The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #41
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It would be stupid if Leo willingly went over to the Foot without it being an undercover type deal. The guy killed him in a past life and wants his father dead. He runs a criminal empire. There's no redeeming qualities that could make Leo see them in a positive light.
Of course it would be stupid, but that would also make it super interesting. I truly don't know how it could be done since, as you say, there is nothing that could make him see them in a positive light; but maybe there is someway in which all this could work. And be honest, wouldn't that be more interesting than the 'went undercover to gather info' type thing they are constantly doing everywhere else? Again I'm not saying it would make sense, but if the whole mental instability thing ends up altering something else aside from their personalities, it wouldn't need to; insane people are prone to do crazy things.

I still have a little hope that there is something in that book that may make something inside Leo's head snap... though after the professor read some passages in the last issue, the book seems more of an encyclopedia than a soul corrupting device.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #42
ToTheNines
[sic]

The instability thing is something I hadn't considered, could be cool. However... how do you come back from that? He just randomly comes to his senses?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #43
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The instability thing is something I hadn't considered, could be cool. However... how do you come back from that? He just randomly comes to his senses?
Maybe splinter can bitchslap some sense into him?

Joke aside, I'm not sure. Maybe they could go with the usual 'family about to die' scenario where he realizes that he has gone too far (someone could be yelling some epic lines before the comeback like 'you were supposed to lead us against shredder, not join him!' a la star wars or some f bombs from donnie... what? it seems like something he would do ); then Leo proceeds to risk his life to redeem himself. It's a bit cliche but it feels rather epic... though I really don't think they'll go down this path. The undercover thing seems way more likely.

Another cool one could be that, at somepoint, they are all fighting leo and one of his brothers knocks him out, and takes him somewhere safe.... where splinter can bitchslap some sense into him
Old 03-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #44
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
It would be stupid if Leo willingly went over to the Foot without it being an undercover type deal. The guy killed him in a past life and wants his father dead. He runs a criminal empire. There's no redeeming qualities that could make Leo see them in a positive light.

So yeah, I'm down with Leo doing it as a means to take the Foot down (Aqualad style), but then that just makes Shredder look like a frigging idiot if he takes him in and makes him his #2 just like that. At least with Aqualad, Black Manta is his biological father and pretended to turn on the heroes because Aquagirl died during a mission.
Agreed^but I bet his brothers wont know or not even splinter
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #45
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Actually the full backstory is not revealed yet, so they could come up with something from the distant past, which would radically change how Leo looks on Splinter, and driven by anger, he would join the Foot Clan. Of course, later he would come to his senses and betray Shredder.
It would be epic this way, but it needs a lot of preparation to make this believable, it would be too sudden in this case. So they'll probably go with something like this:
Foot ninjas beat up Raph & Casey (I think that's confirmed), they capture them, and Leo joins Shredder for ransom of Raph/Casey's life. And of course Leo plans to betray the foot, and only use the time to learn their weakness.

Also, there's a good chance for Karai betraying Shredder.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #46
Taylon
Mouser

Leo did state "...covert infiltration's...a job for a ninja." in issue 19. A foreshadowing of future possible motives?
Taylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #47
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylon View Post
Leo did state "...covert infiltration's...a job for a ninja." in issue 19. A foreshadowing of future possible motives?
Eh, I don't read much into that considering the situation.

However, in Foot Clan #1 that line "if you know your enemy as well as yourself, you'll win 100 battles" definitely stood out coming from Leo.

Again, awesome of Leo... not so awesome of Shredder if he falls for it just like that.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #48
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Perhaps after realizing that Oroku Saki is the victim of the unfortunate circumstances of Tatsuo, he will join the Foot in the hope of "good side" of the Shredder in hopes of turning him
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #49
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

maybe Leo will join the foot clan and try to start an insurrection with the clan to over throw shredder????
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #50
Lampy
Stone Warrior

I like actually like where this is going. However, as convenient and on-character it may be, covert work within the foot just seems boring to me. i guess it's the most logical explanation there is out there. i just wish it were another reason to join the foot. i want leonardo to willingly join the shredder. it's stupid and out of character... nearly impossible. but i hope Tom doesn't go the cliche route and have him join to gather information. again... it's logical but i wish it was a different. I know Tom will give us a compelling reason for him to join though. maybe leonardo can even learn a few moves from shredder... making him a wicked fighter having been trained by both splinter and shredder. leonardo with tatsuo takeshi fighting style would be something to behold.

again... i'm looking forward to an epic Raph/Leo confrontation that seems to be looming...

Last edited by Lampy; 03-04-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #51
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

My super-brief co-writer commentary on the issue over at my Tumblr: http://erikburnham.tumblr.com/

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #52
Martin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
My super-brief co-writer commentary on the issue over at my Tumblr: http://erikburnham.tumblr.com/
"One issue to go, folks. Ready to find out how Shredder came to the modern day? YOU WILL!"

Cool! I'm looking forward to this

Btw, loved your idea of having Leo take off his bandana to cover his wound. As speng wrote on his blog, it's nice to know those things aren't glued to their faces

PS: I still think the whole helmet toss thing would have worked... I want to believe
Old 03-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #53
TheCollector
Hench Mutant

Anyone else finding the parallels between this and the Nick series regarding Karai and Leo kinda funny.

Right now in the nick series Leo's all loving on Karai, Karai finds him the one interesting thing in the city, and Raph is so against Leo liking her.

Yet in this issue of the IDW series, Leo is starting to hate Karai, Karai thinks little of Leo and Raph is making jokes about the two of them going out.

I might be the only one seeing this, but to me it's just kinda funny.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #54
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Not the first time I've accidentally tapped into similar-yet-different ideas with something I've written for the comics (in this case dialogue choice) and the cartoon.

I'm sure I'll be slapping myself upside the head when I see all the eps I've missed… I'll bet there's more accidental similarities. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #55
joefsas
Stone Warrior

I'm not usually into comics but would love to start reading alot more of em. Iv'e heard nothing but good reviews of the history of the foot clan series and perhaps it may be a good start? Aaaaaaaaand....................................... ..can you buy it in the UK? Cheers guys
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #56
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

If you have trouble, I can get this series for you possibly.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #57
Powder
So tired of this place

It's not a good start. It's a god-tier book, but you'll be confused reading it without having read through chunks of the IDW series. Just start from the beginning.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #58
joefsas
Stone Warrior

The trouble is, comics aren't that easy to pick up in the uk. unless i'm just not looking hard enough
And there are so many different series of tmnt comics that i wldnt have a clue where to start

And bearing in mind that i am a complete novice/noob when it comes to comic books. But they have always facinated me, especially the artwork
Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 AM   #59
Powder
So tired of this place

Well, the IDW series is only near 30 issues in if you count the mini-series', and everything is still in print, so hunting that stuff down would be a lot less daunting than old school Mirage books (though you can find those conveniently collected in big hardcovers through IDW now). Either way, all the comics kick ass and you should look into 'em. There have been a lot of "Where do I start" sorts of threads, searching for and reading those would put you on a good path.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #60
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
The trouble is, comics aren't that easy to pick up in the uk. unless i'm just not looking hard enough
And there are so many different series of tmnt comics that i wldnt have a clue where to start
Dedicated comic stores for the most part, either places such as Forbidden Planet, or other shops. Many of which you can do online or over the phone, I have my pull list with a place up near Milton Keynes for example. Which reminds me, need to phone them as I still haven't gotten any of the SotFC issues yet...

Tags
comic discussion, idw, mini-series