The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #421
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So he'll be the kid from A.I.?
Sad, I guess so. Maybe he can just program himself to mentally relive his good memories forever.

If only the was a blue fairy named Renet to help change it...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:52 PM   #422
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
Shame we haven't found a way to harness the power of the sun over the years

Somebody asked about a TMNT art book.

I asked Ciro on IG about possibly getting a book with all the pre-production art and he says he's hoping to start work on it soon. So there's that to look forward to.
That is a possibility but even so, if he made it without leaving the oasis, he would have to make it completely from scrap and refining the materials needed for it would take awhile. Not sure if his battery cell would last that long but who knows......
Old 10-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #423
cloud
Stone Warrior

I finiahed watching the 3 part last night and I have to say this is good. Usually I have my issues with the Nick toon writing.
But the atory and characters are well written which usually doesnt happen with the Nick series.
My only nit pick is the beard on Raph. Its a bit too much. Thry are turtles. Unless you explain it by its something triggered by mutation otherwise turtles dont have facial hair.... same goes of Michelagelo's hair. that could have been a wig tho.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #424
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Is the ending more bittersweet since that Donnie is going to outlive his brothers? He is in a robot body after all.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #425
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Unless the wrong part breaks or wears out.

Would be terrible if that happened while his brothers are still alive and they have to morn the fact that they can't fix him (for lack of parts or knowledge) and can't save his consciousness...

Wish this possible future wasn't the last of it that we'd see. Wouldn't mind seeing the Turtles playing father figure in their own ways to the Meerkat girl, and any other youngsters that show up who have lost their families.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #426
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Unless the wrong part breaks or wears out.

Would be terrible if that happened while his brothers are still alive and they have to morn the fact that they can't fix him (for lack of parts or knowledge) and can't save his consciousness...
From where I'm standing, Donnie's robot body is designed to repair itself completely.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #427
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, I just watched the Season 2 finale. When Don says goodbye to Timmy before leaving the lair, he says, "If we don't make it back you'll defrost in, I dunno, maybe 70 years or so. Hopefully the world is a better place by then."

I wonder if the writers knew back here that the world would be destroyed 50 years in the future. It's kind of funny rewatching old episodes and seeing all these hints to the future, now that we know what happened. And of course Timmy just dies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:01 AM   #428
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I just had a thought, Maybe the creators of "Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles" had this finale in mind when making that short.

Whereas Mikey in this finale seemed to be about 65-70 years old, he could possibly be hundreds of years old in Mecha Turtles since Turtles have long lifespans, and Mikey needed a walking stick in that short.

I like to think The Turtles eventually restored humanity after finding Oasis, and then became the big heroes of history like Renet said.

If said theory is true, I would imagine April would've also been involved, since she is technically a Mutant, and only Mutants were able to survive the apocalypse.

I would dig a Direct To DVD sequel of sorts explaining all of this stuff. Sort of like how the 2K3 tmnt show released Turtles Forever as one last treat after the finale episode "Wedding Bells and Bytes".

Heck, just name this hypothetical sequel "The April O'Neil Files" for all its worth

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 10-17-2017 at 06:13 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #429
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, I just watched the second to last episode of Season 3, the one with Zog. In it they watch the last episode of Crognog the Barbarian, and he dies in 10 seconds to a giant monster.

The Turtles then scream, "Wait, that's it? After all those adventures he just bites it? How anti-climatic!" They then search frantically online and Mikey says, "All the fansites say this was the last episode!" And Leo quickly adds, "You mean there wasn't at least a movie or something after?"

And later in the episode Raphael gets mad they watched the finale without him, and then Leo yells at Mikey, "You're not still mad about the finale are you?"

Holy crap. Everyone rewatch that episode right now. Their reactions to the Crognog finale in Season 3 mirrors this shows reaction in Season 5 in real life and the finale.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #430
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I just had a thought, Maybe the creators of "Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles" had this finale in mind when making that short.

Whereas Mikey in this finale seemed to be about 65-70 years old, he could possibly be hundreds of years old in Mecha Turtles since Turtles have long lifespans, and Mikey needed a walking stick in that short.

I like to think The Turtles eventually restored humanity after finding Oasis, and then became the big heroes of history like Renet said.

If said theory is true, I would imagine April would've also been involved, since she is technically a Mutant, and only Mutants were able to survive the apocalypse.

I would dig a Direct To DVD sequel of sorts explaining all of this stuff. Sort of like how the 2K3 tmnt show released Turtles Forever as one last treat after the finale episode "Wedding Bells and Bytes".

Heck, just name this hypothetical sequel "The April O'Neil Files" for all its worth
Cool theory, though I assume Renet would have needed to show up and reverse things in order for the city itself to be back. Otherwise, probably not long enough to rebuild NYC, esp if a restoration of humans would require a mass amount of clones that need to be raised to adulthood to start with. Well, good luck with that, Turtles. lol
Old 10-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #431
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Cool theory, though I assume Renet would have needed to show up and reverse things in order for the city itself to be back. Otherwise, probably not long enough to rebuild NYC, esp if a restoration of humans would require a mass amount of clones that need to be raised to adulthood to start with. Well, good luck with that, Turtles. lol
Since The Kraang don't appear to be either male or female, I always assumed they asexually reproduce. Similarly, If April turned out to be able to have children by herself since she is part Kraang, maybe she became the new "Eve" to humanity after the turtles found her alive as on old woman leading a tribe of her children after the apocalypse.

But then again, something like that may have not sat well with Nick since it implies Incest, if humanity is fully restored by the end.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #432
newfan
Mad Scientist

We can only speculate, what we have is all the story we are going to get, unless of course Ciro writes the stories he wants to write and fills in some gaps
I just think when they started to write the end they decided not to let the Renet thing get in the way of what they wanted to do.

Last edited by newfan; 10-17-2017 at 03:17 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #433
sdp
-

Read the whole thread, I thought this episode was awesome and easily the best episode of the series. The best part is it can easily be viewed without having to worry about the Nick show since it works perfectly as an elseworlds story without needing to know anything prior from this specific version of the turtles, just knowing the basic stuff.

I don't understand some of the complains about "what happened to..." that's not the point of the story, and overall the Nick show didn't leave that many loose ends, well Mutagen Man is a big one but they forgot about him since halfway through the second season so I wasn't expecting anything. This was not the story for that.

Like most though I hate that this is not an apocalyptic future that gets erased in the end but at least as of now it's canon. It's bittersweet and we want our heroes to have a happy ending where the world is safe. But it was so enjoyable that who cares.

If you really hate that you can imagine that Renet travels to the past and tells the turtles of the Kraang plot and they stop it preventing this. There's also that message from the shows writer that says the "tales" season can be seen as alternate universes, if that's the case then I'll definitely think of the Universal Horror monsters arc as not canon to the show. Yes that's the only Tales story I hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL,
Holy crap. Everyone rewatch that episode right now. Their reactions to the Crognog finale in Season 3 mirrors this shows reaction in Season 5 in real life and the finale.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #434
CyberCubed
Overlord

In a way it's fitting, almost every TMNT universe has a canon apocalypse future.

Original cartoon had, "red sky" while not apocalypse was still "dark" for that shows universe, plus the Channel 6 building blew up for good and the streets all seemed barren for some reason.

The 2k3 series has Fast Forward as the canon future (aside from Same as it Never was, where Shredder took over), where aliens all walk among the Earth, and Bishop is the president of the Earth.

Nick has the Mutant Apocalypse arc.

Archie TMNT comics had the whole world flooded due to the polar ice caps melting and the TMNT becoming the Cyber Turtles.

Mirage comics also has the whole world being destroyed and the Turtles all living in separate places.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:45 AM   #435
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't understand some of the complains about "what happened to..." that's not the point of the story, and overall the Nick show didn't leave that many loose ends, well Mutagen Man is a big one but they forgot about him since halfway through the second season so I wasn't expecting anything. This was not the story for that.
I suppose the above would depend whether people view the arc as a tale of it's own or the finale to the entire series and also on the loose ends you refer to. As a tale/story of it's own then it is what it is. As the latter there would be questions relating to the more main characters and people wanting a little more on what happened.

As for other loose ends (I agree there weren't many but others feel differently) I think maybe people had hoped they would be dealt with by the end rather than expect the finale/tale to tie everything up. That being said, this would be difficult with the design of season 5 being tales, there wasn't room for it.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:24 AM   #436
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Read the whole thread, I thought this episode was awesome and easily the best episode of the series. The best part is it can easily be viewed without having to worry about the Nick show since it works perfectly as an elseworlds story without needing to know anything prior from this specific version of the turtles, just knowing the basic stuff.

Like most though I hate that this is not an apocalyptic future that gets erased in the end but at least as of now it's canon. It's bittersweet and we want our heroes to have a happy ending where the world is safe. But it was so enjoyable that who cares.

If you really hate that you can imagine that Renet travels to the past and tells the turtles of the Kraang plot and they stop it preventing this. There's also that message from the shows writer that says the "tales" season can be seen as alternate universes, if that's the case then I'll definitely think of the Universal Horror monsters arc as not canon to the show. Yes that's the only Tales story I hated.

Mutagen Man is dead, you see his casing on the bottom of the pit Raph falls in. And don't think too much of Brandon's tweet, that reeks of damage control, every tale is canon and the Apocalypse is the only true ending of the show as intended by it's creator.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:27 AM   #437
newfan
Mad Scientist

Damage control has caused a division which will likely remain. Nick counts season 5 as tales and not canon (confirmed in a tweet)
The writers however, I think did intend it to be canon (knowing that they want to write stories around the apocalypse tells me it isn't a one off story to them) Some think that Nick gets to decide what is canon as they own the franchise and then obviously others hold the writers in higher regard as they created this particular show and this has been their story.

Anyway, either you see 5's tales as canon or you don't, like a lot of others I too got tired of all the arguing over it

Last edited by newfan; 11-10-2017 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #438
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Damage control has caused a division which will likely remain. Nick counts season 5 as tales and not canon (confirmed in a tweet)
The writers however, I think did intend it to be canon (knowing that they want to write stories around the apocalypse tells me it isn't a one off story to them) Some think that Nick gets to decide what is canon as they own the franchise and then obviously others hold the writers in higher regard as they created this particular show and this has been their story.

Anyway, either you see 5's tales as canon or you don't, like a lot of others I too got tired of all the arguing over it
Season 5 is canon to me.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #439
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

I’m kind of 50/50 on Mutant Apocalypse. I overall liked it, but I think they purposely left it kind of vague, to the point where you can interpret if it’s canon or not.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #440
sdp
-

My comment about not being canon is mostly tongue in cheek, I don't see why the episodes would not be canon, they fit just fine. Just because something you didn't want happened doesn't mean it didn't.

It's a bittersweet ending, you can have your own headcanon that it's an apocalyptic future that Renet stops but whatever, it happened.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote