The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-28-2024, 03:36 PM   #961
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Negative. The show started by telling you (instead of showing you) how awesome Teela was, went to Teela replacing the lead of the franchise, lambasting him as horrible for having a secret then sacrificing himself to save everyone which leads to turning him into an abusive Ex (you are hurting me!), then breaking the rules of the setting and gaining ULTIMATE POWER and removing ALL WEAKNESSES baked into the setting because she is so awesome...and ends with her *allowing* Adam to be He-man even though he is literally unnecessary.

All this coming from a guy who doesn't like the franchise (before he was hired Smith said as much) and who literally (he admitted this) went out of his way to kill a character because he was annoyed with him (Orko). All the while LIEING THROUGH HIS TEETH about it and trying to ruin the reputation of the people who reported on leaks about it that got majority of the long term fans (aka the ones who kept the franchise alive) pissed off at him for the above.
Can’t disagree with much of what you wrote here. Do not watch Revolution because it’s pretty awful as well. 5 episodes is way too short and the dialogue is so cringe. The jokes are constant and terrible and most of them seem odd in that universe so none of them land well.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:05 PM   #962
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
Can’t disagree with much of what you wrote here. Do not watch Revolution because it’s pretty awful as well. 5 episodes is way too short and the dialogue is so cringe. The jokes are constant and terrible and most of them seem odd in that universe so none of them land well.
I just got done watching it and I actually enjoyed most of it. I hope they stop now.

There was no way we could expect them to admit there was fault in the last one, so sending Teela on a side-quest to get her out of the way for a real He-man story. They pulled Teela back from being the uber-btch she was for when she was in the story. My three big complaints were first that they re-emphasized that He-man wasn't needed in ep 1 (they got in a fight and teela let them have fun till she walked in and snapped her fingers), Andra (still I think) being the Man-at-Arms for literally no reason, and the major at the very end that all the people were excited about but no on would have any idea what he was talking about.

Spoiler:
Eternia had always been a Monarchy so who (besides the queen) would have any idea what He-man was talking about with giving "power to the people". There should have been a lot of people looking at eachother confused with weak obligation claps.

Edit:
Note that this may be through rose tinted glasses because this sort of thing was what I expected we should have started by getting.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:18 PM   #963
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

I like the commentary from this tuber, and she makes some good points.

Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote