The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #201
CyberCubed
Overlord

What a time to be alive. Frozen 2 comes out in 2019 not 1993....it's time for a lesbian Disney princess.

And if they were going to do it now is as good a time as any. It also won't feel like pandering because Elsa had no love interest in the first movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #202
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I rather Elsa being an asexual and loner. She doesn't need a partner, just some people to understand and accept her like Anna, Kristoff, etc.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:42 PM   #203
Allio
Foot Elite

Unless it’s Elsanna I don’t care.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #204
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Caissie Levy who is playing Elsa in the Broadway musical debuted a new song titled "Monster". I think it would be neat if the movie's sequel will have one of the opening songs be one from the musical. I liked how The Lion King II: Simba's Pride had "He Lives in You" play during the first scene.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2018/0...-caissie-levy/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #205
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I cringe thinking of Little Mermaid 2 opening song. It's so dreadful...
Old 03-04-2018, 02:00 AM   #206
Coola Yagami
Overlord

She could just be a loner. It kinda sends off the wrong message that just because a woman doesn't have a love interest, she simply must be gay. Is it because people consider her 'hot' or something and therefore lesbian scenes with her and some other hot chick gets your motor running?

I don't see Merida from Brave (I think that was her name) getting demands for her to be gay since she had no love interest nor wanted one. Or maybe it's because she's 'not hot enough'?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:48 AM   #207
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've been praying to God every night over the last 5 years for Disney to make Elsa the first lesbian Disney lead princess/queen character.
That must be more important than the prayers for those who lost family and friends in the Parkland, FL school shooting, and the residents of Puerto Rico trying to get lives back on track after Hurricane Maria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
She could just be a loner. It kinda sends off the wrong message that just because a woman doesn't have a love interest, she simply must be gay. Is it because people consider her 'hot' or something and therefore lesbian scenes with her and some other hot chick gets your motor running?
I'd bet that that's exactly what it is.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:52 AM   #208
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's progressive times we live in - we can't have female character, who enjoys her loneliness and freedom. There must be a reason for this - whether she has horrible complexes and can't interact with people (because, you need to pander to all those ADD / ADHD / PTSD people) or a lesbian (because, why else beautiful woman would like to live on her own, without finding herself a fertile man?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
That must be more important than the prayers for those who lost family and friends in the Parkland, FL school shooting, and the residents of Puerto Rico trying to get lives back on track after Hurricane Maria.
Neither are useful, since "prayers" are religious nonsense and don't help anyone.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:53 AM   #209
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post

Neither are useful, since "prayers" are religious nonsense and don't help anyone.
Well he apparently believes in them, even if only to have his sapphic fantasies fulfilled.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #210
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Well he apparently believes in them, even if only to have his sapphic fantasies fulfilled.
It's 'cubed - he contradicts himself like other people breath.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #211
CyberCubed
Overlord

I am sitting here waiting with baited breath.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #212
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I highly doubt Disney is going to turn their biggest cash cow into a lesbian. It would cause so much controversy and backlash, parents would boycott the movie and not allow their kids to buy any Frozen merchandise. It's too much of a risk, I can't see it happening.

Having a side character like Lefou in Beauty and the Beast be gay? Sure. Having a main character who's one of your most popular characters be gay? Not going to happen.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #213
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I highly doubt Disney is going to turn their biggest cash cow into a lesbian. It would cause so much controversy and backlash, parents would boycott the movie and not allow their kids to buy any Frozen merchandise. It's too much of a risk, I can't see it happening.

Having a side character like Lefou in Beauty and the Beast be gay? Sure. Having a main character who's one of your most popular characters be gay? Not going to happen.
On the other hand alienating all those shippers-tumblrinas is not a good way too: they are too buying merchandise and spreading word of mouth, i.e. they are useful for profit.

Most likely scenario, Elsa will remain alone, maybe with some hints about her possible homosexuality. Parents will be happy that she is not full-blown Lesbian, tumblrinas will be happy that she is not with a man and will use any evidence to convince themselves that she is homosexual.

Everyone are being happy, everyone are making profit, like unca Disney willed.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #214
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Tumblrinas can go suck a lemon. They made such a big deal about Elsa's hair animation grazing her shoulder in Let It Go and said how Pixar was "lazy" for making Anna's face model so similar to Elsa's (don't they know anything about ****ing blood related??) and many other nonsense issue.

They can all go suck it with their sexuality rubbish.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #215
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here are some character portraits of the Broadway cast.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2018/0...ning-costumes/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:06 PM   #216
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Tumblrinas can go suck a lemon. They made such a big deal about Elsa's hair animation grazing her shoulder in Let It Go and said how Pixar was "lazy" for making Anna's face model so similar to Elsa's (don't they know anything about ****ing blood related??) and many other nonsense issue.

They can all go suck it with their sexuality rubbish.
I wish it was so simple.

They are minority, but very loud one and, sadly, to certain degree influential due to this. They can start a wave using ignorance of others, which might hurt a movie. And start swarm of worthless thinkpieces like the ones, that cropped up after The Last Jedi release, trying to defame people who had criticized movie, using "liberal" buzzwords.

If we lived in adequate times, bunch of crazies investing too much time and emotions into relationship between fictional character would have been nothing to worry about. But with the liberal hysteria, they can now frame their unhealthy obsession as "fighting for the rights of minorities".

Last edited by Sumac; 03-05-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #217
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Yeeaaah, that's not what the Face Sameness argument was about, but rather the fact that the company uses a very similar facemodel for all of their female characters, not just the related ones from Frozen.

Every female face in recent Disney and Pixar movies looks the same (av club)

I mean, by all means continue to grind that ax, but at least do so for accurate reasons.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #218
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't care about any online social justice war that you guys are talking about.

I just want Elsa to be a lesbian. Can't we just want things without being labeled into agendas?
Old 03-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #219
Sumac
Banned

The irony of the statement above is just wonderful.
Especially coming from a guy who was pretending to be "progressive" in some of the topics here.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #220
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'd comment on the hilarity that is a bunch of adults arguing on a thread devoted to animated Disney characters...

But I did join an online discussion forum about the Ninja Turtles. Criser's Law must be respected.

Tags
cybercubed is lesbian, frozen sjw edition