
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What happened to it selling as well as Amazing?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:08 PM   #508
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It's always seesawed, but there were times it stayed in the top 100 more consistently than others, and sometimes when it wasn't, it was due to other factors like relaunches of other titles or new titles that knocked it it out of the charts.

Now I don't think that's an excuse anymore. The book isn't gelling with a lot of people.
That could be. Nothing lasts forever. While I will miss it greatly (only new Spidey series I can get into, what with OMD and all), I have picked up other series since RYV started and am also picking up ASM Epic Collections and the upcoming Spider-Girl Complete Collections, so it's not like I'll be out of "new" Spidey stuff and my wallet could use one less expense.

What will be will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What happened to it selling as well as Amazing?
My understanding is that it only did that it's first month, where #1 outsold ASM (due to being new, variants, and/or whatever other factors). Since then, it's either been middle 100s, low 100, or below 100s.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:04 AM   #509
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
That could be. Nothing lasts forever. While I will miss it greatly (only new Spidey series I can get into, what with OMD and all), I have picked up other series since RYV started and am also picking up ASM Epic Collections and the upcoming Spider-Girl Complete Collections, so it's not like I'll be out of "new" Spidey stuff and my wallet could use one less expense.
That's good. Mayday needs the support, as apparently sales of the Spider-Girl trades are key to keeping it afloat, Tom DeFalco said Marvel will pull the plug on the collections if sales are bad

Quote:
[My understanding is that it only did that it's first month, where #1 outsold ASM (due to being new, variants, and/or whatever other factors). Since then, it's either been middle 100s, low 100, or below 100s.
The only other time it beat ASM was during the Legacy boost/time jump also.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #510
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So it looks like there's a Spider-Verse sequel in the works called Spidergeddon, which will start sometime in the fall...this could be when RYV crosses over with 616

I'm hoping that this is'nt just going to give Marvel an excuse to axe the title and kill the Spider-Family off, what I could maybe see is the version of Mayday Parker affected by Spider-Verse coming back and bonding with Annie, and trying to ensure that what happened to her dad does'nt happen to Annie's parents
Old 05-25-2018, 04:32 AM   #511
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Preview of next week's issue

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/spide...-message-35444

We're going back in time to the first era of RYV, back when Annie was a kid, to tell the tale of what happened when Peter and MJ went on vacation, leaving Annie behind to be babysat by Wolverine.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #512
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
So it looks like there's a Spider-Verse sequel in the works called Spidergeddon, which will start sometime in the fall...this could be when RYV crosses over with 616

I'm hoping that this is'nt just going to give Marvel an excuse to axe the title and kill the Spider-Family off, what I could maybe see is the version of Mayday Parker affected by Spider-Verse coming back and bonding with Annie, and trying to ensure that what happened to her dad does'nt happen to Annie's parents
Not really interested in the event, nor do I really like it when series I follow tie into events. Agreed that I hope this isn't the end of RYV, in any case.

Quote:
Preview of next week's issue

We're going back in time to the first era of RYV, back when Annie was a kid, to tell the tale of what happened when Peter and MJ went on vacation, leaving Annie behind to be babysat by Wolverine.
This looks better than the previous arc, IMHO.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #513
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
This looks better than the previous arc, IMHO.
It looks like a lot of the focus will be on Peter and MJ and their respective inner thoughts on one another, which is something the book has been lacking for a good few months now in favor of focusing on Annie
Old 05-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #514
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I think I'll consider RYV#19 the REAL 800th issue of ASM. It gave me everything I could possibly want. Comfy Peter/MJ focus and moments with minimal focus on Annie, and it seemed to be inspired a bit by two recent newspaper strip arcs.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #516
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Hope that doesn't go bad. Personally, I don't like these crossover event stories very much and I've seen plenty of worry on the CBR forums that this event might be the end of the RYV series (either because the RYV Parkers are killed off here or otherwise).
Old 06-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #517
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Hope that doesn't go bad. Personally, I don't like these crossover event stories very much and I've seen plenty of worry on the CBR forums that this event might be the end of the RYV series (either because the RYV Parkers are killed off here or otherwise).
Christos Gage is often held in high regard, and seeing as Nick Spencer isn't writing it, I assume it's just going to be a safe tie-in to the animated Spider-Verse movie...I hope anyway.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #518
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Interesting revelation in today's issue

Spoiler:
Turns out the Clone Saga happened here after all, and Annie is indeed the second child for the Parkers, as Mary Jane's miscarriage is canon too
Old 07-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #519
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Saw online that the series is (probably going to be canceled). Not the news I wanted to hear at all.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #520
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Saw online that the series is (probably going to be canceled). Not the news I wanted to hear at all.
It could be in response to the possibility of the marriage being restored in 616 continuity. If that does happen the primary purpose for this comic is unnecessary. Of course this will take away their child and all the dynamics that Annie brings to the fold, but I am pulling this comic for one reason, the marriage of Peter and Mary Jane.

Tags
spider-man, spider-marriage returns