The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Welcome back, Cowabunga Corner!

After long breaks, the Cowabunga Corner TMNT fansite seems to finally be back again!

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:34 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Cue the 15-20 year old feuds.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Cue the 15-20 year old feuds.
What did Michelle do?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That's good to see. I was worried about her, since she didn't meet her RSD goal in the Gofundme and it's been a long time now.

Maybe it's not too late:
https://www.gofundme.com/yqvrzegk

Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What did Michelle do?
Nothing that I'm aware of. other than a few jealous people here and there.

It's nice to see she's hopefully feeling well enough to at least return to filming. Sad to see some of the nicer people out there have horrible things happen to them in there lives. one of the first people i met online too.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #6
Overlord

Was this one reuploaded? I recall watching it a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOL7Dyby1Tw
Old 03-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant

Talking

Thanks for the welcome back, there'll be a new video every Friday, till next March at least. And working on getting new Kodak Moments for every Wednesday, so far got those scheduled into May. And for March and April there is a Rise of the TMNT story for every Tuesday... so while I got some down time I'm trying to get things set up for Cowabunga Corner.

I'm working on restoring a house from the 1800's that my family will be moving into. Though we had to stop during the winter as my health got too bad to keep working there. I'm starting to feel better, and when it warms up we will be back at the house working. When the house is done, I will be giving a lot more focus to Cowabunga Corner like I use too. Life has just been hard since 2013 for my family and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Was this one reuploaded? I recall watching it a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOL7Dyby1Tw
The video was not reuploaded, but it was recently made public on Youtube. It was originally posted on the Cowabunga Corner website, which is where you would've seen it before. But when I make videos public the act like the video was just uploaded. The website sees all of Cowabunga Corner's videos before the Youtube channels do.

Thanks for noticing

Thanks again for the Welcome back topic
Old 03-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #8
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Thanks again for the Welcome back topic
These fansites are superior to social media. Why?

At places like fansites, sharing the fandom is on focus. At social media, it's all about knowing each other (–Hello, is it you. I recgonize you from school. Nice to meet again, I've been to Spain for a vacation in July. bla-bla-bla.).

I appriciete everyone who still runs a fansite by 2018. Never believe social media can replace fansites. Fansites (along with the Mirage Studios website) were a big part of me rediscovering TMNT just some weeks before Christmas 2003.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #9
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant

Smile

I totally agree that fansites are better for FB/Twitter/Instagram... ect... for TMNT as those sites are good for networking and sharing just 'Life'... if you really want an area that is great for an entertainment topic nothing beats a website focused on that entertainment.

I remember the good old days of email lists, which was before forums were around online. The internet was so new and fresh when I first got on. It was websites, not too many fansites yet, the mailing list (TMNT-L) and IRC that kept me going online. I loved with Mirage got NinjaTurtles.com going... and I miss that website so much. I think Viacom should bring it back.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I remember the good old days of email lists, which was before forums were around online. The internet was so new and fresh when I first got on. It was websites, not too many fansites yet, the mailing list (TMNT-L) and IRC that kept me going online. I loved with Mirage got NinjaTurtles.com going... and I miss that website so much. I think Viacom should bring it back.
I can't say I don't agree on all of this. Those were some pretty awesome days.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #11
Overlord

Quote:
I totally agree that fansites are better for FB/Twitter/Instagram... ect... for TMNT as those sites are good for networking and sharing just 'Life'... if you really want an area that is great for an entertainment topic nothing beats a website focused on that entertainment.

Communities are totally OK. They focus on the topic discussed, not sharing private life.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #12
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Communities are totally OK. They focus on the topic discussed, not sharing private life.
True, I do go to some of the groups and pages normally. Though if you miss a day or two and come back, new post could be buried down a long wall of posts. While on a message board if you miss posts it's easier to go through and see which topics are updated and jump right to the ones that have interest to you.

I've done posts on FB groups before, then wanted to go back a few weeks later to reference a friend to that post... and found that it was too hard to find my post as it was too buried. Unlike a post on a message board, where it's easy to find where your post is. If I want to send someone to look at this topic, I can tell someone how to go right to this topic on the forum. Which is why I rather post on message boards.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:08 PM   #13
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome back, there'll be a new video every Friday, till next March at least. And working on getting new Kodak Moments for every Wednesday, so far got those scheduled into May. And for March and April there is a Rise of the TMNT story for every Tuesday... so while I got some down time I'm trying to get things set up for Cowabunga Corner.
Nice to see you're back and in slightly better health. I must say I still have a back catalogue of your videos to watch. Keep up the good work, I really appreciate your interviews and reviews of merchandise.

I personally would just ignore those who make fun of you, I do the same when criticised on social media.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #14
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

This is awesome news, so glad to have the show back! I really missed seeing new stories and videos from you Michelle, I hope all is well and welcome back

I don't know if you remember, but I met you at NYCC along with my friend in 2015, and got that awesome signed trading card from you! That's definitely one of my best memories from NYCC, along with meeting Andre ("Black Nerd") shortly after you, you were trying to help us get a hold of him over the phone and now I can finally tell you, we DID meet him!

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming cartoon, and if you ever have time, your closing thoughts on the 2012 series now that it has come to a close!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #15
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant

Talking

Thanks pferreira. It's good to be back right now. I do have one interview that should be coming up soon, it's a written one for the website. The fun thing with this interview is I don't think he's ever been interviewed for TMNT before. That might be posted in May, still waiting for the questions to be returned with answers. The Friday videos we're doing is blind bag openings with reactions.

Oh another fun note is that the BBO videos (Blind Bag Opening/Blind Box Opening) have fan guests that join the videos. There's a series of four toys covered in the BBO videos this year. The first ones are just me, the second ones have two fans that sit in with me, then I finish up the videos with Tokka that was started to be shared in 2016 and last set has one other TMNT fan sit in with me. I find the videos a lot more fun with others included.

To be part of BBO videos, friends have to meet up with me outside of conventions (I loose my voice during conventions). If we have a case of Blind Bags or Blind Boxes, we can set up a tripod and just go through them. My list of events that I am traveling for is always updated on TMNT-L in the Events and Meet-Up topics. And I often post when traveling on my FB profile. This is open for any TMNT fan that I can meet up with, while having toys that need to be reviewed.

Donatello19 of course I remember meeting you, and this isn't our first time chatting online. You're one of the ones that leave comments on my website. Which I am very thankful for. I remember when I bumped into you, I was heading back into the convention and you were at the entrance of that hallway that connects two of the main entrances into the dealer room. I always enjoy meeting and talking with fellow fans at events

Thank you for the idea for a video. It will be a little bit before I can film it, as I don't have any areas set up for filming till the house is done. But I do promise I will do a video about the 2012 series coming to an end and my thoughts. Honestly, I haven't watched the last 4 episodes yet... cause I don't want to really think it's done and over. I have to sit down and watch it.

A Fun Fact about those last four episodes... the top hat that Michelangelo is wearing was inspired by my sister's hat. Ciro stopped Miki in 2016 and let her know that Michelangelo will be wearing her hat in an upcoming episode. It's so cool to own a DVD with that hat on the cover.

I own all the episodes on DVD and through Itunes... so I will watch those episodes... the Monsters & Mutants... just want my family caught up with the rest of the series so I won't watch it alone.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #16
Overlord

It's usually not for the interviews I'm into many of these fansites. Interviews almost always get the same answers:

"–Which is your favourite episode?"
"–I can't remember, we produced so many and I think most of them are great!"

I'm into when someone picks up something out of the franchise (like a comic, series, season, film or whatever), and talk or writes about it based on what he or she knows.

Cowabunga Corner has a lot of that.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 03-16-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #17
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant

Talking

Quote:
It's usually not for the interviews I'm into many of these fansites. Interviews almost always get the same answers:

"–Which is your favourite episode?"
"–I can't remember, we produced so many and I think most of them are great!"

I'm into when someone picks up something out of the franchise (like a comic, series, season, film or whatever), and talk or writes about it based on what he or she knows.

Cowabunga Corner has a lot of that.
Glad you like the reviews, I put a lot of work into those.

And I do know what you mean about interviews ending up like that a lot. Which is why I try not to do the "Favorite" topics, I try to dig for memories. Leif Tilden was a great interview because of how funny he was, while David Wise was informative. Some of the others are heart warming, I always try to give something new in the interviews. I go to a lot of conventions and panels always have "favorite" episode and character questions... I see their reactions and I realize how much those type of questions make even panels at a convention feel like a rerun for people who like to go to certain guest panels.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:12 AM   #18
Overlord

You always have the "Out of the Shadows" film and the later Nickelodeon seasons you can review. And within some months, you can probably also review the erly "Rise of the TMNT" episodes.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:51 AM   #19
Casey
Stone Warrior

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/conte...time-and-place
Old 05-22-2018, 08:01 AM   #20
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant

Talking

Hey,

Wanted to give an update.

Cowabunga Corner has been getting 2 to 3 posts weekly since we came back. From BBO (Blind Bag Opening) videos, Kodak Moments to our newest writers (Jen and Matthew) with reviews of their choice.

I've also got some Rise of the TMNT stories up on Cowabunga Corner which I'd like to share here for anyone interested in seeing.

The first link is the most recent story on Cowabunga Corner, I got to interview Rob Paulsen at Motor City Comic Con this past weekend.

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/conte...rview-may-2018

Other current stories for Rise of the TMNT are
First Reactions : Rise of the TMNT first article
Review of "Rise of the TMNT : Facebook Live"
Rise of the TMNT : April O'Neil Design
Rise of the TMNT : Weapons
Rise of the TMNT : Raphael's Design
Rise of the TMNT : Donatello's Design
Rise of the TMNT : Splinter's Design
Rise of the TMNT : Leonardo's Design
Rise of the TMNT : Michelangelo's Design

Just wanted to share about the interview update and felt that these stories might also be of interest. Please do check out our other stories as Jen and Matthew have been sharing their fandom through the stories they've posted to Cowabunga Corner.