The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-14-2023, 02:54 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

TMNT #140 is out

So uh, looks like delaying Armaggeddon Game #8 was a bad thing. This issue takes place after that and spoils events from the conclusion. Whoops!

This is the start of a new story arc, and there's a bit of a change of status quo from the events of the previous arc that we haven't gotten to read the conclusion of yet. Oh well! The art of this issue is really good however, I hope this artist sticks around and I love the way he draws the Turtles.

Hilarious they didn't delay this issue too because reading it before the Armaggeddon game conclusion spoils the outcome. It's like skipping the season finale of a TV show and watching the next season opener before it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:01 PM   #2
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Why is Raph so freaking tall? Aren't they supposed to be between 4'6 to 5ft?

Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:09 PM   #3
ChosenOne
Banned

10 signs that your company's a mess right now...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:32 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

If they needed extra time to finish Armaggedon Game #8, they should of just delayed this issue too even though it was ready. You don't spoil the outcome of a major arc and release the next issue before it.

This issue itself is rather decent for what it is, even if it repeats a lot of the same tired tropes again (Raph gets angry and storms out for the millionth time, the Turtles are talking about if they should patrol or not, Alopex abandoned the Turtles for the millionth time, etc).

We know the next arc is about Leatherhead so I'm interested because he needs some proper screentime after being Krang's slave for like 3 years.
Old 06-14-2023, 03:40 PM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

Oh, Leatherhead is murdering the mutant leftovers one by one… Good.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:40 PM   #6
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

IDW dropping the ball once again. Who's surprised?

But honestly, I don't know how this can possibly go on much longer. The Pantheon was THE story of TMNT IDW. It was the backbone and greater cause of just about everything that's happened. There's nowhere left to go. There's nothing left to do. And the comic has kind of sucked ever since #100, so I was really hoping they'd just wrap it up and let it be done.

I guess they introduced Armaggon, who I guess is an even MORE powerful god or whatever, so that's something, but I don't really have any faith in the creative team at this point to actually make that an interesting or well written story. They're probably just gonna focus on Alopex and Angel meeting Ninjara (who's just about the only major character they HAVEN'T shoved in here yet), starting an indie punk band for 10 issues, reveal that they're all gay, and then Venus will stop Armaggon all by herself in 8 pages while the turtles cheer her on for being awesome. Assuming the company doesn't implode before they have a chance to do that.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:58 PM   #7
ChosenOne
Banned

Told y'all Stockman would come out of AG smelling like roses.
Old 06-14-2023, 04:46 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is this a new artist for this issue? I have to say I love the way the Turtles are drawn here. Alopex also looks really cool and feral instead of the "cute and furry" type of look she had in most recent issues. I hope this artist sticks around. Everything looks gritty.
Old 06-14-2023, 04:53 PM   #9
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Oh, Leatherhead is murdering the mutant leftovers one by one… Good.
Maybe he can eat Jennika's miss piggy girlfriend next
Old 06-14-2023, 05:00 PM   #10
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mole View Post
Maybe he can eat Jennika's miss piggy girlfriend next
Maybe he can take her back to the Doc's lair first to finish her operation, that way she'll really die screaming.
Old 06-14-2023, 05:08 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

6'1"? lol, is this the Bayturtles now?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:21 PM   #12
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Maybe he can take her back to the Doc's lair first to finish her operation, that way she'll really die screaming.
If only we could get Garth Ennis involved in writing it
Old 06-14-2023, 05:39 PM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mole View Post
If only we could get Garth Ennis involved in writing it
No need, I'll do it for free.
Old 06-14-2023, 05:44 PM   #14
red1981
Random Punk

why was this issue not delayed and the 8th issue of A games released instead, im not sure whats behind this idea because why even have an 8th issue then
red1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:58 PM   #15
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

just read this issue, I like how Mutants have integrated with society with the rest of the humans.
Old 06-14-2023, 06:31 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm with Cubed, I love the art so much. The Turtles look so good... sort of a mash up of 2003, the Injustice 2 designs, an maybe a hint of 2012?

I didn't catch the 6' height in that mug shot. Which is funny, because there is one image of them sitting in the lair when April is leaning on the back of the sofa and Raph, to the right of her, nearer to the viewer in that angle, looks tiny, so exactly how HUGE is she? lol

It's enough that I don't keep up on comics that closely, but this multi-issue undertaking is confusing enough without them being delayed and released out of order.

Poor Leo and Mikey though... one just wants so bad to finally just get to be a part of normal life and the other needs a break and get away from it all so bad.

Edit: Wait, that's inches, not feet, they put too much space between the two numbers, he's not 6', he's more like 5'.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-14-2023 at 07:18 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 06:56 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's pretty obvious looking at this issue they're already struggling to find reasons to keep Jennika with the Turtles. She already went off to her band in this issue, might as well just have her and Sheena stay there as the Turtles move on.
Old 06-14-2023, 07:10 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It would be convenient timing to let her and her girlfriend step aside, go get their own place and lives. Maybe not necessarily entirely gone if they don't want to remove her, but the fact that she's older (if I recall correctly?) and that they were both once human, it could definitely be an excuse for wanting some space and some form of normalcy, while the brothers take some time to reorient themselves and figure out their own future.

Mutant Town might have been a strange new life for all those mutated people, but now that they can attempt try to go back to their old lives it's the Turtles who are bound to feel out of place and need time to get their footing... So Jennika probably aught to step back to just a support role in helping them figure out a different life as needed.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 07:12 PM   #19
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

The art in this issue is okay, but the artist forgot that Alopex has digitigrade legs.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:16 AM   #20
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Told y'all Stockman would come out of AG smelling like roses.
This seems to prove once again that Karai is not a trustworthy ally. "The Alliance" story arc is pointless.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote