The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-14-2016, 07:28 AM   #141
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
What does that mean? I haven't seen any in "in hand" photos or video reviews so it's not a soft release.
I think he meant that is going to be out very very soon
Old 10-17-2016, 07:48 AM   #142
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Put in a Preorder for this and Krang maybe I'll see them by Christmas but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:49 AM   #143
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
Put in a Preorder for this and Krang maybe I'll see them by Christmas but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Which Krang? I thought the NT-01 was done

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:53 AM   #144
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Which Krang? I thought the NT-01 was done
Done? Do you mean released?

Yes he is in stock at TFsource (where I placed my order) but Sherdder is not so I have for him to arrive before my order will ship.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #145
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Cerebral have been released a long time ago, he even got a re-release with chrome parts. there's plenty of'em on eBay.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:55 AM   #146
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

I assume this has been delayed until next year.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #147
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

I'm seeing a December release date still but considering December starts tomorrow, I'm not so sure we will receive him in the next 4 weeks.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #148
Evilcat005
Thug

Just FYI heads up. We are expecting it to be Jan 2017 now, and maybe extended in to Feb 2017.
Evilcat005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:04 AM   #149
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilcat005 View Post
Just FYI heads up. We are expecting it to be Jan 2017 now, and maybe extended in to Feb 2017.
Figured as much, thanks for the update.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:58 PM   #150
kaptainmyke
Hench Mutant

I think it's really cool he can sit "indian-style" with this legs crossed.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #151
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke View Post
I think it's really cool he can sit "indian-style" with this legs crossed.
Thats not very PC- its called criss cross apple sauce in schools now.

HAHAH

Was floored when my daughter told me that.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #152
kaptainmyke
Hench Mutant

That makes no sense! Kids.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:03 AM   #153
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Looks like the delay have been extended to March according to Lunar Toys FB page.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:51 AM   #154
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Looks like the delay have been extended to March according to Lunar Toys FB page.
That sucks! I was thinking about this fig the other day and was excited that it was Jan already. I guess something to look forward to during the long winter month now.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #155
Powder
So tired of this place

Wonder if they'll still follow through on the bubble walker (& if it will have the same or a different Krang within).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:39 PM   #156
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Wonder if they'll still follow through on the bubble walker (& if it will have the same or a different Krang within).
I hope so! That one I'd imagine they could turn around faster than Shredder...seems more in their wheelhouse?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:54 AM   #157
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I guess we'll see how well Shredder sells, but I'd Love to see as Walker being done. And I suppose they have their own 1/7th scale Turtles planned if sales goes as planned, which while not the scale I collect it would be pretty sweet for those who Collect Play Arts Kai figures considering how big license Square Enix have.

I love how sassy the FB Lunar Toys guys are over how little reception Oraku Saki got compared to their own Facebook Page

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 01-09-2017 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:03 AM   #158
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I love how sassy the FB Lunar Toys guys are over how little reception Oraku Saki got compared to their own Facebook Page
I dunno if sassy is the word, at least not from what I saw. But it's interesting that they mention us, especially when they have a representative here (who I assume is the same peson) who could just as easily speak to us directly.

This was their post-

Quote:
"its funny how on FB and other community people love this figure but there are less welcome reception on technodrom form. Don't the same fans frequent these community sites?"
I assume they'll see this, so I'll address it here.

No, we're the most hardcore fans/collectors. You don't join this site unless the TMNT are a serious obsession of yours, or at the very least something you are very passionate/knowledgeable about. There are others like us who simply don't like posting on forums, sure, but not many. The fandom is pretty small compared to say that of Star Wars or a Marvel/DC property. The TMNT fans you see on social media, most of them are merely casual/passive fans, not die-hard.

For a lot of those fans, this is probably their first time seeing a cool looking Shredder toy since the early 90's. Many of them aren't big collectors. They're not picky about specific details because they either prefer things to be "updated" or don't care enough about the source material to desire accuracy. They see a vision of their childhood made to look "adult" & get excited by the notion. We on the other hand want a Shredder figure that actually looks like it did on the TV screen, & almost 30 years later, we STILL don't have one. That is not the fault of toy companies such as yourselves, but it's frustrating when new pieces like this or the Dream-Ex one come along & they too, despite their price point & adult collector demographic, do not look "right". They're awesome in their own way, yes, but they're not what we've been waiting for.

I see now they also made this post way back in June-

Quote:
"I'm glad that most people like this figure. It is not every day for some new kid on the street try something new to make a different. Now this new figure just have to get pass the old guards love for classic. The responds from here and technodrom is just so opposite. Definitely appreciate the appreciation for this new shred head."
It's nice that you want our acceptance (you've certainly got it from a bunch of people here, I don't think it is "just so opposite" at all!) & we appreciate your involvement in our community, the updates you provide, but you may just have to accept that we have very particular tastes. Users here on The Technodrome have been quite vocal on what specifically they dislike about the figure, concerning scale, style choices, etc. If it was in your power to change those things, & you then did, the reception here would have changed for the better. If it's out of your hands, then there is no need for you to worry about it. If you have received nothing but positive feedback elsewhere, & there are enough fans purchasing these items to justify their continued production, then unfortunately, we don't matter. That is often the case, & it sucks, but it can't be helped...

As for Dave, who responded to your comment saying-

Quote:
"Technodrom form is die hard old school fans who hate anything that "changes" their vision of the original turtles lol. Dont even bother mentioning the new movies to those people."
This isn't remotely true. If it was we wouldn't be discussing the Nickelodeon cartoon or IDW series on a daily basis. The majority of our userbase love those versions. Yeah, a lot of us don't like the new movies, but it's less to do with changes they made & more due to the fact they're poorly written.

People here like the figure! It's just that they'd have liked it better with a few changes. No big deal.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:21 AM   #159
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I guess sassy is wrong, was trying to find a bit more diplomatic phrasing since there's been a few other "jabs" at the 'Drome when replying to others, about the size of NT-02.

Design aside, I still stand by that I'd instantly pre-order this figure had it been in-scale with existing TMNT figures. Cause lets be honest even compared to the oversized Classics from Playmates he's way too tall when you're comparing him to Cerebral and where the Classics reach Cerebral in height.

I quit collecting Play Arts figures due to their size and they got bigger when changing the name to Play Arts Kai (and got twice as expensive as import toys)
Old 01-09-2017, 05:27 AM   #160
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I guess sassy is wrong, was trying to find a bit more diplomatic phrasing since there's been a few other "jabs" at the 'Drome when replying to others, about the size of NT-02.
That's too bad. I don't see why they feel the need to name-drop us so much...

Quote:
Design aside, I still stand by that I'd instantly pre-order this figure had it been in-scale with existing TMNT figures. Cause lets be honest even compared to the oversized Classics from Playmates he's way too tall when you're comparing him to Cerebral and where the Classics reach Cerebral in height.
I could probably say the same, yeah.