The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #61
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

The only dub I hated was Zero Two, that was cuz they made Davis look like a joke, you'd think they were completely different characters or some thing. It's like the dub people hated him and tried every possible way to treat him like crap, until the ending which they couldn't cuz that's pretty much his time to shine moment, so they were like " F, now we can't make him look bad any more! "

Other than that, I've got no complaints about the dub.

Any ways, it's cool that the older characters are returning as the main cast again, or at least Tai is and maybe Matt. Don't know how it's going to work though, take place during high school years I guess? Even than, what's the Zero Two cast going to do while these events happen? Or are they going to act like Zero two never happened?

Fine, maybe they can fix the mistake and have Tai x Sora together instead, that's right I shipped them together
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #62
Allio
Foot Elite

promotional artwork for the 15th anniversary project (They have been celebrating Digimon 15 anniversary for a few years now)

With Hackmon getting his Ultimate form, Jesumon

I wonder if he will be important to the new series... This series now has my interest

--

If you don't know, the Royal Knight Gankoomon has been training Hackmon to inherit his title as a Royal Knight. Jesumon will be the one to take over the role of Royal Knight from Gankoomon. So yeah, Gankoomon will retire while Hackmon takes over for him; so there will still be one open space for the Royal Knights
Old 08-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #63
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I've watched both versions of the Adventure series but I never saw the dubbed versions of them that way. Mimi never treated Izzy like that. Like there were specific episodes where those two worked together and she didn't treat him like that. I think you're probably exaggerating her more than the dub does.
I didn't say that was the case. I said it came across that way at times. It seemed they were going for the popular girl stereotype with her in Adventure or either shallowness. I kinda hated her reaction to Angemon in the dub the first time.
Quote:
But some of the opinions on Izzy are kinda justified. Izzy, my favourite character next to Joe, says a lot of stupid ****. But there's just a charm to it, for me.
Koushirou was my favorite character. His background and why he engrossed himself in computers was interesting and his character theme, "Version Up" helped as well.

I have other fav characters too, like Jou, Mimi, Sora, Ken, Daisuke, etc.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #64
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
The only dub I hated was Zero Two, that was cuz they made Davis look like a joke, you'd think they were completely different characters or some thing. It's like the dub people hated him and tried every possible way to treat him like crap, until the ending which they couldn't cuz that's pretty much his time to shine moment, so they were like " F, now we can't make him look bad any more! "
The head writer at the time, Nimoy, didn't like the character and purposely wrote "Davis" that way. I hate characterization changes with anything in general, unless it's a cultural issue thing. I can give a bit of leeway where that's concerned.
Quote:
Any ways, it's cool that the older characters are returning as the main cast again, or at least Tai is and maybe Matt. Don't know how it's going to work though, take place during high school years I guess?
I was wondering about that too earlier in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I wonder if the 02 kids'll be around and if so, everyone's ages will be....

Jou: 18 (Last year of HS)
Taichi/Sora/Yamato: 17 (2nd year of HS)
Koushirou/Mimi: 16 (1st year of HS)
Miyako: 15 (Last year at Odaiba JHS)
Takeru/Hikari/Daisuke/Ken: 14 (2nd year at Odaiba JHS)
Iori: 12 (Last year at Odaiba Elementary)
I was only assuming that Ken would be a student at Odaiba Junior High School as well as Takeru, Hikari, and Daisuke, but I couldn't see them not attending, other than Ken. He does live in Tamachi and it probably would be a hassle to get the train to Odaiba everyday. Miyako was about to start Odaiba JHS in movie 4 so we know she's there.
Quote:
Even than, what's the Zero Two cast going to do while these events happen? Or are they going to act like Zero two never happened?

Fine, maybe they can fix the mistake and have Tai x Sora together instead, that's right I shipped them together
Here's something interesting. Yamato x Sora was planned from the very beginning. I like Taichi x Sora but it always came across as one-sided to me, until 02 where you could see that Taichi had finally fallen for Sora.

In the original ep where Taichi was encouraging Sora to face Yamato made more sense. She didn't know about Taichi's feelings at all. Neither did Yamato. The dub, some told me got the impression that Sora wanted to face Matt but was worried about hurting Tai's feelings.

Yamato x Sora, Taichi x Sora, didn't matter to me. I liked both. lol. I liked a lot of pairings. I should post up a list. lol

Edit....

