The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think speaking out of turn to Donatello counts? "It was all very sad" strikes me as kind of Trumpy. Especially since it was followed up by not getting paid as much as he hoped.

(Also, this is just making me wonder just how wealthy Krang is?)
Old 09-27-2017, 09:35 AM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

This was really REALLY REALLY written for trade.

Also, I knew badass Neutrinos couldn't be trusted. Losers.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I for one am quite happy to see a slip in their Goody Two Shoes act. Rub some dirt on their Good Pure Wholesome Elfyness! I don't even think they know the Triceratons want Earth, but it'll be good when they realize just what they've done.

And Krang might just laugh at them until he realizes the Utroms on Burnow won't be safe.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #24
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Well, to be fair, most comics read better in trades than as single issues. C'est la vie.

The courtroom drama was highly simplified, but I understand that they don't have the space to accurately represent court proceedings, so it's all good. I'm really ready to see Krang get what's coming to him though and to see Leatherhead, the Turtles and the Neutrinos fight Maligna's swarm. I'm getting strong Zerg-ala-Starcraft vibes from the swarm, I'm curious to see if all the bugs are the same or if there are different types for different purposes.

Also my second letter was printed in this issue!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #25
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Knowing Krang, he might try to aid in the swarm attack to get some hope of leniency. And with all his experience, he'd be too good of an asset to waste.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #26
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Well, to be fair, most comics read better in trades than as single issues. C'est la vie.
Yeah, but some are way worse than others.

I found the AIPT review really nailed my own thoughts...

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...les-74-review/

Curious to see what Spengs will think...
Old 09-27-2017, 11:58 AM   #27
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Considering the Triceratons as villains makes some sense to me. Being derived from herbivores won't automatically make them good guys and when you're a big powerhouse of muscle and aggression, they might as well use it

I noticed that Cory Smith seems to put "palms" on the Utroms main appendages and for some reason it's really unsettling?

It works for the 2012 group (they even have suckers on the inside), but that's just...yeeeuugh. Why so flat? And yet...it's also sort of a good idea? Probably not one I'd be employing...
Old 09-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

If this is going to be the only scenes for the witnesses in the trial (and we didn't get to see Ace Duck yet or that fly/robot/fairy/plant thing from the last issue speak), I'm gonna be disappointed. Feels like these characters are all being glossed over quickly in the trial. I know we have one more issue left but it retroactively makes the Dimension X mini feel like filler...which I guess it kinda was.

Leatherhead is probably going to have the biggest role when the trial resumes after the invasion, but it doesn't seem like any of the 5 witnesses will amount to much if this issue was any indication. I mean what could Ace Duck possibly say when he's a rogue smuggler ala Han Solo?

Anyway the most interesting part of the issue was by far the Triceratons warning the Neutrinos that if they don't get a planet, they're going to war. And the Triceratons are basically like the Klingons from Star Trek. They say they die honorable deaths and mean business if you betray them. Peter Laird is a huge Star Trek fan and you can see how the Klingons inspired the Triceratons as a warrior race.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #29
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If this is going to be the only scenes for the witnesses in the trial (and we didn't get to see Ace Duck yet or that fly/robot/fairy/plant thing from the last issue speak), I'm gonna be disappointed. Feels like these characters are all being glossed over quickly in the trial. I know we have one more issue left but it retroactively makes the Dimension X mini feel like filler...which I guess it kinda was.

Leatherhead is probably going to have the biggest role when the trial resumes after the invasion, but it doesn't seem like any of the 5 witnesses will amount to much if this issue was any indication. I mean what could Ace Duck possibly say when he's a rogue smuggler ala Han Solo?

Anyway the most interesting part of the issue was by far the Triceratons warning the Neutrinos that if they don't get a planet, they're going to war. And the Triceratons are basically like the Klingons from Star Trek. They say they die honorable deaths and mean business if you betray them. Peter Laird is a huge Star Trek fan and you can see how the Klingons inspired the Triceratons as a warrior race.
Ace Duck will hopefully carry over into another story at some point, but the rest of the witnesses are indeed filler. Don't care.

And yeah, Triceratons were the highlight... but man, is the Neutrino king really gonna screw over Earth that easily?
Old 09-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #30
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Why is everyone assuming King Zenter is acting dodgy? I feel like he means that he will help the Triceratons find an uninhabited planet once all this is over, but then the Triceraton Commander is gonna be like "nah, we want EARTH" since that's where they're originally from and they probably view it as theirs by rights.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I don't think Zenter even knows that the Triceratons want Earth.

I would also say that he'd be too much of a wimp to deny them Earth when they say it's the planet they want, but he did hold out for months - maybe even years - when Krang was tearing Neutrino down looking for Honeycutt.
But then again, the Triceratons will prove to be a whole new ballgame compared to what Krang did.

The ironic part is the Triceratons muscling in to claim Earth as their new home while the Utroms are barely even able to settle down and come to grips with what happened to them, while the Triceratons have been able to establish themselves in the new world to the point that they're trusted.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #32
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Love the discussion in this thread, because I know #75 is hopefully going to pleasantly surprise many of you. All I can promise is this: no witness is filler, each one plays an important part in upcoming events (one way or another), and King Zenter's truly in a tough spot. And jetpacks! (I'll say no more.)

Thanks for hanging in with us all these years. We truly do appreciate each and everyone of you... definitely no filler in this group. You ALL rock!

We've got more craziness to come and, as B'een Go says... more DANGER!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 11.37.21 AM.jpg (20.0 KB, 10 views)
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #33
ChosenOne
Banned

So we all kind of assumed the "unspeakable alliance" against the Triceratons in the upcoming Invasion arc will be with Bishop... Not saying that scenario won't still happen, but given the Utrom/Triceraton backstory, what's if it's actually with or involving Ch'rell?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
So we all kind of assumed the "unspeakable alliance" against the Triceratons in the upcoming Invasion arc will be with Bishop... Not saying that scenario won't still happen, but given the Utrom/Triceraton backstory, what's if it's actually with or involving Ch'rell?
Or even Krang? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Love the discussion in this thread, because I know #75 is hopefully going to pleasantly surprise many of you. All I can promise is this: no witness is filler, each one plays an important part in upcoming events (one way or another), and King Zenter's truly in a tough spot. And jetpacks! (I'll say no more.)

Thanks for hanging in with us all these years. We truly do appreciate each and everyone of you... definitely no filler in this group. You ALL rock!

We've got more craziness to come and, as B'een Go says... more DANGER!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
You had me at jetpacks, sir...
Old 09-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #35
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I can see the Triceratrons point actually. On paper, it's hard for me to say they're even in the wrong here. Having a homeland and your own planet as a culture and society is key to becoming a species on level ground with the rest of the galaxy and not just engineered soldiers for other people's wars. And this isn't like previous versions who blew up their own planet. If the Neutrinos were to back out of their deal, the Triceratrons would have every right to be mad and who's to say fighting for a home of your own isn't worth dying for? Especially compared to being mercenaries.

The fact that we know they are going to choose earth is the rub, and displacing the previous inhabitants where the Neutrinos other friends, the Turtles live. From the Triceratrons' perspective, Earth is their ancestral home of myth, and theirs to live in by birthright. I really, really have a hard time not sympathizing with them, even if their means will probably be bad.

I will be interested in how this plays out, if the Triceratrons formally request a chance to make earth their home and are denied, or just come down guns blazing. If the former, it might come across as the EDF having it coming, and I know who I like better between the Triceratrons and flipping BISHOP.

As for the issue itself, it get why people are complaining about trades but...that's sort of the natural evolution of the medium at this point. Eventually the market will adapt to this, the newsstand delivery format isn't exactly healthy right now.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #36
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Or even Krang? Hmmm...
Doubt it. All things considered at this point, the Triceratons would likely never form an alliance with the Utroms.

Probably going to be an EPF + Mutants alliance, with maybe a few Utroms on the side. Churk is likely in my mind, since he's the original brain behind the Triceratons and would feel some tremendous guilt over what happened (which come to think of it, is extra meaning for him attacking Michelangelo)
Old 09-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #37
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Forgot to say, loved the design for the alien judge!
Old 09-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #38
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh yeah, that was awesome !
Old 09-27-2017, 03:09 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also was there a continuity error? Hakk-R said, "They got all 5 witnesses, those mutants pulled it off" in this issue. But uh....didn't he already know they got all 5 witnesses in the mini?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #40
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also was there a continuity error? Hakk-R said, "They got all 5 witnesses, those mutants pulled it off" in this issue. But uh....didn't he already know they got all 5 witnesses in the mini?
I don't remember clearly but I believe he was under the impression that they hadn't swayed at least one of them?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote