The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Disney/Pixar's Soul (2020)

Quote:
Disney announced this morning that its Pixar film for next summer is Soul. The studio already had June 19 RSVP’ed on the 2020 calendar for an untitled Pixar movie, and this is it.

Soul will be the second original Pixar film next year after Onward, which bows March 6.

The tagline for Soul: Ever wonder where your passion, your dreams and your interests come from? What is it that makes you … you?” Directed by two-time Oscar winner Pete Docter (Up, Inside Out), the film takes place between New York City and the cosmic realms. Dana Murray, an Oscar nominee for her animated short film Lou, is producing.

Soul is opening up against Universal’s untitled Judd Apatow/Pete Davidson comedy next year.

This Friday, Disney/Pixar opens Toy Story 4 which will end a three-week drought of sequel failures at the box office as the film is expected to gross between $160M-$200M. In recent summers, a Pixar movie will often neighbor aside another big rival live-action tentpole like Jurassic World or Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Next year, Soul precedes Paramount’s long-awaited Top Gun movie. Warner Bros. also has their feature adaptation of Tony-winning Broadway musical In the Heights opening on June 19, 2020.
https://deadline.com/2019/06/soul-pi...te-1202634880/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
raph27
Mad Scientist

Glad to see more original stuff is coming from Pixar. I'm sure Toy Story 4 will be great, but after what seems like a string of sequels I'm glad they're balancing out.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Might be interesting but would like more information.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:08 PM   #4
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So...Inside Out but even more inside?
Old 08-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Details from D23. Jaime Fox voices the lead, a jazz musician who unexpectedly dies on his way to a gig and finds himself in a cosmic seminar in the afterlife where he befriends someone who thinks life on Earth sucks.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/24/20...U_Zz0g5lvPRem8
Old 10-08-2020, 07:53 PM   #8
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Headed to Disney Plus on Christmas Day. There is no additional charge like there was for Mulan.

Quote:
Pixar’s “Soul” is skipping theaters and will debut exclusively on Disney Plus in time for Christmas. The animated family film will launch on the streaming service on Dec. 25. In international markets where Disney Plus isn’t available, “Soul” will be released theatrically on a yet-to-be determined date.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/p...us-1234773525/
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:59 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
There is no additional charge like there was for Mulan.
For me, there is never any charge at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:38 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
stop gloating about how much you Pirate movies .

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-08-2020 at 09:13 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:05 AM   #11
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I am actually looking forward to this, especially after watching Onward. I really disliked toy story 4, and there has been some real mediocre films, like finding dory and cars 3.

I highly advise giving Onward a watch if you can, it's one of the better pixar films.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:07 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Disney are reorganizing, now say the amount of money movies can potentially make in this climate will determine whether they go theatrical or digital

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/10/di...st-1234592280/
Old 10-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #13
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hey, not everyone can afford to comfortably pay for their entertainment. I'm proud of what I've accomplished and I can buy any movie I want. Pocket change. Feels good, man.

:p
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:17 AM   #14
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Pfft, Disney lost its Soul years ago...

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #15
Sumac
Banned

As expected.
While they are too big too outright fall, yet, they are certainly receiving substantial damage.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:44 PM   #16
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Disney Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Earns Rare 100% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes From Critics

https://chipandco.com/disney-pixars-...ritics-405423/

Welp, going to see it in a bit with a friend today at the cinema. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a real tear jerker for some reason lol. Haven’t seen any trailer so no idea what it’s about.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:55 PM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hey, not everyone can afford to comfortably pay for their entertainment. I'm proud of what I've accomplished and I can buy any movie I want. Pocket change. Feels good, man.

:p
Yeah but the alternative should never be stealing.

That's like robbing an ATM and bragging bout how you got more money than the guy doing a 40 hour week just getting his paycheck.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:00 PM   #18
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Welp, I got out to the toilet like 10-15 minutes before the end and when I got back it’s almost finished. My friend was telling me how I missed the whole essence of the movie and was explaining it as best as they can but I know it will only do the film justice to see it myself.

It’s okay I can watch it later (either buying it on iTunes for that superior 4K quality or average quality Disney Plus) but I’m glad we had a great time.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just finished watching it. All in all a very high brow experience with some interesting things to say about the very purpose of 'purpose', with a dash of Freaky Friday thrown in to get us from point A to point B.

Spoiler:
I was wondering what the causes of Joe's other two deaths would have been if he'd remained in the realms beyond, the second after Terry catches him and 22, and the other when he hands 22 the earth badge and let her go. There is mentioning of him needing to look where he was going, which can apply to the first couple of instances, but the third was him 'in the zone' at the piano conjuring up music based on the experiences 22 had in his body...so what would the cause been decreed by Doctors? Heart attack? Natural causes? Am I overthinking this too much? I seek logic even with death sometimes.

So did he quit the band at the end to just live regular life?
Old 12-25-2020, 04:03 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Pixar must have helped with the writing in this one, how else can Disney make a movie about something they themselves lack?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote