The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #81
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Gohan was only 16 in the Buu arc. He's in his early 20's now.
Exactly. Hes a young adult now. So Goten and Trunks shouod be teens by now, not full grown adults like you said earlier.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:30 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's virtually no difference in teen/adult Trunks design assuming our present day Trunks looks identical to Future Trunks when he ages.

For example Future Trunks was 17 in the Cell arc. He just came back in the Zamasu arc and he's 31 now. Yet he looks exactly the same as he did when he was a teenager. If 30 year old Trunks looks just like 17 year old Trunks, I imagine the present day Trunks would age similarly.

Also I really like Goten's adult/teen design at the end of DBZ, much better than the GT design he had. I really hope we see more of older Goten, because as he is right now they're probably never going to do anything with kid Goten ever again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:15 PM   #83
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, Gohan's clothes, hairstyle and overall married life outlook really helps show he's not the same high schooler from the Buu saga. But yeah, Goten and Trunks should start looking like they do in those final dbz Eps by now.
Quote:
Gohan was only 16 in the Buu arc. He's in his early 20's now.
Yet if you swapped current Gohan in his current look for his Orange Star High School outfit, he'd look pretty much the same. Maybe a bit skinnier now, if anything.

Quote:
There's virtually no difference in teen/adult Trunks design assuming our present day Trunks looks identical to Future Trunks when he ages.

For example Future Trunks was 17 in the Cell arc. He just came back in the Zamasu arc and he's 31 now. Yet he looks exactly the same as he did when he was a teenager. If 30 year old Trunks looks just like 17 year old Trunks, I imagine the present day Trunks would age similarly.
Again, this kind of highlights how Toriyama handles aging in general, typically... Aside from Gohan noticeably growing a bit between the Namek/Frieza sagas and the Cell arcs, most Dragon Ball characters have a pretty standard "kid" size into their early teen years, then a big growth spurt when they're 16 or so, which then doesn't change too much into adulthood.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:55 PM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well yeah that's true. Even the human characters like Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Bulma, etc. look almost exactly the same over the span of 20 years aside from some different hair styles.

Krillin and Yamcha never age either. Yamcha and Bulma especially are around 44-45 years old now in Super's era.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:11 AM   #85
Allio
Foot Elite

to be fair. capsule corp probably has some great anti-aging Panchy is at least in her 60's or something.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:14 PM   #86
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Maybe they're like the Simpsons, ageless

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:22 PM   #87
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Maybe they're like the Simpsons, ageless
Uh, no.
This is Dragon Ball we're talking about here. Time certainly passes, but the way it's shown is different than other shows. People age, but it's not quite obvious for awhile, as previously mentioned.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:37 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Dragonball cast aging is actually one of my favorite aspects of the series. Not many other franchises out there age the main cast from kids, to teens, to adults, to showing them have children, to having them becoming grandparents.

The fact that Goku is a grandfather is mind blowing. For kids who started watching the original Dragonball back in 1986 in Japan, they could have never predicted this. Seeing Gohan grow up over the course of DBZ has also been great.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #89
CyberCubed
Overlord

Goddamn. That new animation. Holy crap. If it remains consistent this is like a totally different show.

Hope this tournament is good with all the returning cast.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #90
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Goddamn. That new animation. Holy crap. If it remains consistent this is like a totally different show.

Hope this tournament is good with all the returning cast.
I haven't seen the newest episodes, is that good or bad?
Old 02-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #91
CyberCubed
Overlord

The animation got a huge boost and they're using a different color pallette. I hope it remains consistent with all upcoming episodes.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #92
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Trunks and gotten are still elementary school age in super, not teenagers. And bulma is only 38. Bulma should be like 46-47 at this point according to the original time line for dragon ball, but toriyama tweaked the timeline to suit his narrative purposes for super. It happens sometimes, especially in shows the end for a long time and then come back.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:14 AM   #93
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bulma lied about her age in the party, Krillin says, "That can't be right" after she says her age.

And Trunks and Goten are supposed to be at least 12-13 by now. Gohan was only 16 in the Buu saga...he's now in his early 20's and has a child.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #94
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I saw it in an video talking about an interview Toriyama gave where he talked about the age discrepancy. I'll have to go look for it.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #95
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I guess they didn't want to change too much and keep things as familiar as possible. Maybe they were afraid the fans would hate the older Trunks and Goten like they did the GT Trunks and Goten.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #96
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I guess they didn't want to change too much and keep things as familiar as possible. Maybe they were afraid the fans would hate the older Trunks and Goten like they did the GT Trunks and Goten.
They're probably going to do to the end of DBZ after this arc. With Bulma being pregnant and Bra being born soon, I think this will be the last arc with the current cast before the timeskip. It makes sense too since everyone is getting one last hurrah in the action...aside from Yamcha I guess.

The next Super arc will likely focus on Pan and Uub, with hopefully adult Trunks and Goten as the new major characters. Which is what I wanted out of a new Dragonball show in the first place.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #97
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
They're probably going to do to the end of DBZ after this arc. With Bulma being pregnant and Bra being born soon, I think this will be the last arc with the current cast before the timeskip. It makes sense too since everyone is getting one last hurrah in the action...aside from Yamcha I guess.

The next Super arc will likely focus on Pan and Uub, with hopefully adult Trunks and Goten as the new major characters. Which is what I wanted out of a new Dragonball show in the first place.
I'd say they wouldn't create a whole new intro for just one arc.... but then again... Buu saga. Both regular DBZ and Kai.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #98
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Saw the latest episode. The animation is looking better, but I say it still has room to improve.
Spoiler:
Beerus and Goku's confrontation was interesting, Goku was pretty smart in that scene. Finally, the Universal Tournament is about to begin!! Oh, and Bulma's finally pregnant too. Vegeta was good in his scene too, a very responsible husband and father. Goku should take some notes.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #99
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:

Also I really like Goten's adult/teen design at the end of DBZ, much better than the GT design he had. I really hope we see more of older Goten, because as he is right now they're probably never going to do anything with kid Goten ever again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Yet if you swapped current Gohan in his current look for his Orange Star High School outfit, he'd look pretty much the same. Maybe a bit skinnier now, if anything.

Again, this kind of highlights how Toriyama handles aging in general, typically... Aside from Gohan noticeably growing a bit between the Namek/Frieza sagas and the Cell arcs, most Dragon Ball characters have a pretty standard "kid" size into their early teen years, then a big growth spurt when they're 16 or so, which then doesn't change too much into adulthood.
So just so everyone knows. Sayans do not physically age the same way Humans do, Hence why Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Future Trunks do not physically age.

Why Krillin doesn't look much order....well......who knows lol
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #100
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
So just so everyone knows. Sayans do not physically age the same way Humans do, Hence why Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Future Trunks do not physically age.

Why Krillin doesn't look much order....well......who knows lol
The humans don't age either and they're all in their 40's now.

Krillin, Bulma, Yamcha, Tien and Yajirobe are all in their mid 40's now. They don't look any older than they did in the Saiyan saga. I'd love to know what anti-aging methods they have in the Dragonball universe.

Hell, Mr. Satan has got to be pushing 50 himself given he has a 23 year old daughter.