The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #201
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I like the trailer, it looks great.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #202
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

First reactions to Wonder Woman are postive calling it the best DCEU Movie yet

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-reviews/#images
Old 05-18-2017, 10:24 PM   #203
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

This is good to see.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:41 AM   #204
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
calling it the best DCEU Movie yet
Well that's not particularly difficult *ba dum tsh*

Definitely promising, I liked the look of the trailer, have to see if the other half wants to go watch this as well.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #205
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

Am I aloud to wonder here, if this woman lead movie will get honest reviews in hollywood these days, or is that considered pointless trolling here too? smh.

After the feigbuster debacle with clear bias, i don't trust any reviews for things like this.

As far as I'm concerned, ANY DC movie has alot to prove after the last three disasters.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:59 PM   #206
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Nor should you, when it comes to a movie with a female protagonist.
Unlike with dudes, when a female-lead movie does poorly an entire gender gets slandered.

I mean, no one's saying dudes shouldn't get to lead movies after the wet hot trashfest that is every DC movie not Keaton's Batman has been.

I hope it's a good movie.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #207
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Still hopeful. Still hyped.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #208
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Still hopeful. Still hyped.
i'm hopeful, but doubtful.

We've had three turds from DC so far, i have no reason to believe they fixed what was wrong with the issue.

and with all the reports from midnights edge, it seems like the problems still exist.

I skipped suicide squad, i'll skip this one. if people i trust to review it honestly, and not give it glowing reviews just because it's a woman lead film...i'll give it a chance.

I like the character in animated incarnations. and it's about time dc did something other than batman. but with this crew in charge, i don't know....not expecting much.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #209
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

My expectations are set pretty low. I hope it's good, but I'm expecting a pretty forgettable movie.

I know there was an announcement some time ago about it tracking lower than expected. For what it's worth, when I pre-ordered tickets 2 months in advance for Guardians 2 the Toronto theatre was already half full the day tickets went on sale. I went to preorder my tickets for Wonder Woman today at the same theatre... and it was completely empty. Not a single seat sold yet. Crazy.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #210
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder, is the smashing together the bracelets and making a sonic boom a new superpower for WW, or was that in the comics? I don't recall ever seeing her do that in the comics, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-24-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #211
Vegita-San
Emperor

well, you can't blame drama for this movie like you could with the empty seats in the feigbuster film.

Either no one is really interested in women lead movies.

Or people just don't seem to care for the horrible direction the DC films are taking and don't have much hope for this one but hat is ian interesting report.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #212
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I think a Black Widow movie would be more telling about the actual state of affairs. Marvel can sell pretty much anything and have a steady track record of critically appraised movies. Or, I suppose Miss Marvel would be more accurate. Though I'm curious how many other notable Avengers will be wedged into it to make it seem more like an ensemble piece.

DC is 3 misses out the gate before this one comes out. A lot of people may have given up at this point. There's no vested interest. So it's hard to say if it bombs if it had anything to do with a female lead.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:30 PM   #213
ZariusTwo
Overlord

London premiere cancelled due to the terrorist attack in Manchester

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...attack-1007221
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #214
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I think a Black Widow movie would be more telling about the actual state of affairs. Marvel can sell pretty much anything and have a steady track record of critically appraised movies. Or, I suppose Miss Marvel would be more accurate. Though I'm curious how many other notable Avengers will be wedged into it to make it seem more like an ensemble piece.

DC is 3 misses out the gate before this one comes out. A lot of people may have given up at this point. There's no vested interest. So it's hard to say if it bombs if it had anything to do with a female lead.
Just because it's hard to say doesn't mean people won't say it.
They already are.

When movies with dudes in them bomb, no one says: We shouldn't make more movies with dudes in leading roles!

I mean, if we did that Adam Sandler's career would have tanked a long time ago.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #215
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Other than hardcore "plot leak" Reddit posts and edgy YouTube bloggers, where exactly is all the supposed negative hype about this film? Most of the comic fans and movie people I've talked to personally at least have a passing interest.

I remember the negativity surrounding BvS shortly before its release being far more palpable.

As for the whole "female heroes don't sell tickets"/"we need more female action stars" debate, I think this character transcends that.

Whether you read the comic books, saw Super Friends or the 2001 Justice League cartoon, or watched the Lynda Carter TV show back in the day, I think WW is an iconic character that people remember and would be open to seeing in a movie. It's not like putting Gina Carano in Haywire and expecting people to latch onto a brand new character they have no familiarity with.

Whether a person wants to see a feminist parable, sly, subversive satire/humor, a sci-fi/fantasy adventure schlock fest, or the Greco-Roman pantheon brought to life, the mythos of Wonder Woman can accomplish all those things simultaneously.

If DC actually adapts her properly instead of trying to fit her into an overly dark, post Nolan Batman mold, there's no way it won't be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:43 PM   #216
Vegita-San
Emperor

it's just more griping to gripe. every women lead movie these days seems to be 'womens last stand to break into a mans world' type movement. or at least that's how it's come across since the last big attempt.

it's even entering the world of star wars too,sadly with the last five projects being woman lead due to the head being a bit of a femenist herself (TFA, R1, BattleFront 2, this new all girls show, and now again with TLJ). and star wars has gone to the extent of saying 'the male audience doesn't matter as much anymore'.. pretty bold, divisive statement. sigh.

thankfully, i don't get that vibe with this particular project yet. the only negativity i see is from the midnight edge videos showcasing how badly dc is handling both this and justice league. and how people are comparing it, perhaps rightly, to Captain America (which is probably why they made WW set in WW1.)

I like your idea that even though WW was created to be a pro femenist character, she evolved into something a bit more that EVERYONE can enjoy, regardless of what you believe in. at least when handled RIGHT by people like Bruce tim.

I'll be very interested in reviews on this from people i trust not to slant things.

this is a post on my views. please don't get upset in typical internet fashion . end notice
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #217
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Either no one is really interested in women lead movies.

Or people just don't seem to care for the horrible direction the DC films are taking and don't have much hope for this one but hat is ian interesting report.
Probably a bit of both.

Most little boys probably won't want to see it, and I don't think it looks like it would be super appealing to most little girls either (notice I'm saying MOST, because while obviously not everyone's like this, stereotypes exist for a reason.)

And as for trying to target people's nostalgia, I'm not sure how well that's working either. Both of my parents grew up with the Wonder Woman tv show and all they had to say about this movie was how "she doesn't even look like Wonder Woman"
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #218
plastroncafe

Trusted friend who got into a sneak preview last night said the movie was good, not perfect, but entertaining.

And that Gal Gadot just nails it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-25-2017, 07:08 PM   #219
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think WB needs to tread lightly in their marketing. I don't mean less of it, I mean they need to be careful... all the stuff I'm seeing about "go and see it... this is an *important* movie to have succeed" and so on is running the risk of scaring away audiences, ala the female Ghostbusters movie's... erm, campaign. As soon as it becomes a Movement and not a film, folks are going to balk at it.

Though consistently solid reviews would help bulletproof things. As long as they're all not ones stuck on how "important" this movie is.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #220
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The Alamo Draft House theater is doing a Wonder Woman Screening Just for women. Men aren't happy surprise surprise

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/25/15...e-wonder-woman

Tags
wonder woman