bushido
Stone Warrior

TMNT Universe #17 Preview and Discussion

Preview here.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I was wondering where this post was!

And...very concerned about where the direction that the second part of "Triceratots!" is going to go
Old 12-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Eh. More interested for #18.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Eh. More interested for #18.
Same. I appreciate the work this two-part story is doing to flesh-out the Triceratons' backstory but it hasn't really pulled me in like other story arcs have.

Service Animals, on the other hand, interests me greatly. And the one-shot coming before that, wth the Turtles putting their stealth skills to good use
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I actually think some of the problems with the Triceratons are the same that I actually have with Leatherhead. That being:
Far too little, far too late.

Which makes their eventual uprisings/devourings less impactful.

We're only told very, very, very little of Leatherhead's backstory. Just that he had been Krang's prisoner that was occasionally tormented. Sure it could work, but we've barely seen him enough to care. I even th

Likewise, we barely know Zog and Zom. They're not characters we've been following for ages, and thus their decision to rebel is uninteresting. It seems "cliffnotes". Even the entire rebellion is uninteresting, especially when Krang never acknowledges it and only credits the collapse of his homeworld exclusively to Quanin. It feels a bit like the rebellion was a last-second patch on the story.

You'd think that would have made Krang think twice about his treatment of Leatherhead. He's supposed to be a genius warlord, but it never crossed him that maybe it would be best to not to prod at the thousand-pound aggressive reptile? With this one being a touch more dangerous since it's a carnivore and not a herbivore? I even think that this is why Leatherhead would have been better suited as Krang's "ward" and for Krang to have died in combat against Maligna (I'd rather that than having him stand around whining until the last minute)

That being said...BRING ON THE ZODI!
Old 12-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think it's issues without the Turtles that also make some issues less engaging, at least for me. I enjoyed the Karai mini even though it had no Turtles, but when it's just about other characters like Triceratons or random mutants aside from maybe the Mutanimals, it's a bit harder to get into. I hope the Turtles appear in more of Universe going forward.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I think the point of Universe is to put more spotlight on non-turtles characters, though?
It is.

Quote:
I actually think some of the problems with the Triceratons are the same that I actually have with Leatherhead. That being:
Far too little, far too late.

Which makes their eventual uprisings/devourings less impactful.

Likewise, we barely know Zog and Zom. They're not characters we've been following for ages, and thus their decision to rebel is uninteresting. It seems "cliffnotes". Even the entire rebellion is uninteresting, especially when Krang never acknowledges it and only credits the collapse of his homeworld exclusively to Quanin. It feels a bit like the rebellion was a last-second patch on the story.

You'd think that would have made Krang think twice about his treatment of Leatherhead. He's supposed to be a genius warlord, but it never crossed him that maybe it would be best to not to prod at the thousand-pound aggressive reptile? With this one being a touch more dangerous since it's a carnivore and not a herbivore? I even think that this is why Leatherhead would have been better suited as Krang's "ward" and for Krang to have died in combat against Maligna (I'd rather that than having him stand around whining until the last minute)

That being said...BRING ON THE ZODI!
I dunno, I disagree. Since we first saw the Triceratons in Utrom Empire I was interested in their story, and we saw then that the Triceratons were not happy about being thralls and were on the cusp of rebelling (indeed, with some of them turning earlier than others).

Quote:
We're only told very, very, very little of Leatherhead's backstory. Just that he had been Krang's prisoner that was occasionally tormented. Sure it could work, but we've barely seen him enough to care. I even th
???
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote