The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

To think that just a year ago we were heading into Northampton and Utrom Empire, and now we're starting the countdown to #50... I wonder how we will look back on all this speculation a year from now.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #22
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

My guess is it's just a matter of time till Kitsune stabs Shredder in the back... and Alopex will play into that. Tazi has it right, I think; Kitsune will try to use Alopex the same way the Rat King intends to use Leo.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

We still don't know *what* exactly the game's pawns will be used for, though, and I suspect we won't find out until well after #50 but I could be wrong.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #24
swing_kinker
Thug

Oh man...that cover is stunning
swing_kinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #25
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by swing_kinker View Post
Oh man...that cover is stunning
Agreed! I'm definitely going to have to buy this one digitally then track it down in print, that cover needs to be in a frame on my wall.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #26
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Question for our friends at IDW: How long comic time has it been since #1 through the end of issue 40?
Old 11-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #27
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Oof, that's a good question— I tried to keep some sort of track early in the run, then gave up. Putting very little thought into it currently, i'd say somewhere between one to two years.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #28
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

To take a stab at it:

Well there was a year and a half between the mutation and the full family reunion with Raph, as told in the first story arc. So Hob was looking for the turtles and Raph was wandering alone for about a year and a half before the series really began. Then we have another break of a month or two between #4 and #5 while Raph gets up to speed with everyone else. Christmas happens around #5 (Splinter gives the turtles their gifts, April visits her parents for the holiday).

Just going on memory of the art, it's probably back to spring by #12 (no snow, characters aren't in coats all the time, April and Casey are still in school so we're not to summer break yet). Summer would have to come during or between the next couple story arcs (Sins of the Father and Blood Brothers) because by the beginning of Krang War everyone's back in coats and there are fall leaves on the ground. So by the time of Secret History of the Foot Clan/the beginning of City Fall, the family's been back together going on a year, with about two and a half-ish years since the mutation.

My sense is that City Fall takes place over a month and a half or two months, with a break of maybe a few weeks in between #24 and #25 (somewhat filled in by the Alopex and Karai micros). So Leo is taken by the Foot in early-mid fall, and the big battle and flight to Northampton comes around late fall/early winter (maybe around Thanksgiving break since April and Casey get a break from school?). Again, there's technicolor foliage everywhere in Northampton so the season is pretty obvious.

That means the last couple story arcs would have to be either winter or (depending on how long they were supposed to have been in Northampton/how long there was between the past few arcs) early spring. The lack of snow/coats in the past few issues would suggest the latter. So the family's been back together maybe a year and a half, with around three years since their mutations.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #29
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Oof, that's a good question— I tried to keep some sort of track early in the run, then gave up. Putting very little thought into it currently, i'd say somewhere between one to two years.
Could we say 2 years would have passed through issue #50 when we hit that mark so at the moment 18 months?

Time passage can be a problem when the turtles have to stay between 15 and 18. I am sure that is a problem for any longterm creator working the Ninja Turtles.

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and involvement with the fans. You spoil us!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #30
ToTheNines
[sic]

I think you decompressed it a little too much Joey. Stuff was pretty tight early in the run. So the cold weather in Krang War wouldn't be all the way til next winter, makes enough sense for it to be February or March.

So then City Fall ends late summer. Northampton is Fall (turning leaves, Halloween decorations). So we're only just now past the family being together one year.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #31
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I think you decompressed it a little too much Joey. Stuff was pretty tight early in the run. So the cold weather in Krang War wouldn't be all the way til next winter, makes enough sense for it to be February or March.

So then City Fall ends late summer. Northampton is Fall (turning leaves, Halloween decorations). So we're only just now past the family being together one year.
Krang War is definitely in the fall, though. Check out the color detail on the leaves on the cover and the leaves all over the ground and the heavy coats/visible breath in the panels inside the book.

Spoiler:
Old 11-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #32
ToTheNines
[sic]

I commend your attention to detail, but you can't always go by details added by the penciller. I mean, look at the Raph micro... it takes place in between Christmas and New year's, but it's not drawn specifically as winter, just like how Duncan never made 1-4 look particularly Autumn-y even though they were November.

If you go back and read from like number 6 through Krang War, you'll see that little time passes between issues.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #33
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

#41 is seriously coming out next week?
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
#41 is seriously coming out next week?