The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #101
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
I've never seen the film but I was told that the ending is completely different. Have fun reading, sucker.
I stole a copy from one of my classmates and read the final chapter and while the events slightly differ, thematically the endings are basically identical. Nice try, jerk!

The last movie I saw was American Psycho on TV last night. Awesome movie, great satire. My interpretation has always been that he didn't actually commit all the murders; it was all happening inside his head (I think this works better as well). What do you guys think?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #102
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Long time so I got some catch up posting to do.

Lifeforce - Old British sci-fi film about space vampire who suck life force out of people. It was interesting I loved the concept.

Sunshine - Bought the DVD so I obviously loved it. Looks amazing in HD. Danny really out did himself on this film it came together great.

Eastern Promises - David has always been "the man" but this movie shows he can do more then obscure sci-fi stuff. So did "History Of Violence" and seeing the return of Viggo was great. That fight scene at the end is gritty and amazingly shot.

3:10 To Yuma - I hate Westerns, I love this film. Bale and Crow are amazing.

Atonement - Eh...filmed well, good story, boring movie. Needed to be a half hour shorter.

Darkman - It fits in between Evil Dead and Rami's other movies. I loved it.

Video Drome - Strange...that's all I can say.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #103
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

Finished up Unforgiven in my Histroy class today and I liked it. Never really got into westerns, but I guess Unforgiven might change that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
Video Drome - Strange...that's all I can say.
That's probably my favorite Cronenberg film. And I've yet to see The Brood and eXistenZ.

How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #104
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabunga14 View Post
Finished up Unforgiven in my Histroy class today and I liked it. Never really got into westerns, but I guess Unforgiven might change that.
I hear that Tombstone, and Quick And The Dead as well as the one you mentioned are great I want to see them.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #105
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff View Post
I watched that again a few months back. I thought the fact that the guy dies in the end of the movie is one of the best parts. The first time I watched it, it came out of nowhere and I wasn't expecting it, but the way they did it was very humorous. That one part makes me think of this whole movie as sort of a dark comedy along with horror, which is a cool part about it.
One of my best theater going experiences (behind Raiders of the Lost Arc and all 4 times I saw Grindhouse) was seeing something called "Spooktacular". It was a bunch of old trailers, cartoons, newsreels, etc. and then the original Night of the Living Dead. It was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I hear that Tombstone, and Quick And The Dead as well as the one you mentioned are great I want to see them.

Raimi's "The Quick and the Dead" is a really fun flick. I also recommend "The Proposition", an Australian western from a couple years back, you'll love it.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #106
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I just saw a few movies yesterday, basically all I did.

First I saw Children Of Men. It was a very good movie, interesting story and it seemed to have a lot of meaning behind it regarding the future.

I also watched Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas. I've heard it was great, but I really didn't like it that much, mostly because I don't think I "got it." I thought it was funny, but in a really weird way.

Then I watched Last King Of Scotland. It was also a good movie. If your into history or politics or Africa, this is really recommended.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #107
ToTheNines
[sic]

Finally saw Sunshine, really wish I woulda caught it in the theatre.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #108
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

Watched Confessions of a Dangerous Mind earlier and it was pretty good. It was neat how it gave me a better understanding of what Chuck Barris' life was like when he worked on game shows.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #109
cqb101
Cinephile

Just got back from Juno, I loved it. Ellen Page is adorable, I want her to have my baby.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #110
Bigfoot
Stone Warrior

I don't know if I want to admit this, but I watched Super Bad after work today. GO McLovin!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #111
cqb101
Cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
I don't know if I want to admit this, but I watched Super Bad after work today. GO McLovin!!!
Superbad is ****in' great.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:41 AM   #112
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabunga14 View Post
Watched Ghoulies II the other night and it was pretty cheesy. I think I decided to watch because I'm kinda preparing to endure the suckiness that is Troll 2 later this month.
Good luck with Troll 2.

I've seen both, and Troll 2 will make Ghoulies II look like a masterpiece. I don't remember much about Ghoulies I, but I didn't find it as interesting as II.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #113
ToTheNines
[sic]

I had a snow day today, and I normally watch TMNT eps like "Take Me To Your Leader", "A Real Snow Job", "Tales of Leo", or "Monster Hunter" on such an occasion... but I decided to torture myself with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 this time

I haven't seen it in about 5 years, and honestly, it's not as bad as most of us make it out to be. Sure the animatronics are trash, the costumes suck, the plots silly and COREY FELDMAN IS THE WORST DONATELLO EVER (Tim Kelleher is a bad Raph too, as James Murray is with Splinter), but it's still mildly enjoyable as a turlte fan. I actually got some good laughs out of it, enjoyed the pop culture references and thought the fights were pretty well done (all of which I had forgotten).
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #114
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

I saw Cloverfield at the midnight showing. Highly recommended.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #115
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101 View Post
Superbad is ****in' great.
Hell yes. Why be afraid to admit it? After getting the DVD and watching the bonus features on it, this movie is probably my #1 comedy of all time.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #116
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

I watched Rush Hour 3. I liked it, I liked all of them. I know a lot of people rag on the series but I find them enjoyable. And yes, I laugh at Chris Tucker *gasp*
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #117
cqb101
Cinephile

Just got back from Cloverfield. So intense. Great ending.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #118
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

Yesterday, I started out with the Boris Karloff film Isle of the Dead. It was good and I was interested for most of the movie.

After that, I watch Rawhead Rex. Yes, it was cheesy, but I needed another cheesy movie to watch before Troll 2. I laughed a lot at Rawhead Rex and I kinda did some MST3K-inspired commentary here and there.

Finished the night off with Cloverfield. It was awesome and I liked just about everything in the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
Good luck with Troll 2.
Thanks. I'll be watching it tonight.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #119
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I saw Mad Money with my mother then Cloverfield with some friends. Mad Money was "eh" but Cloverfield was great. I loved it. The same thing that happened with Snackpants happened with me. People moaning and pissing about the ending but to me it was the best way to go about it.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #120
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

I watched Troll 2 the other night like I said I would and it pretty silly. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, which is fine with me. Other than that, I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

Last night, I watched a movie called Strange Invaders. I first saw it a couple years ago and I don't remember much of the first viewing, but it was good to watch it again. If you're looking for a decent science fiction movie, I'd say check it out.

Tags
movies