Here are some lists if my fav human characters, pairings, etc...

Spoiler:
Favorite Goggleboy
Motomiya Daisuke (Digimon Adventure 02)
Matsuda Takato (Digimon Tamers)

Digimon Adventure
Izumi Koushirou
Kido Jou
Takenouchi Sora
Takaishi Takeru

Digimon Adventure 02
Tachikawa Mimi (her image theme truly made me a fan of her for 02)
Hida Iori
Inoue Miyako
Ichijouji Ken

Digimon Tamers
Makino Ruki
Lee Jianliang/Jenrya
Kitagawa Kenta

Digimon Frontier
Kimura Kouichi
Himi Tomoki

Digimon Savers
Noguchi Ikuto
Daimon Chika
Kurosaki Miki
Shirakawa Megumi
Fujieda Yoshino

Now, favorite pairings...brace yourself.

Digimon Adventure/Adventure 02
Taichi x Sora
Yamato x Sora

Koushirou x Mimi (Ultimate fav pairing period)
Jou x Mimi (Pretty much the only Jou pair I do like)
Michael x Mimi
Ryou x Mimi (I sorta like this one because of the games...she does flirt with him)
Yamato x Mimi (One-sided; I like Yamato > Mimi)

Koushirou x Miyako (My favorite Miyako pairing)
Ken x Miyako (I just find it incredibly cute; also my fav Ken pairing)
Iori x Miyako (I like it one-sided; Iori with a crush on Miyako)

Daisuke x Hikari
Koushirou x Hikari (I like this pairing angsty and one-sided and blame the Adventure love-letter drama; Hikari > Koushirou)
Takeru x Hikari (I kinda like this pairing very very angsty)
Ken x Hikari (I like this pairing one-sided; Hikari > Ken)

Takeru x Ken (I like this angsty and one-sided more so; Takeru > Ken; also my fav)
Takeru x Koushirou (Same as above, I really love this one one-sided lol; Takeru > Koushirou)
Takeru x Taichi (Same as above lol; Takeru > Taichi)

Yamato x Jun (In an ironic sense where it's Yamato > Jun after she gets over him)
Yamato x Chizuru (Chizuru is Miyako's older sister; the one with the short hair)

Digimon Tamers
Jenrya x Ruki (Favorite for Tamers)
Ryou x Ruki
Hirokazu x Ruki (I like it one-sided; Hirokazu > Ruki)

Digimon Frontier
None...

Digimon Savers
Ikuto x Chika
Tohma x Sayuri (Sort of; I like Tohma's having a crush on her, even though she's a married woman)

Last edited by ssjup81; 08-19-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #65
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

One thing I never understood in the second season was why T.Km and Karai haad the armor digieggs and master keys to get into the digiworld while the other six did not. The other six could only enter after the other two entered. Why digi-armor work for three others opposed to Digi-Destined? Was it simply something writers want overlooked in order to have a set of 12 year olds and elavted the older main characters to reoccuring mentors? I never understood that.

I hope Matt atleast of the other 7 youth gets a role in the upcoming season. I liked how Matt's character played off of Tai, his equal.

If by the end of season w every human under 18 has a Digimon and Apoclaymon and all his creations including Mytotismon twice and two Digimon reaching their highest form what kind of threat can be worked out for Tai and others to face. Its hard to not see a retcon involved to get back to Tai and friends. Its the only Digimon I care to see its just hard to see it work.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 08-19-2014 at 09:45 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #66
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I hope for Demon to return actually, and yes many people did gradually receive partners, not everyone. Jun even got a partner, if I'm remembering the drama right.

I also think that Takeru and Hikari could get the new devices and Digimentals because they were under the age of 12. For 02, the ages would've been....

Jou: 15
Taichi/Sora/Yamato: 14
Koushirou/Mimi: 13

Miyako: 12
Takeru/Hikari/Daisuke/Ken: 11
Iori: 9

To be chosen, you were supposed to be under the age of 13, a kid, maybe that's why it couldn't work for Taichi and the others and why new kids (Miyako, Daisuke, Iori) were chosen. Ken, Takeru, and Hikari were the veterans of the group. Interesting how they used Ken who was a game character.

That aside, it was just promoting the D3 device toys as well as the D-Terminal at the time.

Last edited by ssjup81; 08-31-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:09 AM   #67
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
I didn't say that was the case. I said it came across that way at times. It seemed they were going for the popular girl stereotype with her in Adventure or either shallowness. I kinda hated her reaction to Angemon in the dub the first time.Koushirou was my favorite character. His background and why he engrossed himself in computers was interesting and his character theme, "Version Up" helped as well.

I have other fav characters too, like Jou, Mimi, Sora, Ken, Daisuke, etc.
Oh, okay, sorry for misunderstanding then.

Joe's probably my favourite because he's the funniest, and he's an oldest without being a leader so it's an interesting distinction. Also his hair in 02? ****ing awesome. His dynamic with Gomamon, though, has to be the best thing about him, really.

Also, hahaha, my favourite character/ship list is pretty simple.
Spoiler:
Adventure: Joe, Izzy, Wizardmon, Myotismon, Etemon
02: Davis, Ken, Oikawa, Cody, Arukenimon
Tamers: Henry, Terriermon, Guilmon, Jeri, Takato, ****ing everybody
Frontier: I... didn't really have a favourite here.
Fusion: Dorulumon and only Dorulumon. Well ok Cutemon too.

And ships, uh... Wizardmon/Gatomon is my otp. And Davis/Ken is my other otp. There u go I don't give a damn about Takari or any of those popular ships although Rika/boys are stupid ships the lot of them
Old 08-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #68
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

my favorite season..i can not wait!

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #69
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=ssjup81;1336230]The head writer at the time, Nimoy, didn't like the character and purposely wrote "Davis" that way. I hate characterization changes with anything in general, unless it's a cultural issue thing. I can give a bit of leeway where that's concerned.I was wondering about that too earlier in this thread. [/ QUOTE ]

Yah, that's not right. It's fine if you hate the character but just cuz you do doesn't mean they should change some ones work

[ QUOTE ] I was only assuming that Ken would be a student at Odaiba Junior High School as well as Takeru, Hikari, and Daisuke, but I couldn't see them not attending, other than Ken. He does live in Tamachi and it probably would be a hassle to get the train to Odaiba everyday. Miyako was about to start Odaiba JHS in movie 4 so we know she's there.Here's something interesting. Yamato x Sora was planned from the very beginning. I like Taichi x Sora but it always came across as one-sided to me, until 02 where you could see that Taichi had finally fallen for Sora. [ /QUOTE ]

So, the Zero Two cast would attend different high schools?

Beh, I never saw the connections between Matt x Sora, it just seemed like a random pairing added in cuz the writers loved Matt more than Tai
They hardly had any interactions in series one, not to mention the film almost made it seem like Sora x Tai they'd become canon at the end.
Hopefully the Digimon people saw the hatred of the Matt x Sora pairing and change it

[ QUOTE ] In the original ep where Taichi was encouraging Sora to face Yamato made more sense. She didn't know about Taichi's feelings at all. Neither did Yamato. The dub, some told me got the impression that Sora wanted to face Matt but was worried about hurting Tai's feelings.[ / QUOTE ]

That's odd, in the film it seemed like they hinted she knew of Tai's feelings and was happy about it. Was that dub added like what happened with Poke shipping in the first couple of series? That's messed up

[ QUOTE ] Yamato x Sora, Taichi x Sora, didn't matter to me. I liked both. lol. I liked a lot of pairings. I should post up a list. lol [/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's better to think that or you'll just get disappointed

Edit....

Here are some lists if my fav human characters, pairings, etc...

[ QUOTE ] [spoiler]Favorite Goggleboy
Matsuda Takato (Digimon Tamers) [ / QUOTE ]

It's nice to see some Davis fans, those are hard to find

Wow, long list
Old 08-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #70
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Quote:
The head writer at the time, Nimoy, didn't like the character and purposely wrote "Davis" that way. I hate characterization changes with anything in general, unless it's a cultural issue thing. I can give a bit of leeway where that's concerned.I was wondering about that too earlier in this thread.
Yah, that's not right. It's fine if you hate the character but just cuz you do doesn't mean they should change some ones work
Yeah, not very professional.

Quote:
Quote:
I was only assuming that Ken would be a student at Odaiba Junior High School as well as Takeru, Hikari, and Daisuke, but I couldn't see them not attending, other than Ken. He does live in Tamachi and it probably would be a hassle to get the train to Odaiba everyday. Miyako was about to start Odaiba JHS in movie 4 so we know she's there.Here's something interesting. Yamato x Sora was planned from the very beginning. I like Taichi x Sora but it always came across as one-sided to me, until 02 where you could see that Taichi had finally fallen for Sora.
So, the Zero Two cast would attend different high schools?
They wouldn't be in high school. They would be in junior high school or middle school and Iori would still be in elementary school for this upcoming series. I'm going by Japan's system.

In 02, all of the older kids were junior high school/middle school students, although it's unknown about Mimi since she was in the US. Maybe she was in high school.

The younger kids were all in elementary school (Odaiba Elementary) and Ken was at Tamachi Elementary iirc. Ken's the only one who didn't live in Odaiba.

As for the older kids for the upcoming series, there is a chance of them attending different high schools (I'm already expecting it for Jou). You have to test into high schools in Japan since high school isn't mandatory.
Quote:
Beh, I never saw the connections between Matt x Sora, it just seemed like a random pairing added in cuz the writers loved Matt more than Tai

They hardly had any interactions in series one, not to mention the film almost made it seem like Sora x Tai they'd become canon at the end.
Hopefully the Digimon people saw the hatred of the Matt x Sora pairing and change it
The novel is more in depth and movie 2 was supposedly not canon as far as that went as it wasn't intentional. Even in Bokura no Wargame (movie 2), it seemed one sided. Taichi didn't come across as liking her at all in that way.

Seems the main people who had a prob with the whole Yamato x Sora thing were those outside of Japan. It's like Matt x Mimi. Outside of Japan that seemed popular. Yamato x Mimi was never popular. Koushirou x Mimi seemed to be at one point and there's a drama cd to prove it. lol
Quote:
Quote:
In the original ep where Taichi was encouraging Sora to face Yamato made more sense. She didn't know about Taichi's feelings at all. Neither did Yamato. The dub, some told me got the impression that Sora wanted to face Matt but was worried about hurting Tai's feelings.
That's odd, in the film it seemed like they hinted she knew of Tai's feelings and was happy about it. Was that dub added like what happened with Poke shipping in the first couple of series? That's messed up
That had to have been added in. As for the Satoshi x Kasumi (Pokeshipping) thing, I still feel that it would've been made official if it would've ended when it was supposed to. There is that video of Kasumi with a kid.
Quote:
Quote:
Yamato x Sora, Taichi x Sora, didn't matter to me. I liked both. lol. I liked a lot of pairings. I should post up a list. lol
I guess it's better to think that or you'll just get disappointed
Even if I didn't, I wouldn't have cared too much either way.
Quote:
Quote:
[spoiler]Favorite Goggleboy
Matsuda Takato (Digimon Tamers)
It's nice to see some Davis fans, those are hard to find
I really liked him, but didn't care much for "Davis" but really liked Daisuke. His image theme is nice too. He pretty much praises the goggles Taichi gave him and treats them preciously and views it as his Crest of Courage. I liked him because of how friendly he was, and despite his crush on Hikari, he seemed to value his friendship with her and the others more. It was great how he wasn't affected by BelialVamdemon because he was content with his life.
Quote:
Wow, long list
Yep. lol

Last edited by ssjup81; 08-20-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #71
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
It was great how he wasn't affected by BelialVamdemon because he was content with his life.
This. This is why he was my favourite character in 02.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:22 PM   #72
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Just a quick reminder....

http://digimon-adventure.net

We must hatch the egg in order to get more info on the upcoming series.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:37 AM   #73
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I click every day.

Apparently you can open private browsing windows and attack him as many times as you want with them. I haven't tested this yet though, honestly a little lazy in that regard.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:13 AM   #74
ssjup81
Foot Elite

My laptop's keyboard is annoying to use now. I need to replace it so I only go to the site on my tablet at work since there's wifi here. That's also why I haven't been posting much lately.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #75
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

With 2015 coming up pretty fast, I hope we get an actual trailer soon
Old 08-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #76
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
With 2015 coming up pretty fast, I hope we get an actual trailer soon
Well you best start Nade-Nade as soon as you can
Old 08-29-2014, 12:51 AM   #77
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

For now... we must attack!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #78
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Perfect! lol
Old 09-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #79
Allio
Foot Elite

final stretch for NADE-NADE
Old 09-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #80
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Botamon has hatched and we now got a wait a moment sign. Not to sure what time it is in Japan compared to America they may be waiting later in the day there to release something. That or they didn't expect so many to nade-nade the egg.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon