The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #281
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

So excited for tonight. From a review:

Quote:
The confrontation you’ve been waiting for!
Fans have been waiting for years to see Darth Vader cross lightsabers with his former padawan, Ahsoka Tano. Well, it’s no surprise, but the wait is finally over. The meeting between master and apprentice is wrought with as much pathos and anguish as anyone could hope — or fear. And with an added twist that no one could have anticipated, this long-awaited confrontation catapults into the ranks of Star Wars’ most powerful and thought-provoking scenes.

Those last few minutes!
As if all of this weren’t enough, the last couple of minutes of the Star Wars Rebels season 2 finale are just… well, they honestly defy words. “Twilight of the Apprentice” contains many beats that fans have expected for years, but by the time the ending smashes into you… well, let’s just say that the effect is not only overwhelming, but deeply, painfully surprising. Through surge after surge of emotion, fans will be analyzing this delicate, odd conclusion for months to come.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:24 PM   #282
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

That season finale was nothing short of epic!!!

I loved how Maul and Ezra's time together was parallel to Yoda's and Luke's.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:38 AM   #283
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Maul was awesome. Witwer crushed it. This really was the perfect way to bring him into this show without it feeling forced.

The Ahsoka / Vader confrontation felt a bit rushed but it was pretty great especially after she damaged his helmet and could see him under there. I think that's a good ending for Ahsoka too. She stayed with her master until the end even though it proved pointless. According to Filoni this wraps up her stint on Rebels. I think he only kept her alive in case he wanted to do a future story with her down the line.

One big gripe - I know the inquisitors are seen as expendable by the Emperor and Vader but they've eliminated 4 of them in 2 seasons already. Oh and their helicopter lightsabers were ridiculous.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:49 AM   #284
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

what a let down

Was expecting more from this episode with all the hype around it. Nothing truly outrageous.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:41 AM   #285
ABrown
Banned

While I found "Twilight of The Apprentice" extremely entertaining, there was a few things that I was disappointed in:

- As a huge Buffy The Vampire Slayer fan, I'm sad to see "Buffy The Jedi Slayer" (the Seventh Sister)'s death. I would've liked to have seen more of her.
- I wish they wouldn't have blinded Kanan. I hope this doesn't mean that we'll no longer see him in battle.
- I wish that Darth Maul would've been saved for next season because (see the next item)
- I wanted more out of the Vader/Ahsoka battle. All that buildup all season waiting to see the two confront each other, and it ended up only being a for few minutes.
- I understand why they didn't show Ahsoka's death. However, I would've liked to have seen some confirmation of her death.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:59 AM   #286
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

SPOILERS

WOW. That was super awesome! Ahsoka is still alive, I think you saw her walking in to the dark hall, right after you see Vader walk away from the explosion?

I wonder how things will change now Kanan is Blind?

Maybe Obi wan will be used? we may even get a story arc with him taking on Maul again?

All in all, 10/10.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:52 PM   #287
snake
Disgusting

Blind Kanan is the coolest thing this show has ever done.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:13 PM   #288
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Ahsoka is getting her own novel: http://nerdist.com/new-star-wars-nov...ced-exclusive/

Old 03-31-2016, 07:46 PM   #289
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Filoni on Ahsoka: “I’ve already been devising certain specifics around the future of that character, where she is, what’s happening, if she dies, how would she survive if she did? All of those questions. I think they eventually need to be answered—but I wouldn’t look to that, frankly, anytime soon.”

I think it would be cool if she was still stuck on Malachor and a young Ben Solo came investigating the Sith artifacts at the temple. I know he copied his lightsaber design from the events of the Great Scourge of Malachor but I'm not sure if he actually went there.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #290
ABrown
Banned

Overall, I would describe the second season as good. The only thing keeping me from calling it great is that I would've liked to have seen a two part episode right in the middle of the season to break up all of the filler. I would've liked for it to have featured one more big battle with the Inquisitors. I didn't quite get my fill of "Buffy The Jedi Slayer".
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #291
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

After announcing that there would be a Rebels Season 3 panel at Celebration (also screening the first two episodes) Filoni tweeted out the following with a picture of the Heir to the Empire book:

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at #SWCE 2016! And remember, there's always a bit of truth in legends.

Looks like the Thrawn rumors were true
Old 07-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #292
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Season 3 clip at 3:39

Old 07-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #293
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

A lot of things to look forward to: Ezra got stronger, and he has a new costume, new lightsaber. Since I only watched the fight scene, maybe it was mentioned, where is Kanan? And did Ezra get a new voice actor?

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #294
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

The shorter hair/new lightsaber for Ezra was part of the report that said Thrawn was coming this season. Gotta think that adds more credence to that rumor. I guess we'll find out on Saturday.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:07 AM   #295
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

THRAWN IS CANON. I love that they brought Timothy Zahn on board to help bring him into a Rebels and that he's writing a new Thrawn book.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:51 AM   #296
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
THRAWN IS CANON. I love that they brought Timothy Zahn on board to help bring him into a Rebels and that he's writing a new Thrawn book.

I creamed myself
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #297
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Old 07-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #298
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I met Timothy Zahn in February, and asked him about Rebels (even though I don't watch it... yet!) and Thrawn, and he just smiled. Glad to hear he's actually been involved writing for the character and not just letting Lucasfilm use him once more. I wonder if he'll still be "canon" to the EU, that it isn't effectively a reboot and he's in the Imperial picture now rather than post Jedi.

And bringing in Wedge as well? Nice.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #299
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I cannot wait. I want to see how Ezra will turn out.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #300
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Great trailer. Looking forward to this season.