The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

bitch please, get out with the "outrage" BS. Your comment was eyerolling at best
Old 05-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #22
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Oh sure, by the likes of The Usual Suspects™, just being queer and exist we are political
I think the problem is that it’s those that makes it bigger than it seems, especially in news outlets trying to get those clicks (both pro and against are equally bad about this.)

For me equality is about creating the status quo, but those people make it out to be the “exception.” Hell once again Arthur does it the best with Ratburn, showing it isn’t a grad thing as it’s treated as part of the norm, but then you have those websites that had to ruin it and make it something bigger than it is.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #23
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The OP wasn't baity like say Andrew's threads but counting the history of political threads and only now clearing up somewhat I do think it's best avoided, you already have Candy Kappa being outraged for pointing this out.
On your bike. This was not intended to be political, and now you're trying to make it political.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #24
snake
Disgusting

Not gonna lie that motherf*cker was always pretty gay
Old 05-17-2019, 03:47 PM   #25
Allio
Foot Elite

I want to say he is bi-, I mean I believe there was an answer about him and Buster’s mother.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:51 PM   #26
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
On your bike. This was not intended to be political, and now you're trying to make it political.
Very true, I started it by casually mentioning it at the end of my post but I wasn't the one who completely derailed the thread making it all about that. So yeah in a way it all needed one person to get outraged by one comment for it to turn to trash like say the Andrew threads which ironically was what I was trying to point out.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:07 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

Slanderous filth. Andrew is an institution.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 05-17-2019, 10:22 PM   #28
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
This progressive kid's show now needs to show polyamorous and incest romantic relationships of consenting adults, otherwise they are hypocritical bigots.

...Because after all "love is love", right?
Old 05-17-2019, 10:29 PM   #29
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I want to say he is bi-, I mean I believe there was an answer about him and Buster’s mother.
Not really. She pretty much shut down all of Buster's concerns that they were dating in one episode.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:46 PM   #30
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Not really. She pretty much shut down all of Buster's concerns that they were dating in one episode.
okay, I could not remember. I think I had only watched a handful of episodes since I originally stopped watching it. Which of course were the three big ones, the one where Binky babysits Emily (cute episode) and a couple of the post-season 15, just to clarify if flash animation was really a mistake.

my only problem with this episode is I feel like at least Ratburn's husband should have appeared in a previous episode. It just feels like he is here just because of the wedding punchline (that Ratburn isn't marring the person the kids didn't like, but the one they do like.)

Last edited by Allio; 05-17-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think it was a classic episode?

Buster found out his mom was dating, but didn't know who, and somehow came to the conclusion that Mr Ratburn was dating his mom. Which he catastrophized as meaning his life would be Constant School Hell (as they always seem to do for some reason, despite the constant evidence that he's a Normal Dude outside of work).

And while he was down on his knees begging his mom to not marry Mr Ratburn, her reaction came down to "what makes you think I'm dating him???"
Old 05-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #33
Vegita-San
Emperor

i find it interesting that this post is allowed, but some of andrews posts aren't. 'combative' or not.

it's one side of the political spectrum that's trying to politicize these types of things, and that's why these types of posts should probably fall under the same banner.

if it where not for that, I agree that it should be open for discussion.
it's almost impossible not to talk about tv shows these days without it. look at the new she-ra.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 05-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #34
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i find it interesting that this post is allowed, but some of andrews posts aren't. 'combative' or not.

it's one side of the political spectrum that's trying to politicize these types of things, and that's why these types of posts should probably fall under the same banner.

if it where not for that, I agree that it should be open for discussion.
it's almost impossible not to talk about tv shows these days without it. look at the new she-ra.
All of Andrew's political posts are right wing bait posts this one is talking about an episode of a children's TV show that is showing gay marriage its not that hard to understand
Old 05-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #35
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
In a statement, Mr McKenzie said "parents trust that their children can watch APT without their supervision", and that children "younger than the 'target' audience" might watch without parental knowledge.
There's the problem, right there.

Seriously, this whole thing should be a non-issue. Gay people exist; grow up and get over it. If they want to get married and be miserable like the rest of us, let 'em have at it. There's really no harm in it. It can even be a beneficial. I mean, married couples sometimes file taxes jointly, sometimes putting them into a higher tax bracket and therefore sometimes paying the government more. You'd think it'd be encouraged. Win-win. But, alas, some state governments have to hide behind the Holly Bibble and prevent progress. It's a shame, really.

You wanna talk about spectrums... I have a cousin who's gay. He's married and is helping raise a child, meaning he's technically a stepfather. He also goes to church. The three of them went to Seaworld recently and had a great time. I saw the pictures. Kid had a blast and was all smiles. I'm happy for them. I also have a gay friend that I've known for almost 30 years. He's single, goes clubbing, and dresses like a weirdo. I'm happy for him, too. They're both living their best life and I'll be damned if I'd see it change for the worse. They deserve it just like everyone else.

That said, Alabama is f**king stupid. And that's not even an opinion; it's statistically true.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #36
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
There's the problem, right there.

That said, Alabama is f**king stupid. And that's not even an opinion; it's statistically true.
agreed facts for days. they refuse to join us in the 21st century
Old 05-23-2019, 11:34 PM   #37
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Wait, wait, wait a minute?! They're still making new episodes of Arthur?!
Old 05-23-2019, 11:53 PM   #38
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Alabama PBS stations are refusing to air the episode

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48350023
Censorship comes from either extreme.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:11 AM   #39
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Are we really going to get on a hypocritical moral high horse here? One form of marriage/relationship seems tolerable now in the West (when it wasn't and was seen as abhorrent 1-2 generations ago), while another is seen as just as repulsive today even if all parties are consenting?

I mean if people object to consenting adult incest relationships and polyamorous marriages, then I guess it reflects how closed-minded, and possibly racist they are too if the foundation of the gay marriage argument is: all in the marriage are consenting adults and "love is love". Because there are other cultures in the world, where that argument of marriage can apply as well with polygamy, polygyny, polyandry, and first cousin marriages.

Talk about double standards from those in the LGBT community and its advocates. I guess redefining marriage is only suitable, when it's for their idealized view, and not for any greater form of marriage equality. Congratulations on them for now being the same marital bigots that they criticized (criticizing those advocating only monogamous, heterosexual relationships) less than 5 years ago.

So it's time for this cartoon to reflect these other forms of love expression, and show the diversity of romantic relationships from other cultures!
Old 05-30-2019, 01:41 AM   #40
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

You're not giving the show enough credit there, it was also an inter-species union.

Tags
cultural trends, gay, not political