The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-24-2019, 12:43 AM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Alcohol doesn't make you feel crappy. It makes you feel good. That's why people drink it.

And, in moderation, one can get a mild buzz without the hangover.

The issue lies in one's self-control and susceptibility to addiction. There's a variety of "drinkers" out there. I've got a friend who can't handle more than two beers, and set a hard limit there. I have a friend who drinks non-stop. No exaggeration. Both have totally different responses to alcohol, too.
What do you do?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:13 AM   #62
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Alcohol doesn't make you feel crappy. It makes you feel good. That's why people drink it.

And, in moderation, one can get a mild buzz without the hangover.

The issue lies in one's self-control and susceptibility to addiction. There's a variety of "drinkers" out there. I've got a friend who can't handle more than two beers, and set a hard limit there. I have a friend who drinks non-stop. No exaggeration. Both have totally different responses to alcohol, too.
I know I was talking specifically about getting drunk.

Andrew asked what’s so bad with getting drunk sometimes. Not sure if he was totally serious but I was just saying why I wouldn’t want to be drunk.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:36 AM   #63
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What do you do?
I drink like a fish, so I refrain from drinking as much as I can. It's strictly for special occasions, like St. Pat's or a night-out. I don't keep it in the house. And I don't order it when I'm out.

The other night I was hanging out with some friends who have a "brewery club". They get together once a week and brew different kinds of beers. They always have some cool experiment on hand, and it's always fun to try.

Problem is, I'm bad with self-control. So I tried my best not to swill down everything they had. I felt a little stale the next day, but I was proud of myself for not going overboard.

True story: I once fell passed out on one side of a country and woke up on another side.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:31 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I drink like a fish, so I refrain from drinking as much as I can. It's strictly for special occasions, like St. Pat's or a night-out. I don't keep it in the house. And I don't order it when I'm out.
Hm. Sometimes I need to ration myself. I don't mean like, if it's in the house I'm going to drink it but more like... if I'm taking shots from a fifth, my "let's stop at a little less than half a bottle" warning system gets a little muddy towards the end. If I only pour into a bottle in front of me what I intend to drink in a given night, that seems to work well.

With friends is dangerous. Inevitably there comes a point where someone will say, "Oh oh, we need another bottle." We don't, unless there's a bunch of us.

Quote:
True story: I once fell passed out on one side of a country and woke up on another side.
How does this happen?
Old 09-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Sooo... on a plane, train, car... or where you just, I dunno, kidnapped? lol Though kidnapping a drunk person sounds like more of an annoyance than it would be worth.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:28 PM   #66
Prowler
Emperor

I get buzzed or drunk a few times a year. 3-4 or so.About a month ago or so I got drunk for the first time in like 15 months. I felt happy and relaxed. I was afraid I'd wake up feeling worn out next day... but no. No hangover whatsoever. I guess I drank enough water and also avoided falling asleep when I was still drunk. Falling asleep at the peak of drunkness is not a good idea.

I don't regret it. I had not let loose like that since like 2014. You see, feeling happy and confident when you take booze is a very nice feeling. It helped me talk to girls when I was younger. It's called liquid courage for a reason.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:30 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Drink enough water. Begin drinking with some food in your belly... not too much, though.

That's the key.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:55 PM   #68
Leo656
The Franchise

Pretty much. One drink of water for every one alcoholic beverage. According to Hulk Hogan and many other American wrestlers who've spent a lot of time in Japan (including getting snackered every night while remaining highly functional during their stay there), that's how the notoriously drunken Japanese businessmen (including the terrible and deadly Yakuza!) get by despite their legendary alcohol intake. Equal balance of water to alcohol, or at least as much as possible.

Hiro Matsuda (who famously trained Hogan and many others) was famous for drinking at least two six-packs of beer every single night, then getting up at 5 or 6 in the morning and running the single most grueling wrestling dojo in the world at that time, for 6 to 8 hours per day, doing most of the "stretching" himself. Hogan once asked him, "Brother, how can you drink like this and train the way you do?" Matsuda replied, "This is why I have to train so hard... So I can drink like this!"

So yeah, exercise also helps. Also, probably 8 or 9 more "Brothers" were dropped in the original Hogan anecdote, but I'm quoting it as I heard it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:57 AM   #69
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Hm. Sometimes I need to ration myself.
I'm a closet hedonist. If there's an open bar, I'm going to be in bad shape. Not like "call an ambulance!" bad, but I will be having WAY too much.

Quote:
How does this happen?
As for this one:

I was in Korea at the time, so it wasn't a HUGE country to get across. I was living in a small city towards the south of the country, and a bunch of my co-workers were heading up to Seoul for a night out. They have a mag-lev train, so it's only a couple hours to get there. Super cheap, too.

The drinks are also super cheap. And you can get it every where. Supermarkets, convenience stores, vending machines. . . I had a buddy get drunk at the DMZ, after they deliberately told us not to cause a stir.

Anyway, we'd been drinking a bit before we started hitting the bars. At the first bar, we started playing a drinking game. It was based around tempo and timing, and I decided to lose a couple rounds deliberately to just drink more.

But then the alcohol started to hit pretty hard and my reaction time got REALLY slow, and I just lost every round.

I woke up in a different bar to puke. I think I lost my overshirt and my belt there.

I woke up a second time playing a trivia game.

Finally, I woke up in my bed the next day. I was back home, safe and sound. I would have been LESS surprised had I woke up some place totally strange.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #70
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That... is genuinely kinda scary.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:23 PM   #71
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Yeah! I got REALLY lucky that night.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Vaping black market hiding in plain site:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/24/healt...pes/index.html

Btw, several months later and they still haven't linked non-black market vaping to all of those deaths.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:54 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it's been like 6 months. Have any of the studies they were doing concluded that any deaths were the direct result of vaping in any non-counterfeit vape cases yet?
Old 12-06-2023, 06:10 PM   #74
LeonardoFromTMNT2003
Banned

It's important to stay informed and cautious about the products we use, especially when it comes to vaping. The reports of vaping-related illnesses and deaths are concerning, and they highlight the need for more research and regulation in this area. It's always best to consult with health professionals and consider all risks when making choices about vaping or using any similar products.
LeonardoFromTMNT2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 09:24 PM   #75
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoFromTMNT2003 View Post
It's important to stay informed and cautious about the products we use, especially when it comes to vaping. The reports of vaping-related illnesses and deaths are concerning, and they highlight the need for more research and regulation in this area. It's always best to consult with health professionals and consider all risks when making choices about vaping or using any similar products.
Did you use ChatGPT to write this post, or what?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:51 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I repeat my last post. Except "three and a half years" and not 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Did you use ChatGPT to write this post, or what?
Right? I thought it was a Papenbrook post at first.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:47 AM   #77
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Right? I thought it was a Papenbrook post at first.

Yeah she.....

eh.
Yeah.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:33 PM   #78
LegionareX
Mouser

In my own experience with vaping, these reports have made me more cautious and aware of the importance of understanding what's in the products I use. I've been careful about where I purchase my vaping products. I usually get them from https://nexussmoke.com/ because they have diverse options, and I trust their quality. My favorite is the elf bar, mainly for its variety of flavours.

Last edited by LegionareX; 12-18-2023 at 04:10 PM.
LegionareX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:56 PM   #79
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Always thought it was trading "toasted organic death" for "electric artificial death," but I guess the 2nd-hand effects aren't quite so bad.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:59 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Always thought it was trading "toasted organic death" for "electric artificial death," but I guess the 2nd-hand effects aren't quite so bad.
There are no 2nd hand effects. Same as no one has even met anyone who has died from 2nd hand cigarette smoke.