The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Bill and Ted: Face The Music

Keanu Reeves & Alex Winter Confirmed For Threequel ‘Bill & Ted Face The Music’

Most Excellent!’ 27 years after we last saw the totally radical pairing of Ted “Theodore” Logan and Bill S. Preston Esq., Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are now confirmed to reprise their roles in a third Bill & Ted movie, I can reveal. Bloom is launching sales in Cannes on the long-gestating time-travel comedy, which is called Bill & Ted Face The Music. The movie is likely to be one of the hottest properties at the market.

Currently in pre-production, the movie has been written by the franchise’s original creators Chris Matheson (Imagine That) and Ed Solomon (Men in Black) with Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) confirmed to direct. Scott Kroopf (Limitless) will produce together with Alex Lebovici and Steve Ponce of Hammerstone Studios, with Steven Soderbergh serving as an executive producer alongside Scott Fischer, John Ryan Jr., and John Santilli.

When we last picked up with the most audacious dudes they were time-traveling teenagers trying to pass history class and win the battle of the bands. Once prophesized to save the universe with their rock and roll, according to the production the new movie will see the two best friends as middle-aged men with family responsibilities who have yet to fulfill their destiny. They’ve written thousands of tunes, but they have yet to write a good one, much less the greatest song ever written. With the fabric of time and space tearing around them, a visitor from the future warns the duo that only their music can save life as we know it. Out of luck and inspiration, Bill and Ted set out on another time travel adventure — with the help of their daughters, a new crop of historical figures, and some sympathetic music legends — to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe as we know it.

MGM owns the rights to the film and will release in the U.S. under their Orion Pictures banner while Bloom is handling international sales. Endeavor Content negotiated the U.S. deal. The project has already piqued the interest of buyers in Cannes, we understand.

Winter and Reeves said today, “We couldn’t be more excited to get the whole band back together again. Chris and Ed wrote an amazing script, and with Dean at the helm we’ve got a dream team!”

Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure and Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey became cultural landmarks for a certain generation — the nostalgia factor alone could be a big pull for some audiences — as well as lucrative comedies in their own right. The movie also comes at time when promising and scaled comedies are in short supply. Bloom’s Alex Walton said, “Fans of Bill and Ted have been waiting for Reeves and Winter to reunite since their last Bogus Journey in 1991. This is excellent!”

Reeves is currently in production on the third installment of the John Wick franchise. Winter has more recently transitioned to writing and directing with credits including Epix documentary Deep Web and VH1 documentary Downloaded. Next up he has Frank Zappa doc Zappa.

In Cannes, Bloom is also selling Julius Onah’s Luce starring Naomi Watts, Octavia Spencer, Tim Roth and Kelvin Harrison Jr.; Yuval Adler’s The Operative; Josh Trank’s Fonzo starring Tom Hardy; David Sandberg’s Kung Fury starring Michael Fassbender; Sam Levinson’s Assassination Nation, and Matthew Heineman’s A Private War starring Rosamund Pike.

Reeves is represented by WME and Ziffren Brittenham; Winter is represented by CAA, Forward Entertainment, Hollander Entertainment and Sloss Eckhouse LawCo; Parisot is represented by WME; and Hammerstone Studios is represented by Rosen Law Group.

http://collider.com/bill-and-ted-3-k..._medium=social

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 05-08-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So they finally got their money, just like they predicted not too far back. Great! Full steam ahead, then.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Great news. Really happy this worked out and they're finally moving forward.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #4
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So they finally got their money, just like they predicted not too far back. Great! Full steam ahead, then.
This will send the author of this article into a teething frenzy....but WTH.

"Along the way, they will be helped by their daughters, a new batch of historical figures, and a few music legends."

I sincerely hope this is a misprint by the EW people. it's pretty clear Bill and Tedd had SONS at the end of part 2. Please do not SJW another movie. especially one that was this heartfelt and fun.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #5
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I can't wait for this one. Wow 27 years and I thought I waited a long time for an Incredibles sequel.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
"Along the way, they will be helped by their daughters,
Quote:
it's pretty clear Bill and Tedd had SONS at the end of part 2.
Oh wow, you're right. I forgot about that. Yeah, it's literally "Little Bill" and "Little Ted" at the end of Bogus Journey.

Yeah, that's a little concerning.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

...there was a sequel to the first one?!
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, and it was much more surreal.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yeah, and it was much more surreal.
I remember not liking it much at all... but then again I haven't seen either film in probably over 20 years.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #10
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I remember not liking it much at all... but then again I haven't seen either film in probably over 20 years.
I've seen the original a few times. Last time probably almost a decade ago or so. Nice weekend movie. My favourite part is when a king tells his udnerlings to "put them in the Iron Maiden" and Bill and Ted excitedly say "IRON MAIDEN! "
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #11
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
ya Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey it adds the best character ever to the Bill and Ted Franchise. Death.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder if they'll keep the same wives from the first two movies, or if they'll have already left Bill and Ted by this point, never to be seen again.

And there's no reason William Sadler couldn't come back as Death. With no Carlin they have to do something.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #13
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
I wonder if they'll keep the same wives from the first two movies, or if they'll have already left Bill and Ted by this point, never to be seen again.

And there's no reason William Sadler couldn't come back as Death. With no Carlin they have to do something.
Sadler is coming back as Death that was conformed a while back.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Sadler is coming back as Death that was conformed a while back.
No kidding? That's awesome.

Yeah, you're right:
http://www.slashfilm.com/bill-and-te...-sadler-death/
Old 05-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #15
Ninjinister
無問題

This is one of those where I won't believe it's happening until there's a trailer, because of how many times B&T3 has been "announced" over the decades.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
This is one of those where I won't believe it's happening until there's a trailer, because of how many times B&T3 has been "announced" over the decades.
This is different. This is the first time they have financing in order, a studio behind it, and distribution. Having a director doesn't hurt either. None of these things they've had any of the times they've announced they're "working on it" (which just meant the script).
Old 05-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #17
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

new Interview with Ed Solomon from Collider

http://collider.com/bill-and-ted-3/#ed-solomon

Bill's Daughter is named Thea and Ted's is named Billie
Old 05-13-2018, 04:32 AM   #18
drgon78
Mad Scientist

That would be really funny if they were so dumb as to name their daughters after themselves.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:44 AM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
That would be really funny if they were so dumb as to name their daughters after themselves.
It would be more bizarre than anything else. "Bogus Journey" had them name their sons "Little Ted" and "Little Bill"... so same with the mystery daughters, too? And their wives just let them do that twice in a row?
Old 05-13-2018, 06:33 AM   #20
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
It would be more bizarre than anything else.
Yep. and the audience would pick up INSTANTLY, I'd hope, on what the writers where trying to do, any any good will the franchise had would start to fade away.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bill & cuck, sjws face the music