The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Will we hit issue 200?
Yes 33 47.14%
No 37 52.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2023, 01:32 PM   #141
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though it is interesting to note that while almost all of the people voting "No" post at least once in a while on the board... the overwhelming majority of the people voting "Yes" don't post at all, or haven't in years (or when they did post, it was just to Supprt Currnt Turtle Product™).
Yeah, a little sad isn't it...

Personally I'm not really willing to vote on this matter because I genuinely don't feel confident one way or the other. On one hand, it is true that the series only needs to last another five years to get to 200 issues and has somehow kept going for three years after it became a stinker, so never say never? On the other hand, IDW itself is circling the drain and we don't know if it can legitimately keep going for another five years, plus the fact that when a new writer takes over, I could easily them thinking the current IDW continuity is too tainted to bother continuing and just does a clean reboot (which would happen with a new publisher regardless).

So yeah, not sure what to say about this. I'm technically leaning towards no, but I genuinely don't know.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 05:23 PM   #142
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though it is interesting to note that while almost all of the people voting "No" post at least once in a while on the board... the overwhelming majority of the people voting "Yes" don't post at all, or haven't in years (or when they did post, it was just to Supprt Currnt Turtle Product™).
That was my first thought. How many of them do you remember posting within the last few months? How many of them have 'real' sounding handles? For example...I dont recall ever seeing anything from "bgb1018" and the name looks 'sock puppet'-ish.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 05:48 PM   #143
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
They're already on #140 and the TMNT brand of comics show no sign of slowing down. I feel like it's more likely than not that we'll get another 60 issues, regardless of perceived quality.

That being said, either option could happen. If it does end prematurely, I feel like the final issue will be closer to 200 than the opposite.
I actually voted "Yes" after a long time on the fence, and I (still) agree with this sentiment despite everything. It'll go beyond #150 for sure.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 03:58 PM   #144
CyberCubed
Overlord

Interesting enough this years IDW Free Comic Book day issue is just a re-print of the first original cartoon comic and a Rise of the TMNT comic of all things bundled together.

Remember when IDW's Free Comic Book day issue would have some new content in it for IDW's main continuity? This is the first year they didn't do it and just re-printed an issue for the cartoons of all things. I wonder if this is a warning sign.

I'm honestly surprised they're doing an Annual this year but that was probably planned months ago before they knew they were cutting 39% of their workforce.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:04 PM   #145
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Interesting enough this years IDW Free Comic Book day issue is just a re-print of the first original cartoon comic and a Rise of the TMNT comic of all things bundled together.

Remember when IDW's Free Comic Book day issue would have some new content in it for IDW's main continuity? This is the first year they didn't do it and just re-printed an issue for the cartoons of all things. I wonder if this is a warning sign.

I'm honestly surprised they're doing an Annual this year but that was probably planned months ago before they knew they were cutting 39% of their workforce.
The only times the FCBD issue has been new content for the main IDW continuity was 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022 - four years out of twelve since the series started.
We are however getting a fourth consecutive Annual issue this year after previously only having two in 2012 and 2014.
Old 05-26-2023, 07:37 AM   #146
PrestonC
Random Punk

If the comic had maintained the quality it had from issues 1-50, then yeah, it would reach 200 without question. But the quality has plummeted so far since 100, that even though I’m a huge TMNT fan, I hope they wrap up the remaining story threads and put it out of its misery. I’m multiple months behind because I just don’t care anymore. It’s so sad to see how far it has fallen.
PrestonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:40 AM   #147
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'd say they should have enough time to cover that future plot with Armaggon they seem to be setting up, but that could be the final story arc of the series.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:30 PM   #148
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I'd say they should have enough time to cover that future plot with Armaggon they seem to be setting up, but that could be the final story arc of the series.
I was actually confused by what exactly Armaggon is. He is not a mutant shark from a future timeline, but some arterial being?
Old 05-26-2023, 06:14 PM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I was actually confused by what exactly Armaggon is. He is not a mutant shark from a future timeline, but some arterial being?
Seems to be some sort of God creature I guess.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:40 PM   #150
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Not sure if I can still look forward to these. These big events are always hyped, but end up being disappointing anti-climaxes. It's all back to square one, the same thing over and over again, The Turtles has no real character development.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:52 PM   #151
CyberCubed
Overlord

They'll just do the, "Turtles and their friends are drifting apart" story they already did like 5 times over and then have them all get back together again after 10 issues. And also the "forming alliances" nonsense which we already know is happening with Alopex joining with the weasels and Karai already doing that.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:02 AM   #152
ChosenOne
Banned

Alopex: I'm sick and tired of these ninja clans!

Also Alopex: I'm gonna start me a ninja clan!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:54 PM   #153
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

The Turtles also become so passive and good for nothing. Always had to ally with old enemies to fight a greater evil. Their action may even enabled these villains. When things are over. These old enemies will only get more benefit, and may even become a greater threat in the future.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 11:05 PM   #154
CyberCubed
Overlord

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...00-000-quarter

They lost $200,000 last quarter, although an improvement over 2022
Old 06-20-2023, 10:58 AM   #155
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...00-000-quarter

They lost $200,000 last quarter, although an improvement over 2022
Again - news for the peasant thinker who wants to think that sales are "better".
Nnnnnope. That "loss improvement" is a result of the all of the job cuts and liquidations they held after their stock de-listing.

It's basically the equivalent of you being overextended so you cancel your monthly Nextflix and the next month isn't as bad because this time you don't have the 19.99 bill.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 02:49 PM   #156
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Two months ago, their stock dropped to .40. Since the start of june its floating in the .50 range
Old 06-20-2023, 04:41 PM   #157
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if they'll make it through 2024. 2025 is probably pushing it.
Old 06-30-2023, 11:18 PM   #158
Donnie
Something from the Past

I'm going to be optimistic and say yes; however, that's because I'm surprised it has lasted this long.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 03:51 PM   #159
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Staggering losses for IDW..

Old 09-25-2023, 11:21 PM   #160
GameCobra
Random Punk

I don't know the full history of IDW over the years, but from a modern reader perspective, I feel this comic can definitely push 200 and more based on the direction the comic is going after comic version 100.

I loved the Mutant Town arc and the new turtle team with Jennika and Alopex replacing Splinter (Will definitely miss him :'( ) and the whole Splinter Dojo theme the comic was going with and the flood of more Mutants in New York in general. It generally felt like Sophie Campbell was setup to write the series into a transitional phase for the second generation and focus on a recovery phase after Issue 100, honestly.

I will say, though, is that I do feel like Dr. Barlow could've been introduced earlier in the comic and brought the turtles back into action alot sooner as early as 112. The only problem I had with the comic after issue 100 is that the slice of life stuff that the turtles and the rest of the case was well deserved after issue 100, but I felt it could've been done much shorter.
GameCobra is offline   Reply With Quote