The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #21
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Bill Cosby found guilty of sexual assault in retrial

Quote:
A few hours after deliberations began Wednesday, the jury returned to the courtroom to ask, "What is the legal definition of consent?"

But Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Steven O'Neill said that he couldn't give jurors a legal definition, telling them that was something they would have to answer on their own, using their own "common sense."
...oof.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:50 AM   #22
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Bizarre. We have a legal definition here ("free and voluntary agreement"), I would have assumed you do too.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:16 AM   #23
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It varies by state.
I believe in Massachusetts consent is defined by one's virginity and age.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:12 AM   #24
The Deadman
Foot Elite

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...on-overturned/

Big OOF.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:40 AM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Oh... Uh... Well, realistically he's not going to rape anyone now. He's old, he's blind and nobody is going to accept a drink from him. Still, I'm pretty sure he served off close to the minimum sentence and I always thought he would be released this year anyway because of the low risk of relapse, so overturning this seems kind of pointless.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:37 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

He's 83 years old, he'll probably be dead any day now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:53 PM   #27
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He's 83 years old, he'll probably be dead any day now.
This is a post I'd expect from SDP.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

People are wondering if him being blind is an act. A lot of people is gonna be watching the day he's set free, like will Cosby need help with a cane and whatnot or will he forget he's supposed to be blind and just waltz on out dancing a gig? Or at least the best someone his age can dance.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:11 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
will he forget he's supposed to be blind and just waltz on out dancing a gig? Or at least the best someone his age can dance.
I mean, he IS 83. A lot of people still think Bill Cosby is like 50 or something due to nostalgia from the 90's, completely unaware he's literally in his dying days. This isn't 20-30 years ago.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #30
IMJ
Emperor

You can also be legally blind from macular degeneration and other causes and still see peripherally enough that you'd fail an armchair warrior's pop culture blindness test but still be legally blind.

I'm just saying that the general judgements of society right now are so populated with dumb people who pretend at smart that people scrutinizing Cosby for "valid blindness" is an example of society stupidity rather than Cosby's.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:41 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I mean, he IS 83. A lot of people still think Bill Cosby is like 50 or something due to nostalgia from the 90's, completely unaware he's literally in his dying days. This isn't 20-30 years ago.
Yeah but people are living longer these days. Now that he's out of prison and some of this is behind him (not that I'm on side, I'm just saying here), he might have a good 5-10 years left. I just know it's way too late to make a new show or stand up or whatever.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-01-2021, 01:06 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

He was doing stand-up routines even weeks before he was arrested. He's probably got a little something left if he is ever feeling ballsy. I'd honestly love to watch it and hear what he has to say.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-01-2021 at 01:15 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #33
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He was doing stand-up routines even weeks before he was arrested. He's probably got a little something left if he is ever feeling ballsy. I'd honestly love to watch it and hear what he has to say.
I just hate this whole thing because I loved the Cosby show as a kid. It was like a bastion of fun, American family sitcomming. No one cared if it was a black family, black doctor, nothing. Millenials who don't know about the show would swear today that something like that never existed before they were here. The show was a rock.

And now this with Cosby.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

What pissed me off the most about it was that he was one of the few people with a powerful voice who had the audacity to tell black people to own their sh*t and stop playing the victim. Black people always hated the guy because he had the "nerve" to say, "Don't be a thug, don't get into drugs and gangs, try and make something of yourself. The game isn't rigged against you, you just have a bad attitude. But nothing good comes from perpetuating a stereotype. Be Better." It's stuff that needs to be said, and since he was black, nobody could call him a racist, which is what happens whenever anyone else says that stuff.

Then All This Sh*t comes out. Ugh. It's bad enough that he's a rapist, and thus also something of a hypocrite. But who else is there to drop that sort of "inconvenient truth" on those people? Just Candace Owens and nobody really listens to her.

Like it's bad enough the guy himself is a scumbag, but by association everything he ever said gets thrown out on account of what he did, even if those things needed to be said.

Too bad.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:52 AM   #35
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I just hate this whole thing because I loved the Cosby show as a kid. It was like a bastion of fun, American family sitcomming. No one cared if it was a black family, black doctor, nothing. Millenials who don't know about the show would swear today that something like that never existed before they were here. The show was a rock.
I loved it as a kid. Back then there were literaly no black people around in my small town in Italy and if you wanted to spot a black man you had to go to bigger cities, so I was not used to black men. And guess what? While I was watching the Cosby Show on TV I didn't care. The fact that it was a black family what I was seeing never caught my attention. It was fun, that's all I needed to know.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
What pissed me off the most about it was that he was one of the few people with a powerful voice who had the audacity to tell black people to own their sh*t and stop playing the victim. Black people always hated the guy because he had the "nerve" to say, "Don't be a thug, don't get into drugs and gangs, try and make something of yourself. The game isn't rigged against you, you just have a bad attitude. But nothing good comes from perpetuating a stereotype. Be Better." It's stuff that needs to be said, and since he was black, nobody could call him a racist, which is what happens whenever anyone else says that stuff.

Then All This Sh*t comes out. Ugh. It's bad enough that he's a rapist, and thus also something of a hypocrite. But who else is there to drop that sort of "inconvenient truth" on those people? Just Candace Owens and nobody really listens to her.

Like it's bad enough the guy himself is a scumbag, but by association everything he ever said gets thrown out on account of what he did, even if those things needed to be said.

Too bad.
I heard the timing was very suspicious. It's until he got a little too vocal on the whole 'black people do better' speeches and he started getting plans to buy NBC that all of a sudden certain people started remembering and bringing up things. Not only that, but #MeToo started and they desperately needed a big name or two to kick it off. I kinda feel TPTB conveniently served them Cosby on a platter. Not saying he did or didn't do anything but the timing of it all was major sus.

That's what always makes a lot of these things pretty sus. A lot of convenient timing. It's like 'I know Tom raped Sally but imma hold on to that' years later, Tom runs for office or does something equally as important that would shake up the status quo a little too much 'alright, lemme call up Sally and asks her if she still remembers that one night with Tom, bout time Tom remembers what his place is'.

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 07-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, maybe?

Timing and circumstances aside... drugging and raping women is pretty sh*tty. If anything it should've come out ages before it did.

And it's insane that a guy can admit to doing the sh*tty things they said he did, but he gets off on a technicality, and can never be punished for it again.

That's something I'm going to try and remember to point out the next time someone says our criminal justice system is too harsh. We have a system where someone can say "Sure, I did it," but still more or less skate by. Sure, he did a couple years in jail so it's not like he got off scot-free, but because of the way it went down they're like "He technically never should have been tried in the first place." I can see him suing them and actually getting a hefty settlement when all is said and done.

Nutty.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:08 PM   #38
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Rudolf Hess lived to be over 90 I think and so might Breivik

So no , justice isn't always served
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #39
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
People are wondering if him being blind is an act. A lot of people is gonna be watching the day he's set free, like will Cosby need help with a cane and whatnot or will he forget he's supposed to be blind and just waltz on out dancing a gig? Or at least the best someone his age can dance.
I always assumed that he wasn't blind-blind, but just legally blind. The family friend that my mother helps has glaucoma and I even set up her computer so she could use it a bit better since her sight isn't good and still gradually getting worse. I guess Bill Cosby's glaucoma has completely made him blind.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 02:39 PM   #40
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

And now this with Cosby.
That show was probably one of the first black television shows that I watched as a kid, though it appealed more to my parents than for me. However, I always thought of Cosby as a humble man. Me and a few friends watched and enjoyed Fat Albert as kids. I also enjoyed reading his Little Bill books and watching the cartoon with my younger brother even though I was well past the age for the show. To see him go down this route is very disheartening...

I did see that Phylicia Rashad praised his release with Janet Hubert (the original Aunt Viv) calling her out on her response.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote