The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #61
Donnie
Something from the Past

I would erase IDW's "Donatello is dead" nonsense arc/campaign.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #62
AquaParade
Banned

It sort of depends on how the vacuum would be filled.

On one hand, I'd like to erase the first Platinum Dunes film. But that is assuming that some other studio would get the job done around that time.

There are other, more pivotal moments to mess around with in the history of TMNT, but this was really the perfect opportunity to bring TMNT back into the spotlight in a big way. Audiences were ready to take it seriously, the technology was there, etc. It was a big waste of potential.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #63
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It sort of depends on how the vacuum would be filled.

On one hand, I'd like to erase the first Platinum Dunes film. But that is assuming that some other studio would get the job done around that time.

There are other, more pivotal moments to mess around with in the history of TMNT, but this was really the perfect opportunity to bring TMNT back into the spotlight in a big way. Audiences were ready to take it seriously, the technology was there, etc. It was a big waste of potential.
This, so much.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:02 AM   #64
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
It’s much harder to find toy surveys from the year 1993 than it is for the toys of 1989 to 1992. Mighty Max from Blue Bird was not a top 5 toy during the holiday seasons of 1993 to 1994 or 1995 in the US, but it was a hit boys toy line in the way that Polly Pocket was girls from 1990 into the rest of the 90s.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...ml%3f_amp=true
The Los Angeles Times must have been stuck in 1989 or 1990. While there still were TMNT action figures in 1993, they weren't the hippest thing that Christmas.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #65
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The Los Angeles Times must have been stuck in 1989 or 1990. While there still were TMNT action figures in 1993, they weren't the hippest thing that Christmas.
TMNT was only a fad in 1989. The TMNT craze (Turtlemania) happened in 1990.

The Deluxe Talkboy by Tiger Electronics was the hippest thing in 1993, but TMNT did not leave all of the best selling toys of the holiday lists until 1995. The original Playmates toy line sub-waves with the turtle variants were selling quite well with some younger Generation XYers and Yers, until Beanie Babies, Toy Story, MMPR, Spawn toys, and the Virtual Boy for the SNES took over.

Last edited by mikey0; 12-08-2019 at 10:37 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #66
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Bay movie Splinter! He’s hard to look at cause he’s so freakin ugly, even for a mutated rat.

Also the 2k12 mystic episode where Fishface says to Raphael, “ I’m going to give you bass to mouth”. I find that disturbing.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:07 AM   #67
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
Bay movie Splinter! He’s hard to look at cause he’s so freakin ugly, even for a mutated rat.

Also the 2k12 mystic episode where Fishface says to Raphael, “ I’m going to give you bass to mouth”. I find that disturbing.
Lmao. Nice.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #68
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
That's amazing and worth saving for future generations.

I'd remove the original Shredder action figure, if we got a better one instead.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #69
Warhorse
Emperor

Ultimately, I wish I could erase Newline caving into soccer mom's demands to make the turtles more kiddy friendly. This was the TMNT's chance to shed that and become closer to the comics. Instead, we get a sequel with a new April because parents thought the first April was too sexy, and the Turtles were barely allowed to use their weapons. I dare say, it took the 2k3 show to before we got something with some meat back in the game.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #70
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
we get a sequel with a new April because parents thought the first April was too sexy
Too sexy? I mean nothing against Judith Hoag, but Paige Turco is like infinitely sexier than her. Heck, I'd take Paige Turco NOW over Megan Fox.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #71
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I would erase IDW's "Donatello is dead" nonsense arc/campaign.
That's a good one. And Image "killing" Donatello too. Why is it always Donatello?

So this is really a hard decision. I know that the Fred Wolf series forever ruined TMNT from being an adult franchise. But myself and so many others would never have heard of them otherwise. So I don't know if I can erase it. I for one actually find the multicoloured bandanas aesthetically pleasing and appropriate to the Turtles' personalities, although I'm embarrassed to say it.

Maybe... maybe the Secret of the Ooze, TMNT 3, Out of their Shells, Next Mutation era? I loved SOTO as a kid but even I thought Out of their Shells was pretty bad, and my parents took me to it and I was so hyped. But I guess the franchise became even more kiddified at this point. So I guess that sucked?

Or the sale to Viacom in general, but I do like a couple things that came out of it: the IDW series, although it doesn't pack the emotional punch of some of the other comic incarnations for some reason, and I did come around to the 2012 series. But I domt have much faith in the franchise's future now.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:01 AM   #72
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Too sexy? I mean nothing against Judith Hoag, but Paige Turco is like infinitely sexier than her. Heck, I'd take Paige Turco NOW over Megan Fox.
Hot dang. Paige Turco was cute in TMNT 2/3 but wow just wow.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:24 AM   #73
Vegita-San
Emperor

I think Judith looks better now than she did then, personally.

I would like to erase live action NT TNM from turtles history. I think it would have fared far better in animation. and no venus. or at least make venus some kind of other animal....Dragon Lord and his minions where a wasted villain in the limited live action style.

Erase the bad costumes and splinter voices in TMNT3. I think it would have aged better with henson animitronics.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #74
miru
Mad Scientist

Michael Bay's film, of course. If we want to get small, maybe those direct-to-video specials.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:56 PM   #75
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Get real. We're talking about the actual movies, not some random magazine photoshoot. I remember reading a review on Secret of the Ooze in the papers when it came out, and in it, the critic applauds the movie for toning down the violence, and replacing April that didn't strut around in mini skirts.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #76
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Get real. We're talking about the actual movies, not some random magazine photoshoot. I remember reading a review on Secret of the Ooze in the papers when it came out, and in it, the critic applauds the movie for toning down the violence, and replacing April that didn't strut around in mini skirts.
I guess, I mean suppose I could see that. But I'm still taking Paige Turco over Judith Hoag any day, no matter what either of them is wearing. I just find Paige to be absolutely adorable.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:18 AM   #77
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I guess, I mean suppose I could see that. But I'm still taking Paige Turco over Judith Hoag any day, no matter what either of them is wearing. I just find Paige to be absolutely adorable.
I thought Turco was better as April in general as a preschooler. I still believe that.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #78
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I thought Turco was better as April in general as a preschooler. I still believe that.
I dunno about anyone else but I seriously misinterpreted this at first.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:19 PM   #79
Leo656
The Franchise

I wouldn't kick either of 'em outta bed for eatin' Cheez-Its, let's just put it that way. Then or Now.

I think Turco had nicer calves, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:37 AM   #80
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I dunno about anyone else but I seriously misinterpreted this at first.
Yeah, I'm sure Paige would've made a great preschool April O'Neil back when she was four years old.