The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #61
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Okay, let me get this straight...they're putting Emma Watson, Ewan McGregor, and Ian McKellen, all glorious Brits, in a Beauty and the Beast live action movie? Three main characters from the three biggest franchises in the last few decades, and putting them together?

I might have to watch it just to see those three all under one cast list.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:50 PM   #62
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I can't wait to finally see a trailer for this one.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:10 AM   #63
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Josh Gad (Lefou) says we something very exciting to look forward to soon.

https://www.facebook.com/81755286161...type=3&theater
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Josh Gad (Lefou) says we something very exciting to look forward to soon.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...df&oe=579A1C00

https://www.facebook.com/81755286161...type=3&theater
It's probably the 1st trailer no doubt.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #65
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The first trailer debuts tomorrow on Good Morning America.

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/22/firs...sed-by-disney/
Old 05-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #66
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Cool, that is good to know.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:59 AM   #67
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The first teaser trailer has been released. I think the castle looks incredible! Plus, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Belle sound completely in character. March 2017 can't come soon enough!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/23...er-emma-watson
Old 05-23-2016, 08:47 AM   #68
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
The first teaser trailer has been released. I think the castle looks incredible! Plus, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Belle sound completely in character. March 2017 can't come soon enough!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/23...er-emma-watson
Here it is on youtube.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #69
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Something that I really liked about the teaser was that it give us a hint of what we could expect from this film. We saw what the setting looks like and we got to hear the characters speak a little bit. I remember around the time that Maleficent was released, it gave us the first Cinderella teaser and that was back in May 2014. However, it only showed the glass slipper. It wasn't until November of that year that actually got to see a trailer with scenes from the film. I think we'll probably get to see tons of footage of this movie in a trailer probably around the time Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is released, which is also the month of November.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #70
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Too bad it was just a teaser but still good none the less.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #71
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yes I love it.

After the faithful remake of Jungle Book, I hope this one is as faithful too. No more crappy live action like Maleficent derailing waay off from the original storyline.

I want Little Mermaid next.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #72
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

That looks very good.

I hope they rerelease the original and its sequels on blu ray. I missed out on the Diamond edition releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #73
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Entertainment Weekly carefully examined the trailer and noticed five references to the original film.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/23...ilm-references
Old 05-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #74
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Wow this is amazing! The trailer reached 91.8 million views in its first 24 hours! That number is even higher than the amount of views that Star Wars: The Force Awakens and recent Marvel films had reached in that amount of time!

Quote:
The first teaser trailer for Disney’s live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast had a monster first day, racking up a record 91.8 million views during its first 24 hours.

Unveiled Monday on Good Morning America, it became the studio’s most-watched teaser trailer debut, besting both teasers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which racked up 55 million and 88 million views on their respective first days.

The Beauty and the Beast teaser also crushed those of Captain America: Civil War (61 million) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (34 million). Counting full trailers, however, Star Wars: The Force Awakens remains king of the hill with well over 100 million views.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/24...ar-wars-marvel
Old 06-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #75
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
That looks very good.

I hope they rerelease the original and its sequels on blu ray. I missed out on the Diamond edition releases.
You're in luck. The original film is being released on Blu-ray September 20 to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/watch-a...ail&soc_trk=ma
Old 06-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #76
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
You're in luck. The original film is being released on Blu-ray September 20 to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/watch-a...ail&soc_trk=ma
Knowing Disney, the Christmas themed sequel will probably get rereleased during the holidays. Tim Curry really stole the show as Forte the evil pipe organ.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #77
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

so Excited that Beauty is getting re released this year as I want it in my disney collection. Now all Disney need to do is re release Lion King and I can be happy.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:09 AM   #78
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Everything that had a Diamond Edition release is getting one in the new Walt Disney Signature Collection as well, so you're good. I also missed out on The Lion King's Diamond Edition (and Beauty and The Beast's as well!) so I'm glad I'll be able to get them this way.

So far Snow White is the only one that's been released in the Signature collection, so, if you're interested, grab it while you still can. They don't stay out of the vault forever you know!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:19 AM   #79
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Everything that had a Diamond Edition release is getting one in the new Walt Disney Signature Collection as well, so you're good. I also missed out on The Lion King's Diamond Edition (and Beauty and The Beast's as well!) so I'm glad I'll be able to get them this way.

So far Snow White is the only one that's been released in the Signature collection, so, if you're interested, grab it while you still can. They don't stay out of the vault forever you know!
Pinocchio was part of the Platinum Edition line, but it surprisingly wasn't part of the Diamond Edition line. I wonder why they decided not to include it. They probably wanted to have Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in early 2016 and release Beauty and the Beast later this year in time for its 25th anniversary and before the live-action remake, which makes sense. They had apparently postponed the Diamond Edition of Aladdin from Spring 2013 to Fall 2015, so they could celebrate Peter Pan's 60th anniversary during the former season and wanted to wait to release Aladdin until after the Broadway production opened.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #80
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Ewan McGregor revealed that part of the reason why he's doing this film is because he wanted to do it for his five-year-old.

Quote:
You play Lumiere in next year’s live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast. Do you get to sing?
I really wanted to do it for my 5-year-old, Anouk. It was great fun, plus I did get the opportunity to sing one of the great Disney numbers, “Be Our Guest.”
http://parade.com/486440/walterscott...ar-wars-movie/

Emma Watson also recently spoke about playing Belle in a new interview with The Independent. She talks about it around the 4:50 mark of this video.