The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We're talking about actual bread, right?
Ninja Smoke Bombs! Exploding Arrows! Epic Battles! Issue One Nods Everywhere! *head explodes* 47 55.29%
Your skills are impressive.... but they will NOT save you. 14 16.47%
What you know is dangerous to your enemy. What you THINK you know is dangerous to yourself... 16 18.82%
There's a creature out there trying to hurt my April.... our April.... 8 9.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Ep Discussion: #9 "The Gauntlet" aka "Enter Shredder"

Alrighty, let's give this a go!

So, April is a little more than shocked to get a warning from her dad - from a giant mutant pigeon of all things. Apparently, the Kraang have something up their collective sleeves, and it involves mutagen and the NYC water supply.

Scary mutant thing out to poison the water, only to be stopped by other scary mutant thing... sounds a lot like Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.

After seeing this week's preview with Pete the giant pigeon, I can't imagine trying to take a walk in a park with a flock of mutant birds flying overhead. It'd be like getting pooped on by a pterodactyl... or Big Bird. But it shows that there's only going to be more problems of the Kraang doing their weird experiments in the dark alleys of the city.

The question I have is... how will the Shredder fit into all of this? We know so little about Shredder at this point. We saw a (fairly young and handsome) picture of Saki from the episode of Mike and Chris Bradford... that photo has intrigued many ever since it first appeared. There's going to be a history between Saki and Yoshi unlike anything we've seen on TV.

So, first impressions: Shredder is horribly scarred, and he's got some sort of skyscraper in use in the center of the city. But he's coming with the intention of getting Splinter once and for all. Is his physical state the result of something that happened between the two? Perhaps he was injured during the major fire that killed Tang Shen and cost Yoshi his daughter? Perhaps we'll have a little bit of the financial powerhouse that Shredder was in the 2K3 series. Perhaps he's looking at TCRI as a financial ally? Or weapons developer...

Also, some people are predicting that this episode may be the one where we see Bradford and Xever possibly get mutated into Dogpound and Fishface, respectively. While I'm looking forward to what the writers have in store for us, I personally like the idea of having more human villains.

Bradford is SO well known in the martial arts circles, there would have to be some sort of way for him to use that to his advantage - TV, social media, local live events. Xever's more important in the lower levels of society, in the gangs and prisons. He could have a major network of bad guys to collaborate with, if he had the reputation to be that kind of leader.

I think the most dangerous villain is one that has the power to influence public opinion. Anyone remember Dregg from the OT? Or Shredder from 2K3? It's all about the people you know...

So,

WILT THY EVIL SHREDDER COMMETH AND MERRILY SMOTE MANY A TURTLE?!
CAN APRIL FIND HER DAD BEFORE SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS TO HIM?
AND WILL MIKE SURVIVE THE 'TRAUMA' OF A GIANT PIGEON PROBING HIM FOR BREADCRUMBS?!

Stay Tuned!!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick