The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 12-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Ghostbusters: Crossing Over

http://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/...m-every-ghost/

Quote:
Extreme Ghostbusters. Real Ghostbusters. New Ghostbusters. ALL of them.

If you thought IDW’s recent comic book cross-over between the original Ghostbusters and the all-female remake Ghostbusters was cool, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

As revealed by io9 today, next year’s Ghostbusters: Crossing Over will unite every single ghost-busting team we’ve seen to date, and unleash every single ghost!

“Written by Erik Burnham and with art by Dan Schoening, Crossing Over will be set in the wake of previous team-ups between the original Ghostbuster team of the first two movies and the all-female team of the 2016 reboot. Those team-ups were facilitated by the original team accidentally creating their own interdimensional portal (as they’re wont to do)… technology the team has yet to share with other members of the ghostbusting multiverse.

Naturally, this makes Jillian Holtzmann and Ron Alexander (of the Chicago branch of the Ghostbusters introduced in IDW’s second volume of comics) jealous, so they build a portal of their own—one that inadvertently unleashes every ghost ever contained in their containment units, so it’s a good thing they now have two portals with which to connect every Ghostbuster team ever, from the comics to the video games to the cartoon series, to help collect the ghostly threats.”

The first issue of Crossing Over will arrive on March 28.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Lmao I'd spit out my drink if they bring in the Filmation Ghostbusters only cause I know they can't.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That's a lot of f***ing Ghostbusters. What do they mean the Extreme Ghostbusters and the Real Ghostbusters, though? Do they mean it's the Real Ghostbusters from the time of the Extreme Ghostbusters, since that's the same universe, or both teams in their prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Lmao I'd spit out my drink if they bring in the Filmation Ghostbusters only cause I know they can't.
Why not? IDW is pretty savvy about cutting deals. And the Filmation Ghostbusters license would probably only cost about $5.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:46 PM   #4
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why not? IDW is pretty savvy about cutting deals. And the Filmation Ghostbusters license would probably only cost about $5.
Universal owns the Filmation Ghostbusters now, so maybe not.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's a lot of f***ing Ghostbusters. What do they mean the Extreme Ghostbusters and the Real Ghostbusters, though? Do they mean it's the Real Ghostbusters from the time of the Extreme Ghostbusters, since that's the same universe, or both teams in their prime?
Most likely both in their prime.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Including the Turtle Ghostbusters?