The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

View Poll Results: If someone commits a felony, should the go to prison?
Absolutely. Criminals must be punished. 8 88.89%
No. I am against punishment for proven felons. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2018, 04:18 AM   #1
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Federal Prosecutors Determine Trump Committed a Felony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA4DUPY9rUk

Federal prosecutors have determined that Trump ordered and paid his lawyer to break the law.

Despite absolute panic and denial from Trump's base, the fact that prosecutors have moved on this indicates concrete evidence against Trump.

While it is unconfirmed, many intelligent experts have speculated that Trump's recent surrender to ISIS and vindictive shut down of the government was a boorish ploy to draw media attention away from what may be heinous crimes.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:04 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

*yawn*

Sounds like every single one of the 1,000 "there's smoke!" and "the tightening noose!" or "ANY... DAY... NOW!" blurbs from the past 2 years. Of which 0 has emerged. But a sort of hatred-fueled hope keeps propping this sort of stuff up... never to be spoken of again when nothing comes of it in 2-3 months. As always. Until the next trailer hitch to attach rage-hope onto emerges for the hard left to high five each other about until it becomes clear it was nothingburger. Like all the other times.

And yes, if a felony is committed and prosecuted and proven and jail time is deemed the course of action by a court of law, absolutely. Not the court of very, very angry liberals in the media and social media.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-23-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:44 AM   #3
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
*yawn*

Sounds like every single one of the 1,000 "there's smoke!" and "the tightening noose!" or "ANY... DAY... NOW!" blurbs from the past 2 years. Of which 0 has emerged. But a sort of hatred-fueled hope keeps propping this sort of stuff up... never to be spoken of again when nothing comes of it in 2-3 months. As always. Until the next trailer hitch to attach rage-hope onto emerges for the hard left to high five each other about until it becomes clear it was nothingburger. Like all the other times.

And yes, if a felony is committed and prosecuted and proven and jail time is deemed the course of action by a court of law, absolutely. Not the court of very, very angry liberals in the media and social media.
As soon as next Marvel or Star Wars movie will be released, our progressive friends will be sufficiently distracted from shouting on Trump.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
As soon as next Marvel or Star Wars movie will be released, our progressive friends will be sufficiently distracted from shouting on Trump.
True! Just have to make it 12 months...
Old 12-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
Vegita-San
Emperor

it's been how many years, and NOTHING solid has popped up yet to get rid of him?

I honestly don't see whythey either hate this guy so much, or are so afraid of him. but it's one or the other.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
it's been how many years, and NOTHING solid has popped up yet to get rid of him?

I honestly don't see whythey either hate this guy so much, or are so afraid of him. but it's one or the other.
For some people, it's a matter of principle and national honor. Not that the other side's candidate would have done much better.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #7
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

It's important to note that many of Trump's affiliates and confidants have been indicted and even found guilty of crimes.

It's getting harder and harder to believe that Trump himself isn't guilty, too.

Hillary wouldn't have done this. That's for certain. She had tons of investigations against her, and none of them turned up anything. It's unfortunate that Trump was actually involved with criminals.

I'm sure justice will be served in this case.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:57 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
It's unfortunate that Trump was actually involved with criminals.

He... but... he's a multi-millionaire...

We'll deal with him right after we get done punishing all the OTHER rich people who peddled money and perks in exchange for power and influence. We'll ship 'em all off on the same boat.

Do a lot of folks really try and pretend they'd behave any differently than this guy (or these other white collar criminal types) if they had the chance? I think that's what amuses me the most. The entire point of amassing wealth and power is so that rules don't apply to you anymore. Outside of simple jealousy, WHY do we demonize people for playing the game exactly the way it was designed to be played?

Because we're "Good people"? Go find $100 million and watch how fast that "Good Person" sh*t evaporates. If your earnings are over 7 figures, your compatriots are brigands and thieves. Why we ever pretend differently is a mystery to me.

I guess we're addicted to being outraged. I just laugh.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:05 PM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

The way this thread has been written to "report" on the "crime" is absolutely hysterical!

The only negative position the country has been in since Trump took office is the state of the stock market, and that is wholeheartedly the fault of the fed. And so, even the left has benefited from this guy's work in office and they refuse to see it. When these people are aging and getting ready to die without cross-generational or possibly even real personal growth, rarely ever owning homes or doing much of actual value, and the U.S. has been distilled down to a nationwide U.N. or global lackey, they will still be on their death bed with their cliche belief system swearing they were right, even if the facts state otherwise.

That is the real problem with modern politics.

So many people without real knowledge, but yet swear that have it because they are walking the walk of the tenets bought from some "leadership class" or something somewhere that taught them how to emulate the real thinkers of history without actually being one.

Last edited by IMJ; 12-23-2018 at 10:33 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:11 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
It's important to note that many of Trump's affiliates and confidants have been indicted and even found guilty of crimes.

ya Cohen 3 and a half years in Prison for paying hush money to women using trump's money during an election

Manafort constantly lying to officials during the investigation

Flynn was so far up Russia's butt the judge said he sold out his country. Sentencing sometime in March 2019
Old 12-23-2018, 10:37 PM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The only negative position the country has been in since Trump took office is the state of the stock market.
Well, that and the whining. For many, it's been a full-time job for two years running. I'm sure the stress is high and the pay nonexistent, but it must be extremely rewarding to bitch and whine day by day over things you have zero control over... because people can't stop doing it!

Some of them make really lame life choices, too, because they feel like it will benefit them, but really, their priorities are what needs fixing. Late-Nov. 2016, a girl came in and signed up for my gym; short-term, said she'd only be around until March because "my girlfriend and I are moving to Canada in the spring, because the situation here has obviously become a disaster." I'm like, "okay". Not my business, I didn't bring it up, but anyway. She was in her early-20s, talked a good game about "owning her own business", but then wanted to haggle over our Enrollment, which isn't uncommon but she certainly made it sound like she was well-off enough for it to not be a factor. Come to find out, her "business" was sending people perfume samples in the mail or something like that. In my head, I'm like, "Okay. So you're right out of college, may or may not have ever worked a real job, but you think mail-order perfume samples is equitable to 'running your own business', so probably not, and you're planning a major life upheaval and a long-distance move to another country to escape some imaginary lifestyle persecution that exists solely in your head. This is all gonna go seriously well for you." Inevitably had some issues paying her bills with us on account of needing to save money for that huge life-changing move that was gonna solve ALL of her life problems.

Sometimes I wonder if people like that realize how much better they'd have it if they stopped seeing invisible enemies around every corner, stopped peeking over the fence to see if the grass is any greener (and if it is, it's probably a trick of the light ), and actually applied themselves to improving their life situation in the here and now. I guess some people really need a "crusade", but that's gotta be exhausting.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Do a lot of folks really try and pretend they'd behave any differently than this guy (or these other white collar criminal types) if they had the chance? I think that's what amuses me the most. The entire point of amassing wealth and power is so that rules don't apply to you anymore. Outside of simple jealousy, WHY do we demonize people for playing the game exactly the way it was designed to be played?
Hugely disagree. Only ones even trying to "design" it that way are the ones trying to set it up for their own benefit to begin with, not how things inherently are. Anyone that crappy deserves it to bite them in the ass big time and pay for it; nor get off easy just because others haven't paid for it first yet. There is no way such selfishness doesn't terribly impact other people, etc. Exactly why these assholes now think that it's A-OKAY to play these financial games with longtime companies like Sears, Toys R US and others, bleeding them dry until they destroy the companies and many jobs for their own gain. It's the sort of people I want to kick in the face, preferably with a steel toed boot.

It's this kind of crap that makes my former employer, Sears, to end up filing bankrupts in October, after so many stores and jobs lost, and the bankruptcy court agrees that they can give the executives, the same people who screwed it over to begin with, many millions of dollars in bonuses. All while they've basically killed the company, many jobs, some employees have been screwed out of their severance, and tried to deny Canadian employees their pensions. But bonuses for all who freely abuse it for their own benefit, hooray.

And even though the CEO has apparently stepped down from that role, he's still heavily invested and his hedge fund is still deeply involved, so he'll still gain as much for himself as he can and manipulate it as much as possible to ensure it. Not to mention he's longtime buddies with Steve Mnuchin, one of Trump's minions, so it's unsurprising to me that people who try to eff things/people over for their own personal gain are all part of the same circle. That sort deserves to be rocketed into the sun. Really makes me wonder what company they'll buy and kill next for profit.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Not really, no. Anyone that's been indicted or found guilty of crimes is either people pretty far removed from him or people that he fired. People on the left drinking the Kool Aid act like his whole inner circle has been "exposed" or something.

Quote:
Yes of course. For the really, really angry, emotional people on the left, that is. Hold on to the hope! Your hate will make you strong!

Quote:
Yep! ANY... DAY... NOW!
Old 12-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #14
Leo656
The Franchise

Indigo: I don't think I said "This is awesome for everyone". More like, "It is what it is, stop trying to punch out the ocean and live your life."

All life is a game of Us vs. Them ("Them", of course, being Rich People). Anyone who is not "Them" will forever be struggling to get by, and sometimes it's easier than others. The ultimate goal is to make the necessary sacrifices to become one of "Them"; however, this also requires that a lot of things like basic human decency have to be shed along the way as a matter of course, because they will prevent one from ultimately moving ahead in life. One cannot have a conscience; one cannot think of how one's actions will affect those beneath them on the ladder. These things will prevent a person from finding the drive to slit the throat of the person ahead of them on said ladder.

All life is about Choice. As far as financial success, one can be a Rich Person or a Good Person, but not both. Everyone has to decide early on in life which they want to be, and apply themselves to that, but also one must be realistic that choosing Option B is going to forever put a cap on how far you're going to go.

Once a person realizes this, they stop being so frustrated by snakes behaving in the snakelike manner nature always intended for them. It's very liberating.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No, you didn't. But being affected by said snakes makes it hard to be okay with watching them continue to destroy things and never answer for it.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Indigo: I don't think I said "This is awesome for everyone". More like, "It is what it is, stop trying to punch out the ocean and live your life."

All life is a game of Us vs. Them ("Them", of course, being Rich People). Anyone who is not "Them" will forever be struggling to get by, and sometimes it's easier than others. The ultimate goal is to make the necessary sacrifices to become one of "Them"; however, this also requires that a lot of things like basic human decency have to be shed along the way as a matter of course, because they will prevent one from ultimately moving ahead in life. One cannot have a conscience; one cannot think of how one's actions will affect those beneath them on the ladder. These things will prevent a person from finding the drive to slit the throat of the person ahead of them on said ladder.

All life is about Choice. As far as financial success, one can be a Rich Person or a Good Person, but not both. Everyone has to decide early on in life which they want to be, and apply themselves to that, but also one must be realistic that choosing Option B is going to forever put a cap on how far you're going to go.

Once a person realizes this, they stop being so frustrated by snakes behaving in the snakelike manner nature always intended for them. It's very liberating.
I'm curious, Leo... not saying I disagree, but where do wealthy philanthropists fit into that "be Good or be Rich" scheme?
Old 12-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

Indigo: That being the problem with choosing Option B.

You don't own your life until you're making 6 figures or above. Until then, other people own you. It's a tough state of being, for sure, but that is indeed how it works. Autonomy is for the wealthy. Otherwise, you're a pawn, and pawns are occasionally sacrificed so the Kings and Queens can have a better spot on the board.

There's a difference between "acceptance" and "being okay with it." No, it's not okay, but expecting it to be different leads to eternal disappointment. You can't change it. I'm not very religious, but there's MUCH wisdom in the Serenity Prayer, and people would do well to live by it.

Or, as noted scholar "Macho Man" Randy Savage always said, "What it is, is what it is." Y'know, whichever.
--------------------------

CKD: Those people have skeletons in their closets the likes of which you or I couldn't even comprehend. I've said many times, you should always be extremely wary of anyone waving a giant "I'm a Good Person" flag. They're always hiding something.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:21 PM   #18
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not really, no. Anyone that's been indicted or found guilty of crimes is either people pretty far removed from him or people that he fired.
Trump had assured us many times that he would hire only the best people. It's unfortunate that he was unable to do that. Also, the people I mentioned did seem pretty close.

I may be misinformed, but Cohen was able to get close enough to Trump that Cohen was able to tape record the President. Apparently, at one point the President even let Cohen handle money on the President's behalf.

As the report indicates, they may have been close enough for direct communication. Federal prosecutors felt they were close enough to determine Trump committed a felony.

I suppose blaming the Secret Service for letting some unknown agent into the orbit of someone like the President of the United States is appropriate here. There's no way he should've been allowed within money-accepting distance.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, he seems to have a really bad (and quite self focused) idea of what "best" even means. He can't mean best for the country or best at the job... maybe just best at doing his bidding without question. The amount of people who have left or been "fired" by him, esp certain ones like Mattis, is crazy.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:31 PM   #20
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA4DUPY9rUk

Federal prosecutors have determined that Trump ordered and paid his lawyer to break the law.

Despite absolute panic and denial from Trump's base, the fact that prosecutors have moved on this indicates concrete evidence against Trump.

While it is unconfirmed, many intelligent experts have speculated that Trump's recent surrender to ISIS and vindictive shut down of the government was a boorish ploy to draw media attention away from what may be heinous crimes.
Thats a little far stretch and we have by no means surrendered to ISIS. We withdrew from Syria........ We still perform operations within the region to combat ISIS.
Also he is not solely responsible for the government shutdown.... He is not even directly responsible. Congress could not agree on a budget. I blame trump for not being the leader he claims he is. He also famously said that it is the president's job to lead by example, bring both parties together to prevent the government shutdown.

Quote:

Hillary wouldn't have done this. That's for certain. She had tons of investigations against her, and none of them turned up anything. It's unfortunate that Trump was actually involved with criminals.

Clinton broke many laws and regulations with her email scandal. She was improperly leaking classified emails. What makes it worse is that the Prosecutor was but friend with the Clinton's and met with Bill Clinton while all this going, many people think the Clinton's used their political pull to prevent her from going to jail or from even getting in trouble.

While I do think Clinton should have been reprimanded for breaking the laws/regulation in regards with the email scandal. I don't believe she should have been jailed for the incident.

As for Trump they keep saying he has commit a felony I am still waiting for an indictment. If he has committed a felony he needs to be trialed, convicted, punished and impeached. There is absolutely no reason he should not be indicted if they have the evidence. Not even the president is above the law and should be held to a higher standard if anything.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote