The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #21
funatic
Mad Scientist

Old Hob 'pussyfootin' around with mutagen makes me wonder if we'll see a 4-part Mutanimals (or equivalent) mini-series in 2014...

Anyone think Woody might get mutated at some point, or will they keep him as a human ally? I'm on the fence as to which I'd prefer, the everyone-turns-into-a-mutant-at-some-point schtick can get old fast and is more campy cartoon territory, but on the other hand I could see him as a new spin on a mondo fan favorite...
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #22
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Everything I've seen of Mike Henderson so far has been great! He definitely has a style that is reminiscent of the old Mirage tmnt.
Huh? Ya mean Wilson?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #23
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

good issue. i really liked how shredder has taken leo under his wing. that's a side of shredder i dont believe we've seen before. it's the first character i can ever remember shredder "respecting". cpwiii's into flash back art was very cool too
Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
Foot Soldier

They keep killing it on this arc! I really hope that they bring Santolouco back for more after City Fall. So many food plot threads running, my favorite has to be what Karai has up her sleeve. I cant wait to see B & R and also the larger role Hun plays in all of it. Great stuff as always.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONATELLO DUZMACHINES View Post
They keep killing it on this arc! I really hope that they bring Santolouco back for more after City Fall. So many food plot threads running, my favorite has to be what Karai has up her sleeve. I cant wait to see B & R and also the larger role Hun plays in all of it. Great stuff as always.
Although, admittedly, most of the "food plots" revolve around pizza.

Thanks for the fantastic support, DONATELLO DUZMACHINES!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #26
Tazi
Mad Scientist

A bit less intense issue this time, but still nice, it was great to see less known characters returning from earlier IDW.
Spoiler:
The Savate went down a bit too easy, I wonder if they will regroup later. Poor Victor got... disarmed. (yeah, worst pun)
I liked the parts about Splinter/Hob the most. I was kinda suprised, I'm not expected the demolition of Stockgen, Baxter will be happy, when he is back...
Tho there's one thing that really bugs me. There were two test subject animals like Slash. With all the pro-animal/anti-human morality Hob has, why did he destroyed them too with the building? Possible plothole?
Old 09-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #27
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I thought Victor went down easily too.

Is that... is that it? For the Savate?

I'm worried someone's gonna die, maybe Alopex, and she didn't get developed enough yet.

The reason why I said Mike's and Don's appearances are being "butchered" is that the appearances are such caricatures. They remind me of the Nick cartoon which is obviously meant for kids who can't handle subtlety and nuances. Yes we know Don is smart, does he have to be lanky and big-headed and skinny? We know Raph is tough, does he have to be twice the width of the others? We know Mike is youngest, does he have to have buck teeth? I mean what is that?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #28
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Tazi,if you want a pun worse than that, "Baxter, you should have stopped while you were still ahead"-Shredder to Baxter Stockman about wanting to be free of being unders Shredder's thumb.

I agree with all about the Savate. I chalked it down to space issues so it was wrapped up quicker than it would have liked to have gone on. Victor did ask for his hand to be chopped off shooting at Shredder and Leonardo. If he not and stayed down he would have been just defeated not maimed and defeated. Not something new as referenced with Baxter Stockman above.

So the ooze vs mutagen. Ooze has always been an alternative term for mutagen so how is the ooze different? It looks exactly the same.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 09-26-2013 at 07:13 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

In this comic series, Mutagen turns you into a mutant, ooze powers you up and/or heals you. Ooze made Casey's old out of shape dad into larger-than-life Hun. I could assume, had Shredder wanted, Victor could regrow his hand with ooze, though I doubt he'd be that merciful.

Shredder loves to surround himself with potential back-stabbers. It wouldn't surprise me if he mutates Victor and forces him to work for him.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #30
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
In this comic series, Mutagen turns you into a mutant, ooze powers you up and/or heals you. Ooze made Casey's old out of shape dad into larger-than-life Hun. I could assume, had Shredder wanted, Victor could regrow his hand with ooze, though I doubt he'd be that merciful.

Shredder loves to surround himself with potential back-stabbers. It wouldn't surprise me if he mutates Victor and forces him to work for him.
I mean it looks like the exact same green concotion. I am curious. Does anyone have a panel to view the mutagen and the ooze side by side?

Good call with Victor's hand. So Savate are put down by Shredder and are under his control, the street gangs are under his control and hei s tricking Arnold Sr. into runnig them for him. The mob was put down by the Savate before Shredder got to them. Hob was left alone for delivering the turtles to Shredder. Is that everyone?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Haven't read much of the thread, but I am sure this has already been brought up.....
Spoiler:
Shredder cutting Victor's hand off was badass!!!!! Wow I love me some shredder!!!!!

Loved this issue! so much action and I love how the story jumped back and forth between characters!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #32
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I mean it looks like the exact same green concotion. I am curious. Does anyone have a panel to view the mutagen and the ooze side by side?

Good call with Victor's hand. So Savate are put down by Shredder and are under his control, the street gangs are under his control and hei s tricking Arnold Sr. into runnig them for him. The mob was put down by the Savate before Shredder got to them. Hob was left alone for delivering the turtles to Shredder. Is that everyone?
It most likley runs on the same priciple as Water & Acid both look the same but you wouldn't use one as a refreshing drink. On that note why would anyone drink Mutagen or Ooze?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #33
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

To become a super mutant...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #34
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
It most likley runs on the same priciple as Water & Acid both look the same but you wouldn't use one as a refreshing drink. On that note why would anyone drink Mutagen or Ooze?
Ok. I will go with that. It just seemed unexplained.

As for why anyone would drink ooze. Here is Arnold Sr.'s reason:
Spoiler:

Here is Slash's reason:
Spoiler:
Old 09-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #35
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Things I liked about the issue:

Spoiler:
- Shredder's protectiveness of Leonardo
- Bringing back old characters (even Harold!) and the reunion of Mikey and Woody, although we haven't seen much of their friendship anyway
- Obviously, the dream sequence--a very powerful opening to an issue
- The art is fantastic, except Mikey and Donnie
- Old Hob keeps getting more and more likeable and cool (must be the cigar)
- THE STOCKGEN BUILDING WAS JUST BLOWN THE @!#&@( UP! Does this mean no more ooze except the tube Hob has?
- Also Splinter now has to live with his killing of someone--he knocked out the security guard, who is now blown to smithereens.
- Karai and Alopex pass the Bechdel test as characters
- The breathtaking pace
- Bobby defending Michelangelo in the comments session--saying good traits of him and not just emphasizing the dumb goofy side.

It's getting really hard to juggle the characters, and although the writers are doing as good a job as they can, I think April is really just not doing enough, and Mikey and Donnie definitely are not as important as Raph in this arc.

I didn't like how easily the Savate went down, and I want to see more of the street war that's being alluded to. Like in City at War, when the Turtles get stuck in a "maelstrom of violence" and innocent civilians are killed in the crossfire as well. Maybe that will come later, since Shredder obviously owns the city by the end of this story arc.

I'm not sure how the hell everything else will resolve in two issues. We need to see Bebop, Rocksteady, and Hun do something still. It would also be nice if Casey did something. I hope he got a little brain damage and now has a side that snaps, since that's sort of quintessential to his character.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #36
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Although, admittedly, most of the "food plots" revolve around pizza.

Thanks for the fantastic support, DONATELLO DUZMACHINES!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
I don't know were I got food plots from
Old 09-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #37
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Yeah, I thought Victor went down easily too.

Is that... is that it? For the Savate?

I'm worried someone's gonna die, maybe Alopex, and she didn't get developed enough yet.

The reason why I said Mike's and Don's appearances are being "butchered" is that the appearances are such caricatures. They remind me of the Nick cartoon which is obviously meant for kids who can't handle subtlety and nuances. Yes we know Don is smart, does he have to be lanky and big-headed and skinny? We know Raph is tough, does he have to be twice the width of the others? We know Mike is youngest, does he have to have buck teeth? I mean what is that?
I noticed that Mikey had buck teeth XD lol it doesn't really annoy me...but why?? XD he already looks younger
Old 09-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #38
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Been too busy to put down my thoughts, but I really did love seeing Woody and Howard brought back into the story. I know we don't know much about Woody, but it's enough to know he's Mikey's friend for now. Maybe someday they'll expand on how they met.

Here are my thoughts on the issue....
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspo...ll-part-5.html

but here's my main complaint about the Savate Ninas

'I think the problem is the Savate were never given the chance to develop or be made interesting in this weird world of mutant turtles and revived 16th century ninjas. The Foot has a bad-ass like Shredder as their leader, as well as Karai, Alopex, Dark Leo and Kitsune. What do the Savate have? Victor looks bad-ass I must admit, but where are some equally bad-ass second in commands? Where are his mutant or otherwise weird ninjas? Maybe some cyborg ninjas? A dude with tons of different kinds of swords... a really big muscular dude.. maybe some disco dude with a large fro... I don't know... SOMETHING that stands out besides Victor and a bunch of bland boring characters noone cares about. Hell, take a page from Mortal Kombat and have a ninja that freeze things. I don't know. Those Naruto headbands aren't enough to make them stand out. Either way, the Savate is a boring and bland nameless gang that will quickly be flushed out by the Foot and their freaks. The only thing interesting about them is the unanswered question of why there was a second gang of ninjas in the city to begin with.'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #39
MikLeo
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Been too busy to put down my thoughts, but I really did love seeing Woody and Howard brought back into the story. I know we don't know much about Woody, but it's enough to know he's Mikey's friend for now. Maybe someday they'll expand on how they met.

Here are my thoughts on the issue....
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspo...ll-part-5.html

but here's my main complaint about the Savate Ninas

'I think the problem is the Savate were never given the chance to develop or be made interesting in this weird world of mutant turtles and revived 16th century ninjas. The Foot has a bad-ass like Shredder as their leader, as well as Karai, Alopex, Dark Leo and Kitsune. What do the Savate have? Victor looks bad-ass I must admit, but where are some equally bad-ass second in commands? Where are his mutant or otherwise weird ninjas? Maybe some cyborg ninjas? A dude with tons of different kinds of swords... a really big muscular dude.. maybe some disco dude with a large fro... I don't know... SOMETHING that stands out besides Victor and a bunch of bland boring characters noone cares about. Hell, take a page from Mortal Kombat and have a ninja that freeze things. I don't know. Those Naruto headbands aren't enough to make them stand out. Either way, the Savate is a boring and bland nameless gang that will quickly be flushed out by the Foot and their freaks. The only thing interesting about them is the unanswered question of why there was a second gang of ninjas in the city to begin with.'
the Savate were there to oppose Shredder, nothing more!
MikLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #40
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Naruto comparison, meh...

I always tought they look like this guy:

(minus the laser saber)

Tags
city fall, tom waltz