Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 10:53 PM   #241
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm 44 years old and still like TMNT.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:07 PM   #242
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I think that people thinking this new thing will be like TTG are on the right track.

Prepare for comedy.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:34 PM   #243
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
And the show being Mirage inspired wasn't working out for them, so what they do? Is make a show that's probably gonna be Fred Wolf inspired
LOL, what? Mirage inspired? Since when?
Also, the current show just screams FW as it is, we definitely don't need more of the same.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:42 PM   #244
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show has never been either Mirage or Fred Wolf inspired, its been its own thing from the start just with a helping of everything else sprinkled in like one big ice cream sundae.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:54 PM   #245
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The show has never been either Mirage or Fred Wolf inspired, its been its own thing from the start just with a helping of everything else sprinkled in like one big ice cream sundae.
Nice analogy, but not 100% true. It's true that at the beginning the show tried it's own thing, but that was just during its early stages, mainly just the 1st season, when it didn't know what it wanted to be. After that, right around the 2nd season, it really started to reintroduce characters from FW, and borrowed heavily from it, in tone and such. Over time it's just been going more and more.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:57 AM   #246
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Nice analogy, but not 100% true. It's true that at the beginning the show tried it's own thing, but that was just during its early stages, mainly just the 1st season, when it didn't know what it wanted to be. After that, right around the 2nd season, it really started to reintroduce characters from FW, and borrowed heavily from it, in tone and such. Over time it's just been going more and more.
But this show references things from stuff outside of the OT, which included other Turtle iterations. To me, it screamed "retro". That's one of the things I liked about this show.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #247
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I don't think "lighter" and "younger" necessarily means that this show is going to be anything similar to TTG or FW. While those two words don't sit right with me in the context of what I prefer for TMNT, it's not a good idea to pass judgement on something without seeing what it's about. I'll wait til I see the character designs and a trailer before automatically assuming the worst.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:29 AM   #248
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I don't think "lighter" and "younger" necessarily means that this show is going to be anything similar to TTG or FW. While those two words don't sit right with me in the context of what I prefer for TMNT, it's not a good idea to pass judgement on something without seeing what it's about. I'll wait til I see the character designs and a trailer before automatically assuming the worst.
I bet we won't see anything about the new series until SDCC, Surely Nick will have a TMNT panel where they will talk about Season 5, and the future of the franchise.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:56 AM   #249
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Doubt we see anything from the new series at SDCC this year. Too early for that. Depending on how they schedule the rest of Season 5 there might not even be a panel for the 2012 series. No reason for Nick to pay for a panel to promote a show that is almost over.

It would also be really weird to have a panel for Ciro's show only to have them talk about the next show replacing his that he isn't even working on.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #250
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

I just had a nightmare-ish thought. What if TTG isn't the "worst" the upcoming series could be, but maybe something more along the lines of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, or Muppet Babies?
Old 03-04-2017, 08:08 AM   #251
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Doubt we see anything from the new series at SDCC this year. Too early for that. Depending on how they schedule the rest of Season 5 there might not even be a panel for the 2012 series. No reason for Nick to pay for a panel to promote a show that is almost over.

It would also be really weird to have a panel for Ciro's show only to have them talk about the next show replacing his that he isn't even working on.
No way there's a panel for 2k12 this year. All the audience questions would be about Rise lol.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #252
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
No way there's a panel for 2k12 this year. All the audience questions would be about Rise lol.
Actually there will be, that guy from that video from the new York Toy fair said they will be talking about Usagi and the Samurai Turtles at SD Comic Con.

They haven't taken audience questions at SDCC and NYCC for the last few years.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #253
J_Snake_Lorenzo
Banned

I knew the dude making the Ninja Turtles episodes was going to get fired.
Like seriously, air 4 episodes and take a 4 month hiatus every 4 episodes pretty much or close to it.

Killing off Master Splinter... Twice.

So many dropped story arcs that were just swept under the carpet.

And the crappy characters. Like April and Casey. I have no idea how that Ciro dude could have thought making April and Casey the way they were was a good idea, but he should of been punched in the face and fired for that and that alone.

It's sad. It started off so good. After season 1 though it fell and crashed hard.

At least there will be a new show. Hopefully it will be better than this mess of a show. Hopefully it will air episodes with consistency.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #254
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Snake_Lorenzo View Post
Like seriously, air 4 episodes and take a 4 month hiatus every 4 episodes pretty much or close to it.

Killing off Master Splinter... Twice.

So many dropped story arcs that were just swept under the carpet.

And the crappy characters. Like April and Casey. I have no idea how that Ciro dude could have thought making April and Casey the way they were was a good idea, but he should of been punched in the face and fired for that and that alone.

It's sad. It started off so good. After season 1 though it fell and crashed hard.

At least there will be a new show. Hopefully it will be better than this mess of a show. Hopefully it will air episodes with consistency.
Right, because Ciro was totally in control of the wacky-ass schedule that Nick was insistent on using.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #255
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Snake_Lorenzo View Post
You idiot, That was the Nickelodeon schedule team airing 4 episodes and then the hiatus, not the crew who were making the episodes.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #256
ToTheNines
[sic]

Perhaps he's under the assumption that the production crew wasn't meeting their deadlines and that's why we get fu*ky scheduling.

But as all of us here who follow the daily behind-the-scenes stuff on social media can assure you, that's not the case. Episodes are completed long in advance, especially here lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Actually there will be, that guy from that video from the new York Toy fair said they will be talking about Usagi and the Samurai Turtles at SD Comic Con.

They haven't taken audience questions at SDCC and NYCC for the last few years.
Interesting. Gonna be kind of a bummer.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:33 AM   #257
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Perhaps he's under the assumption that the production crew wasn't meeting their deadlines and that's why we get fu*ky scheduling.

But as all of us here who follow the daily behind-the-scenes stuff on social media can assure you, that's not the case. Episodes are completed long in advance, especially here lately.
Yeah and South Korea aired 4 new episodes before the US, 2 months earlier.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #258
ticktack
Foot Soldier

I give my interests of what will get me more involved with shows in general:
1) Thoughtful writing (I'm all for that),
2) Diversity (shows-aimed-at-boys would not have gotten me to watch more of the show as a preteen/teen if they didn't have females be involved in equal opportunity, if it's about action and fighting then it is nice to have females be such too something of it being usual and not very surprising),
3) Awesome music assistance (I thought that creators don't have to do it but it actually works on me),
4) Detailed action scene (when you understand how they fight and it makes sense and the moves are memorable, incredible).

Last edited by ticktack; 03-04-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #259
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

I'm going to be sad to see the 2012 show go. Really liked it and would've wanted to see it go longer. However, there is something to be said for stopping while you're still ahead.

I'm curious about the new show and am interested to see how it works. I also think that we should give it a chance to actually air and see how it turns out, and to judge it on it's own merits, not by how it stacks up to what came before.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #260
ticktack
Foot Soldier

April can be a good investigator of crimes. That's new. Footprints leading to somewhere, the trails on the body if the harm was done before damaging body or after.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters