2K3, what's "life ooze"?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
2K3, what's "life ooze"?
It's the mutagen in it's most basic from according to the IDW series. Instead of turning animals into humanoids, it restores youth and regrows limbs.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #43
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Mutagen is just modified "Ooze", I'm assuming based on the results of Splinter's experimentation. But that is not what it is naturally for.

I question why the Utroms bother with artificial limb replacement and allowing the growth of scar tissue, then I realized they probably started cutting back when they realized they were running out.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:06 AM   #44
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

I'll need to think more on this into what I would like but I do know I would like for the show to have some slice of life episodes here and there. Sometimes it could just be an episode of the Turtles camping a few dramatic moments here and there but overall a fun episode.

Or flip side an episode that is like Tales of Ba Sing Se from Avatar a collection of short stories that tie together loosely but never intersect. Mirage wasn't all doom and gloom after all.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:56 AM   #45
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Direct Mirage or IDW would be pretty great, sure.

Alternatively I'd totally watch something kind of "late mirage" with an emphasis on the family / friends of the family elements. Shadow and whatnot. Focus on the relationships and have them already well established, might be cool? Probably a challenge to write that way though.

Another concept I'd like to see sometime is something that REALLY gets into the whole multiverse concept at length. Get into the "good shredders and evil splinters" and more obscure characters realizing they have no alternate universe selves.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #46
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's the mutagen in it's most basic from according to the IDW series. Instead of turning animals into humanoids, it restores youth and regrows limbs.
So while there's lava floating around at the Earth's core, in DW mutagen floats around at the core of Hirobyl (or in your propose)?
Old 10-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #47
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
So while there's lava floating around at the Earth's core, in DW mutagen floats around at the core of Hirobyl (or in your propose)?
Planet Utrominon, and it's not really known where on the planet you can find it, just that it's important for it's eco system.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:44 PM   #48
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Planet Utrominon, and it's not really known where on the planet you can find it, just that it's important for it's eco system.
OK. So while the Earth lakes, rivers, seas and oceans are full with water those on Utrominon are full with mutagen.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 11-04-2016 at 05:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:27 AM   #49
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You got that almost 20 years ago.
you mean this?

Old 10-31-2016, 07:09 AM   #50
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I never really thought about it. I guess my ideal show would honor or pay homage to previous incarnations (Easter eggs) with a balance of seriousness and lightheartedness that's not afraid to permanently kill out characters if helps with character development. Anyway, in regards to the seriousness thing, for me, the fact that the 2k3 series seemed to take itself so seriously, initially turned me away from it. Someday I'll watch that series in full.

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-31-2016 at 07:20 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #51
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I never really thought about it. I guess my ideal show would honor or pay homage to previous incarnations (Easter eggs) with a balance of seriousness and lightheartedness that's not afraid to permanently kill out characters if helps with character development. Anyway, in regards to the seriousness thing, for me, the fact that the 2k3 series seemed to take itself so seriously, initially turned me away from it. Someday I'll watch that series in full.
I didn't like the 2003 series either at first, but it grew on me after watching a few later episodes. It could've had more comic relief, particularly in the early seasons.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:07 PM   #52
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I didn't like the 2003 series either at first, but it grew on me after watching a few later episodes. It could've had more comic relief, particularly in the early seasons.
I think the 2k3 show had the right amount of balance for serious tone and humor. There's a few reference's to pop culture and my favorite thing is proper homage to Bruce Lee and not a terribly poor imitation like the Nick toon's attempt.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:58 PM   #53
LuckyLadybug
Thug

I'm writing my ideal Turtles show as a series of fanfiction stories. Basically, it's the 87 series picked up right before the season 7 finale, and instead of the Technodrome ending up in Dimension X without anyone aboard or the Red Sky episodes, we get Baxter Stockman finally becoming human again, the Turtles and Splinter trying to help him when he ends up very delirious and ill from the stress of the cross-fusion being forcefully ended, and Barney Stockman working for Shredder. It delves into the Stockman brothers' backstories and personalities and deals with Baxter trying to get used to being human again and still dealing with the aftereffects of being part-fly for so long. The first story ends with him finally allying with the Turtles after being very reluctant to do so, and succeeding stories continue the Turtles' fight against Shredder and Krang and Baxter's attempts to reintegrate into society. He and Barney on opposites sides is heavily addressed too. Barney is reluctant to leave Shredder, but he has learned the full truth of Baxter's transformation from what's left of the alien computer and he is growing increasingly disturbed. Story/episode tones can range from season 3-ish silliness to season 7 dramedy. Vernon also gets a chance here and there for character development.
LuckyLadybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #54
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
The problem is finding that balance. The 2003 series was totally serious but unfortunately by design that makes it harder to veer into comedy without it feeling forced. From what I've seen of the 2003 series I never found the comedy that funny because it felt forced. The series was always better at what it did best which was being serious. A really good Turtles show can do both sometimes in the same episode.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #55
snake
Disgusting

2k3 has quite a few turnoffs. For me it's the animation style and the godawful orange/brown color pallete they used so often. I love the show, don't get me wrong, but I can see why people would be put off from it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:55 PM   #56
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'm in the midst of writing a 3 season treatment that I hope to pitch to Viacom and Netflix down the road. Anybody who'd like to see it is more than welcome to PM me their e-mail address.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #57
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

my ideal shows are Nick, 2k3 and 87, I love them all! The only one's I'm not a fan of are possibly Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers seasons and of course, the Next Mutation.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #58
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I'm in the midst of writing a 3 season treatment that I hope to pitch to Viacom and Netflix down the road. Anybody who'd like to see it is more than welcome to PM me their e-mail address.
You've lost your mind Jeffrey.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #59
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
As someone who has done the research and work to pitch original novels to publishers, let me give you some free advice:

#1. Big names like Viacom and Netflix don't take unsolicited materials.
#2. Agents don't sign on unless you're a pretty sure bet.
#3. Even if Viacom did take unsolicited materials, they're not going to bring in a novice outsider to tell them what to do next with their property.
#4. Even if Netflix did take unsolicited materials, they're not going to be interested in something that require licensing and copyrights. Original or nothing.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:13 AM   #60
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You've lost your mind Jeffrey.
Hey atleast I'm putting myself out there. It's a shot in the dark, but might as well give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
As someone who has done the research and work to pitch original novels to publishers, let me give you some free advice:

#1. Big names like Viacom and Netflix don't take unsolicited materials.
#2. Agents don't sign on unless you're a pretty sure bet.
#3. Even if Viacom did take unsolicited materials, they're not going to bring in a novice outsider to tell them what to do next with their property.
#4. Even if Netflix did take unsolicited materials, they're not going to be interested in something that require licensing and copyrights. Original or nothing.
Thanks for the heads up. I am well aware of these things. Heck, I just spent a couple hours last night doing research on agencies for TV writers and from what I've learned it's all about networking and making the right connections with people. My buddy Patrick and I have our own original show and book/film ideas to pitch, so even if the TMNT thing never comes to be I got my own stuff to fall back on.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote